• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paertan

Raiding this evening. About this fifth chest. It seems random when it is there. Do anyone know if there is certain prerequisites for it to appear or if it really is random?

nib95

Banned
Anyone have a fully upgraded Hard Light? How does it compare to Suros? Thinking of interchanging as I just got one for completing Nightfall!

Only one weapon and one armor piece.

So it's worth upgrading?

Does that health leech effect have any meaningful benefit?

Not really, the meat of the buff is from the Suros Regime buff at the end. The damage per bullet goes up the more you shoot after depleting half your bullets in the mag.

This how our group does it: One guy stands on the pillar inside the ring on either side so that both portals are always open. The third guy stands way up high on the ledge above the left-side (mars) portal. He can hide on the back side of the pillar if Aetheon shoots at him. Otherwise he has a vantage point to assist both sides with supplicants.

The supplicants cannot dive-bomb the two portal defenders so long as they stay on top of those pillars inside the rings, and these vantage points allow all 3 defenders line-of-sight to kill supplicants on both sides, and since they come out one side and then the other, it's very easy for the 3 defenders to handle the supplicants.

Meanwhile of course the three portal guys just hang out on the back wall until Aetheon teleports them. The 'bodyguards' use their supers/grenades/rockets on the adds while the relic guy grabs the relic and rushes forward to do a jump/slam with the relic in the middle of where the adds spawn. Bodyguards kill oracles, relic guy cleanses once on the platform, again at the bottom, and again before exiting. Then all three make a rush back to the back wall, relic cleanses one more time, and they begin DPSing Aetheon.

The 3 defender guys can usually get eyes on Aetheon to DPS him without even moving. Sometimes left(mars) guy will have to hop off his pillar and move over to get a line of sight on Aetheon, but he just makes sure to use his super and clear any nearby supplicants before doing so.

We haven't died on Aetheon since 2 weeks ago using this method. We clear him first time, every time.

People think you need to do the 'run to the middle' strategy on Hard mode but we did Hard mode the exact same way. The only 3 people in the middle were the 3 portal group guys. The defenders stayed on the sides just like they do on Normal mode and we still dropped Aetheon our first try on Hard before he even went enraged.

TBH I think the raid is very, very gear dependent more than it is strategy dependent. Doing it before work tonight on my 27 titan, I grabbed my maxed Vision of Confluence and maxed Gjallarhorn off my Warlock, and it felt piss easy even though I was a squishy level 27. It was on Normal, but still. I just felt godly one-shotting minotaurs even though I was only 27. Gear makes a world of difference in the raid.

unfortunately most of this doesn't work on heroic :/

I don't understand what they were doing wrong. I ran defense last time we played the raid and it's not really hard to stay alive. You just go somewhere high and shoot the supplicants. Then you run to middle when shield comes out. Rinse and repeat. We have been doing very good with the whole splash damage thing too. People were dieing way faster than I expected.
I'm not sure why it does it on the right side. But the enemies were rushing a lot more then the left. And the last two times they exploded and killed us while we were on the pillers. We can't do anything to stop that. Besides trying to kill them faster obviously. Never had a single issue with the left side strangely.

Being in the middle allows the supplicants to surround the defenders. Making it difficult to just jump up and defend the area. We can't just revive ourselves you know.

Those who sent me a FR, hang on a moment. PS4 says I have a Destiny update file to download, but it's stuck on preparing to download at 50%, then says cannot download. Any help?

Grinchy

Banned
Man, the Thorn really does kinda suck :(

Each of my blue hand cannons are way more effective. I really hope they tweak this thing.

unfortunately most of this doesn't work on heroic :/

You missed the part where I said we used the exact same strategy to down him on Hard. Worked the first go. Maybe it just comes down to the defenders helping each other more from opposite sides. When we did it on Hard I was the guy up above left portal, and any time supplicants came out I tossed a grenade down on one side of the portal to 'funnel' them around the opposite side, where my buddy was lined up ready and waiting to grenade and/or golden gun them. We would down the supplicants so fast we'd actually be waiting, looking over at Venus side pillar to assist him with his supplicants once they eventually showed up for their 2nd appearance on that side.

The defense guys really just have to cross-map assist each other more on Hard, but it is totally doable with that strategy.

Raiding this evening. About this fifth chest. It seems random when it is there. Do anyone know if there is certain prerequisites for it to appear or if it really is random?

We thought not getting the spirit bloom chest might make it spawn, but it didn't matter. On normal, we got the SB chest and the 5th chest wasn't there. On hard, we left the SB chest and the 5th chest wasn't there again.

Only other theory I've heard is that you can't wipe before you get there.

Man I really want to get Alien Isolation. But I know that if I do I have to divide my time between that game, this game, and real life shit. And I'm already struggling as is lol

Kaiken

Banned
It's beautiful!
i7LckTY.jpg

well it's what we did and it wasn't working

Who do you have on Defense? We were using two golden gun hunters and a sunsinger warlock for the grenade spam. I was the lock, up high above left pillar, using sniper to assist right pillar and grenades to assist the left pillar below me. The two hunters would golden gun when needed, and just use scout/sniper rifles to assist each other from afar.

Unless Bungie ninja-patched it to make hard mode hard(er) with the maintenance today. That would be epic trolling. It was 4 or 5 days ago when we did it IIRC.

Who do you have on Defense? We were using two golden gun hunters and a sunsinger warlock for the grenade spam. I was the lock, up high above left pillar, using sniper to assist right pillar and grenades to assist the left pillar below me. The two hunters would golden gun when needed, and just use scout/sniper rifles to assist each other from afar.

Unless Bungie ninja-patched it to make hard mode hard(er) with the maintenance today. That would be epic trolling. It was 4 or 5 days ago when we did it IIRC.

two gunslingers were in the portal with a sunsinger and there were two defenders and a gunslinger outside.

i've reached a point where "atheon down in 5 minutes on the first try" seems like bullshit. inevitably something always fucks it up, whether it's player error or a glitch.

Strider

Well we made it to the vault on the heroic raid. Gonna pick it back up tomorrow to hopefully finish it. How did those of you that completed it do the relic part and the Atheon fight?

I was the only Hunter with 2 defender Titans. :/
So I was really the only one who could one shot them from a distance.

Has anyone gotten the CE-36244-9 Error when updating Destiny? All i can find is that means the data is corrupted. Is there any way to delete a single update file, or do I have to re-download Destiny?

I hope rebuilding the database fixes this error. This is seriously annoying. Haven't been able to play Destiny for a couple days, and I get this crap.

Trin

To those of you who've got Macattk15 on your PS4 friends list, if you see a 28 Titan online, that's him. But if it's a 28 Warlock or a 22 Hunter, that's me! :)

Also, thanks for the help, Angelcurio! Wouldn't have been able to do that run without you (or without the leashing shenanigans lol)

I was the only Hunter with 2 defender Titans. :/
So I was really the only one who could one shot them from a distance.

Ahh I see. Yeah it's def better to have ranged defenders on the pillars. Having two GG hunters be the defenders standing on pillars was awesome because whenever the portal group got teleported, they would both have their super up. They would just take turns who used it, and would only use it if the supplicants managed to get down and surround the pillar. Otherwise it was just sniping/scout rifling/grenades and we were fine.

Also for the group that gets teleported, if you have guys with the Hezen's Revenge (sp?) rockets from the raid or the Gjallarhorn fully upgraded, they won't even necessarily need their supers to clear the adds inside the pillar. Those two rocket launchers are beastly.

two gunslingers were in the portal with a sunsinger and there were two defenders and a gunslinger outside.

i've reached a point where "atheon down in 5 minutes on the first try" seems like bullshit. inevitably something always fucks it up, whether it's player error or a glitch.

It took us 5 teleports to down him on hard. I don't know if that's 5 minutes or longer, but it was definitely our first try. Our first legit one. The FIRST first try one guy died by falling off the map within like 2 seconds so we just wiped and restarted. As soon as we actually shot aetheon, which was our 2nd try technically, we downed him without any issues.

At 30 rep for each victory and 1200 rep needed to even get to rank 2, I think I'm going to pass on Iron Banner. Zzzzz.

Honestly feeling very burnt out on this game now. The raid gave me a second wind, but I've run it twice now and gotten the same loot (read: 3 ass shards and chatterwhite) both times. I'll probably give it one more shot over the weekend, but if I don't see any progression after that I think I'm going to shelve the game until it's time to see what's unlocked in House of Wolves.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
LMAO! Just the randoms? You went in on gamer parents the other night, fella. Had me rolling.

Once I get on a tangent with a Peter Griffin "What Grinds My Gear" motif, I just go everywhere, including the raising of my voice decibels, but I care for this game, I hurt things out of love =S

Had a fun time with Nightfall and Weekly, the cheese was real damn good, we even got sprinkled with a little bit of the elusive purple cheese =D
Thanks guys was a blasting shooting the shit and getting wins and loot in the process
Got an amazing Legendary Helm with crazy bonus lol, I'll go get a picture

Ahh I see. Yeah it's def better to have ranged defenders on the pillars. Having two GG hunters be the defenders standing on pillars was awesome because whenever the portal group got teleported, they would both have their super up. They would just take turns who used it, and would only use it if the supplicants managed to get down and surround the pillar. Otherwise it was just sniping/scout rifling/grenades and we were fine.

Also for the group that gets teleported, if you have guys with the Hezen's Revenge (sp?) rockets from the raid or the Gjallarhorn fully upgraded, they won't even necessarily need their supers to clear the adds inside the pillar. Those two rocket launchers are beastly.

It took us 5 teleports to down him on hard. I don't know if that's 5 minutes or longer, but it was definitely our first try. Our first legit one. The FIRST first try one guy died within like 2 seconds so we just wiped and restarted. As soon as we actually shot aetheon, which was our 2nd try technically, we downed him without any issues.

comes back to what i was saying about managing our resources and classes better. between wipes we never had enough time to use heavy ammo anyway.

Paertan

We thought not getting the spirit bloom chest might make it spawn, but it didn't matter. On normal, we got the SB chest and the 5th chest wasn't there. On hard, we left the SB chest and the 5th chest wasn't there again.

Only other theory I've heard is that you can't wipe before you get there.

Will try not to wipe then! xD Oh well we will just check it out and hope for the best.

malfcn

I am a Warlock..
but one thing I dislike about the Nova bomb is the blast radius.

I see someone fly up, I jump up and fly the fuck out of there,
and I still die from a mile away.

Can anyone help me out? I think one of the updates for Destiny got corrupted while downloading, and now it won't download. Is there anyway to delete it,or do I have to completely uninstall Destiny?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom