• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stillmatic

If anyone needs some coins I'm about 1 sniper headahot away from killing the priest on the heroic strike. I've got 2 spots.

PSN: Stillmatic

Edit: all done :)

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Thanks bungie. I love constantly finishing first or second on every losing team in iron banner. No the fact that i play my ass off and get shit for it doesnt bother me at all. I mean all i gotta do is keep it up for 17.3 years and eventually i should hit rank 3.

squidyj

Alright! 27 on my Hunter and now all i need is all the things. Chacned an engram and it was Achlyophage too so Im all set

If anybody needs somebody for nightfall, heroic weekly, or normal raid, let me know, PSN Squidyj

blazeuk

yeah, but it's not supposed to be a 1 month game. Plus if you see someone with a level 3 Dead Orbit icon, you know they earned it.

The problem with the vendors/factions is that it takes too long to rank up for the items they offer, none of it is particularly worth the effort, you'll probably get better weapons while you're trying to rank up. The armour is pointless once you realise you really should be upgrading raid armour and and the weapons are similar, raid weapons offer void/solar/arc damage on primary ones.

I only just finished ranking Vanguard up to rank 3 (started with New Monarchy instead) and outside of the sparrow there's nothing which is better than what I already have, they should be selling exotic items that are unique to that specific faction rather than just a paint job.

Flo_Evans

I want to try it again lol, but bo one seems to want to do it.

Well I will be on later. VoG heroic is really the only loot I can get till the reset.

We got pretty close. I think our strat was a little off and everyone was vault crazy by the end. Being constantly teleported is so disorientating and weird.

BokehKing

Banned
I only just finished ranking Vanguard up to rank 3 (started with New Monarchy instead) and outside of the sparrow there's nothing which is better than what I already have, they should be selling exotic items that are unique to that specific faction rather than just a paint job.
I would like to assume that they learn that lesson come December dlc

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Does anyone know if the Hunter Cloaks sold by the Speaker are cloaks that go all the way to the floor (like the Vault Cloak) or if they are the medium length variety seen pretty much everywhere in the game?

Thanks bungie. I love constantly finishing first or second on every losing team in iron banner. No the fact that i play my ass off and get shit for it doesnt bother me at all. I mean all i gotta do is keep it up for 17.3 years and eventually i should hit rank 3.

You need to carry harder.
BztRkCDIYAAIbhO.jpg:large

This match was won by about 500 points.
I made nearly 9000 points of the 20k in total.

Got a cool blue fusion rifle for it, too :D

Well I will be on later. VoG heroic is really the only loot I can get till the reset.

We got pretty close. I think our strat was a little off and everyone was vault crazy by the end. Being constantly teleported is so disorientating and weird.

Yea i feel good heading into it now. Just gotta find a group willing to to do it on hard

hydruxo

Does anyone know if the Hunter Cloaks sold by the Speaker are cloaks that go all the way to the floor (like the Vault Cloak) or if they are the medium length variety seen pretty much everywhere in the game?

They go pretty much all the way to the floor. I've bought two of them.

they're all full length, but the shape of the end is different for each one.

i've bought most of them so i could post images if you want.

th4tguy

It seems like every match I play in pvp I see a legendary or exotic item rewarded to someone. I've never gotten one though. Rng fail.

Frenden

Banned

I'm at ~1800 out of 2400. So close.

i want the ice breaker, but i wasted all my time this week in the iron banner so i don't have enough coin. oh well, i should really wait till the suros is being sold again anyways.

i'm done with iron banner, at least this one. hopefully it comes back later and i can continue my grind to rank 3. no way i'm making it there before it goes away.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
they're all full length, but the shape of the end is different for each one.

i've bought most of them so i could post images if you want.
Pics would be nice :) I'm strongly considering buying one but not if it looks like every other cloak until closer inspection.

I was so disappointed when I bought a Legendary cloak from the Vanguard and it was medium/short length :(

Sullichin

Lmao, this was my first reaction to playing warlock. In PvP, it's pretty much a beacon saying "shoot me! shoot me!" The glide doesn't seem remotely mobile or as satisying as the double jump options.

Yeah, it's not great starting as a Warlock, but I think blink is one of the most useful jumps in PVP. I missed it when I switched to Sunsinger. The fully upgraded glide is pretty good when you get used to it.

hydruxo

Just got Invective tonight. Not sure if I like it though since I've already been using Found Verdict for the last two weeks. They are essentially the same but the reload for Invective is super slow compared to FV. I'll wait until I get all the perks for Invective though.

Well I'm tired of hoping for good drops. Would you guys say the closest Legendary to Shingen E is Shadow Price. I was looking at the Grim Citizen from the Crucible vendor but I'm not gonna reach Rank 3 for a while.

RedFury

This trophy is really going to make me go insane.

I would REALLY appreciate 3 minutes of a few peoples times to help me boost this dumb ass triple play trophy.

I HATE pvp. I don't want to be in here anymore. I just wasted almost 3 hours now trying to do this. Could waste countless more.... Or I could take 3 minutes to boost it.

Please help a fellow guardian (who is being driven crazy) out. I have limited game time due to work and I just wasted 80% of this weeks trying to do this with nothing to show for it.
I got this the first day not trying(I didn't know about it). My advice is play like you do in PvE. Your trying to survive, don't get in engagement you can't win. There's no shame in running(I do). I'll run around a corner to recover and he follows for the kill only to get mowed down by other teammates. Get the kills you can but just survive. Don't go anywhere alone. Use a automatic and keep your distance. It's easy when most the enemy team is running around with shotguns...Or just play control wait for a team to capture pop blade dancer and dance, dance, dance. Hope the team is diverse. This is probably the easiest.

Gsnap

So iron banner is basically a joke, huh?

How am I supposed to rank all the way up in 7 days?

Well.. And everything else everyone's complained about like the levels not mattering and the gear not being worth it. Geeeez. First thing I'm legitimately disappointed with in this game.

SnakeEyes

Banned
SPEAKER OF TRUTH
No, you just know that you suck at using it :p

Just got Invective tonight. Not sure if I like it though since I've already been using Found Verdict for the last two weeks. They are essentially the same but the reload for Invective is super slow compared to FV. I'll wait until I get all the perks for Invective though.
Invective is better. MUCH better.

Yeah, it's not great starting as a Warlock, but I think blink is one of the most useful jumps in PVP. I missed it when I switched to Sunsinger. The fully upgraded glide is pretty good when you get used to it.
The upgraded Glide on the Sunbro is legit awesome.

X-Frame

Well I'm tired of hoping for good drops. Would you guys say the closest Legendary to Shingen E is Shadow Price. I was looking at the Grim Citizen from the Crucible vendor but I'm not gonna reach Rank 3 for a while.

Shadow Price / Grim Citizen / Vanquisher (from New Monarchy) are mostly like the Cydonia.

I don't know if there is a Legendary version of the Shingen, unless you count Hard Light but that's exotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom