• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

The game doesn't delevel you for doing raid.

You get raid gear and you have to of course upgrade it.

Saying the raid "fucking sucks" because you dismantled your old gear without thinking is a bit ridiculous.
Ah yeah I thought I missed some subtle innuendo or something... Your post sounded like a warning.

And I think you misunderstood him. He didn't do it without thinking about it... he's saying you should get MORE mats for dismantling fully upgraded gear. He's right.

Dunlop

Damn OT7

I've shelved this game as it's the biggest disappointment I have had with any game in recent memory.

But I'm starting to think it's just me lol

RizzOnMe

Neo Member
Decided to make my own clan full of awesome gamers! I have done the raid time after time and been successful almost every time. Fastest time was 45 minutes. I would like to get get a solid group of people together who love to play this game and to conquer it together. Not only in PvE, but PvP as well. We will have weekly events, raid groups, pvp groups, and even a raid trainer to train our members who are lacking experience in the raid. sign up at our website http://tfb.boards.net/ and on the clan site http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/479328

Bravo123

Neo Member
What's the best way to quickly level up gear?
Strikes? PvP?

Just bought some new gauntlets from Vanguard and need to level them to lvl28 quick.

aww yiss, motha fuckin terminus

ZKB4P1s.jpg

Oh, how do you get there?
What's the best way to quickly level up gear?
Strikes? PvP?

Just bought some new gauntlets from Vanguard and need to level them to lvl28 quick.

Bounties.

Damn OT7

I've shelved this game as it's the biggest disappointment I have had with any game in recent memory.

Plenty of people here admit the game has issues and is largely disappointing. But it has an addictive property to it that keeps people coming back even if they don't want to.

Destiny is cocaine.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Iron Zebra Bounty: Trade this in to GameStop and get a shooter with fewer networking problems.

aww yiss, motha fuckin terminus

ZKB4P1s.jpg

Now jump off the side. Surprise, theres no kill box! I spent hours last night exploring all the platforms down below that area with my friends. Its Halo 2 all over again, woohoo! There are invisible walls eventually, but still tons to explore, and you can actually jump all the way back down the lift and land without dying if you aim right.

I did eventually find a kill box just by complete random. Its like one square meter that you can jump through. Me thinks it was put there but never expanded to cover the whole floor, assuming it works the same way the kill boxes in Reach's map maker did.

Izuna

Banned
Yeah, and they also dismantle any weapons you have equipped.

LOL, sorry, neither of those is true.

It sucked because after finally finding a team of friends to be online, it was basically another strike with a portal mechanic. I didn't know what the platforming would be like but I heard it was good.

But here I am, OCD enough to want to play each day for bounties and dailies hoping I get legs and a helmet so I can progress.

Solo Nightfalls are better.

todd360

Plenty of people here admit the game has issues and is largely disappointing. But it has an addictive property to it that keeps people coming back even if they don't want to.

Destiny is cocaine.

The raid is top tier shooter content. I don't care what anyone says. I agree with everything else.

jeffyjaixx

So what can you do with the Iron reps? Can't you just do the iron banner bounties and just buy the stuff from the rep at the tower?

rdrr gnr

I'm still convinced the trade materials for marks vendor is a bug and should be the other way around. And why isn't heavy ammo blue?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna be playing Iron Banner on XB1 for another hour or so if anyone wants to join up. GT = kittens dx.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Carry the fucking team, get most kills and great kill/point streaks. I'll have some videos up in abit. But yea bless RNG.

Also a look at the Million Million shader for anyone who's interested in getting it for their Titan.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

Destiny is cocaine.

I'm playing less, but still having fun with it. Yeah I wish there was more mission variety, more bounty variety, more frequent loot drops, less grindy equipment upgrades etc.

But it's got great shooter mechanics, is a blast to play with friends, and I like loot games even if the loot is lacking.

I hit 28 last night. Need to get around to trying the raid. Haven't had time to set aside an evening to be sure I be available for a full run.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
So what can you do with the Iron reps? Can't you just do the iron banner bounties and just buy the stuff from the rep at the tower?
How do you get into matches that finish instead of getting zebra error messages? The beta ran smoother than this...

ryuken-d

Okay... Let's try this then. Who's up for a normal vault run? PM me here or message KneelBeforeSaad on PSN if you are.

I'm down, tonight. I've only done it in chunks helping others. I'd love to go all the way. PSN Ryuken-d have mic. lvl27 hunter fully upgraded hard light half upgraded queens sniper and zombie apocolypse.

panda-zebra

Well crap, what am I going to spend my Vanguard marks on now?

Went to hand in the Venus story bounty (and dropped Super Good Advice exotic bounty, the only other one I wanted). The package at postmaster had a Strange Coin, something ascendant, hunter gloves (no hunter, obviously) but also a rare sparrow - the thing I was out doing bounties to work towards anyway (although it's orange and I wanted the white one, lol). Suppose I better buy something and scrap it or the 200 mark cap will kick in. Might still buy the white one.

Damn OT7

It's just you. I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain why.

It's cool,I just hit a wall at 24.

I'm glad people are getting their money's worth
I've seen this posted a bunch but I really don't think there's a wall at 24, if there's anything, it's just a slowdown in progression. I've had TERRIBLE luck with RNG my entire run. Basically, all my top gear I had to buy with the exception of the raid gloves I got, and I've been able to steadily creep my way up to 28 without playing a ton per day (I probably get, on average and excluding the time sunk only in the raid, about an hour a day or so).

Well guess there was no reason for me to be scared of the iron banner. It's a little different from the regular crucible, but not really. Even at 24 with no legendary items I'm doing fine.
saw a level 25 go 30-5 earlier, there seems to be no reason for anybody to be scared of jumping in the iron banner. Honestly the only difference in iron banner that I've noticed is people play a bit more tentatively and some very minor discrepancies in damage values from regular pvp.

David___

Banned
Have one spot open for the raid tonight at 8 pm EST since one of the regulars of the group won't be able to do it this week. Preferred that you have experience but I don't mind helping someone that hasn't done it before. Level 28 + mic is also preferred. PS4

Homeboyd

I've seen this posted a bunch but I really don't think there's a wall at 24, if there's anything, it's just a slowdown in progression. I've had TERRIBLE luck with RNG my entire run. Basically, all my top gear I had to buy with the exception of the raid gloves I got, and I've been able to steadily creep my way up to 28 without playing a ton per day (I probably get, on average and excluding the time sunk only in the raid, about an hour a day or so).
There's not so much a wall as there is a hurdle. I believe you have to have at least one piece of legendary armor to hit 25 (I can't remember for sure). But yea, enough grinding and you can just buy this piece... b/c you know DAMN WELL rahool the bitchmade bitch isn't going to hook it up for you.

level 24 is when destiny says "grind gud". if you haven't been grinding vanguard, crucible, or factions, you're stuck dealing with RNG to try and reach 26.

Midas

First time I played a strike with one player just standing still through it all. Reported, for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom