• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd360

I have a hard time sleeping every night after losing to Atheon. I just keep running over the attempts in my head over and over looking for the key strategy. This time I don't know what to think because I think the strategy is pretty much perfect at this point. Everyone has the strategy down. It all comes down to just not dieing during the beginning. I'm hoping it was just everybody being tired. I want to win.

mstevens

Oh by the way my PSN is mcstevens88.. Would really appreciate some help on the 26 weekly heroic strike. If you don't think it's doable we could do the level 22 one.

krioto

This weeks nightfall is even easier to solo than last weeks:

- Ketch section - stay up high on the rocks where you enter the area - can take out everyone from up here

- Archon section - where you enter the area, you can also jump up high on the rocks on the left, there is a small platform here - can snipe most enemies - you will have to go down into the area to clear some small mobs that stay out of view

The actual Archon was a piece of cake - all elements get plus damage - just don't get hit too many times.

I have a hard time sleeping every night after losing to Atheon. I just keep running over the attempts in my head over and over looking for the key strategy. This time I don't know what to think because I think the strategy is pretty much perfect at this point. Everyone has the strategy down. It all comes down to just not dieing during the beginning. I'm hoping it was just everybody being tired. I want to win.

i know i'm gonna have some twisted dream about this boss battle too. uggggh

we gotta help our defense guys find a better way to deal with supplicants. portal team just has to be smart about the minotaur and make sure the oracles go down.

todd360

we gotta help our defense guys find a better way to deal with supplicants. portal team just has to be smart about the minotaur and make sure the oracles go down.

I don't understand what they were doing wrong. I ran defense last time we played the raid and it's not really hard to stay alive. You just go somewhere high and shoot the supplicants. Then you run to middle when shield comes out. Rinse and repeat. We have been doing very good with the whole splash damage thing too. People were dieing way faster than I expected.

Yeay, first time ever doing a nightfall as well as completing all heroics on max level! It wasn't pretty, but we got it done. Thanks tmac456 for joining up. I should have been playing with GAFers ages ago.

Holy fuck, I had no idea those missions gave you +500 rep. That shit is insane.

Obscured

This weeks nightfall is even easier to solo than last weeks:

- Ketch section - stay up high on the rocks where you enter the area - can take out everyone from up here

- Archon section - where you enter the area, you can also jump up high on the rocks on the left, there is a small platform here - can snipe most enemies - you will have to go down into the area to clear some small mobs that stay out of view

The actual Archon was a piece of cake - all elements get plus damage - just don't get hit too many times.

Got to the ketch section, but minotours had crazy aim, maybe I'll try again later.

Like, whoh. What's level advantage?

T5fNLGe.jpg

(Seriously though, the level advantage in Iron Banner doesn't seem like that big of a deal.)

Fuck quiters, they should penalize this fuckers by blocking any kind of earnings till they finish a full match after they quit. Also fuck bungie with this stupid matchmaking, 4 against 6 in the fucking moon or any place is stupid no matter how good the team with less players is.

putted around on remote play on my 25 titan for a bit, managed to complete the daily and get a stones throw from vanguard 2. Should hit that tomorrow, no issue, and finally pick up some more legendary armor, I have quite a few marks saved up on that character.

NastyBook

Wow, that Daily Heroic on lvl 28 was piss easy. All those tears taking out Valus Ta' Bullet Sponge just really took the fire out of that mission. Too bad these jackasses gave me Ascendant Energy when I wanted Shards. Ah, well. Onto Strikes!!

LiK

I don't understand what they were doing wrong. I ran defense last time we played the raid and it's not really hard to stay alive. You just go somewhere high and shoot the supplicants. Then you run to middle when shield comes out. Rinse and repeat. We have been doing very good with the whole splash damage thing too. People were dieing way faster than I expected.

I was offering to stay out of middle and shoot the Supplicants. That's what I was did to win the Raid on Normal. I was the Supplicant killer. Is this possible with Atheon throwing up a shield on us? I was hoping to keep the Supplicants thinned out so the escape from middle was less of a pain.

I really hate when the Supps decide to rush us, that's when we die, even on the pillar. If that's not doable, I'll stick to our current strategy. Altho I think we were dying mainly from fatigue.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow, that Daily Heroic on lvl 28 was piss easy. All those tears taking out Valus Ta' Bullet Sponge just really took the fire out of that mission. Too bad these jackasses gave me Ascendant Energy when I wanted Shards. Ah, well. Onto Strikes!!
With good void weapons this heroic is pretty much a cinch.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't know if I should laugh or cry. No raid gear, but I got the Suros and the raid Shotgun.

BTW, the Suros is better un-upgraded?

So how exactly does xp work in this game?
We get some at the end of PVP, strikes and missions but what about regular missions?
Do higher level difficulty missions give more xp?
Why doesn't the game show it? -.-
As far as weapons go does actually using them level them up outside of XP bombs such as those mentioned previously?

so bad juju, invective or thorn.

I already have hawkmoon so probably not thorn right?

If you want a weapon immediately effective, Invective. If you want to bet on whatever the devs are planning, you can take any of the others.

I have thorn, and the thing is just terrible. High recoil that will make you miss any shot behond the first if you try to fire quickly, meh damage and range, and long reload time with only 6 shots.

Bad Juju suffer from only 21 shots before reloading, high recoil that will likely make half your bullets miss, and really low damage per bullet.

This how our group does it: One guy stands on the pillar inside the ring on either side so that both portals are always open. The third guy stands way up high on the ledge above the left-side (mars) portal. He can hide on the back side of the pillar if Aetheon shoots at him. Otherwise he has a vantage point to assist both sides with supplicants.

The supplicants cannot dive-bomb the two portal defenders so long as they stay on top of those pillars inside the rings, and these vantage points allow all 3 defenders line-of-sight to kill supplicants on both sides, and since they come out one side and then the other, it's very easy for the 3 defenders to handle the supplicants.

Meanwhile of course the three portal guys just hang out on the back wall until Aetheon teleports them. The 'bodyguards' use their supers/grenades/rockets on the adds while the relic guy grabs the relic and rushes forward to do a jump/slam with the relic in the middle of where the adds spawn. Bodyguards kill oracles, relic guy cleanses once on the platform, again at the bottom, and again before exiting. Then all three make a rush back to the back wall, relic cleanses one more time, and they begin DPSing Aetheon.

The 3 defender guys can usually get eyes on Aetheon to DPS him without even moving. Sometimes left(mars) guy will have to hop off his pillar and move over to get a line of sight on Aetheon, but he just makes sure to use his super and clear any nearby supplicants before doing so.

We haven't died on Aetheon since 2 weeks ago using this method. We clear him first time, every time.

People think you need to do the 'run to the middle' strategy on Hard mode but we did Hard mode the exact same way. The only 3 people in the middle were the 3 portal group guys. The defenders stayed on the sides just like they do on Normal mode and we still dropped Aetheon our first try on Hard before he even went enraged.

TBH I think the raid is very, very gear dependent more than it is strategy dependent. Doing it before work tonight on my 27 titan, I grabbed my maxed Vision of Confluence and maxed Gjallarhorn off my Warlock, and it felt piss easy even though I was a squishy level 27. It was on Normal, but still. I just felt godly one-shotting minotaurs even though I was only 27. Gear makes a world of difference in the raid.

Omni

sorry to ask again, but does anyone have any input on bad juju vs invective? I already have a hawkmoon so thorn seems like a waste??

Bad juju is well... bad. But it is getting a buff soon apparently.

Invective... is pretty bad. Though admittedly I just dislike all shotguns in this game.

I have both but I'd probably recommend going for the Juju as it's a bit more versatile. And the upgrades are pretty cool (essentially unlimited ammo while killing low level enemies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom