• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raid sparrow has slightly more durability than upgraded rare to legendary, and legendary has slightly more speed than Timebreaker. Timebreaker does have an option however, of mega-boosting at the risk of blowing up your sparrow.

How do I megaboost? I've been holding down the acceleration and nothing happens.

Deku Tree

Level 28 with 300 Attack weapons and I still have trouble sometimes with the ridiculously Eliminate The Target public events.

Those Captains can backpedal faster than a sparrow moved and regain shields in 5 seconds. So frustrating sometimes. Then other times I just mow them down, I don't get it.

Yup that public event is glitched. Wish Bungie would fix it instead of tweaking the vex mytho every week. I can have the captain at a sliver of health in the first phase and all of a sudden he runs at warp speed to the end and warps and silver tier bye bye.

zoukka

Fuck Blind Watch and Twilight Gap? Is it Opposite Day?

What? Those maps are godawful and feature a number of choke points where capping becomes too high of a risk and people can just farm kills if they spawn on the right side of the map. I don't think I've ever seen a team win Blind Watch if they spawn on A.

Bastion is an awesome map where you can use all kinds of weapons and even vehicles and you have to actually move around the map to win.

ocean

Banned
Over two different Hard Atheon runs today, I got;

Legendary Ship: Aspect of Glass
Legendary AR: Atheon's Epilogue
Legendary Helmet: My Titan is now a Vex
A cool Legendary Sparrow
Ascendant Shards x3
Ascendant Energy x2

I really wanted the Epilogue but Vision of Confluence is my most-wanted weapon.

Anyone about to start VOG on hard? Add me ps4, Kean Burke. Level 30 Titan. Already did it on another character but trying to get the Fatebringer hand cannon.

MrMuscle

Over two different Hard Atheon runs today, I got;

Legendary Ship: Aspect of Glass
Legendary AR: Atheon's Epilogue
Legendary Helmet: My Titan is now a Vex
A cool Legendary Sparrow
Ascendant Shards x3
Ascendant Energy x2

And I got a ship and the sparrow on the same runs. Damn you RNG!

arimanius

What's going on with everyone quitting crucible games all of a sudden? I can't complete a full match with a complete team it seems.

I think VoC will solve my AR PVP problem when I upgrade it to full auto.

Also, solo cheesing Atheon with a Titan is tough shit. I almost got him once, but I didn't use my Super in the right place. D'oh!

Zakalwe

Banned
Level 28 with 300 Attack weapons and I still have trouble sometimes with the ridiculously Eliminate The Target public events.

Those Captains can backpedal faster than a sparrow moved and regain shields in 5 seconds. So frustrating sometimes. Then other times I just mow them down, I don't get it.

They're public events, not solo events. Two well geared people or more or a larger public group of mixed levels can take them down easily.

Tovarisc

Published 21/08/2014

Interview in which was director of production Jonty Barnes.

It's about the group dynamic. It's not just about a casual dynamic. It's about an understanding of people committed to playing the roles in raids. And preparing. With raids, you don't just jump into them. You've got to prepare before you go in, and decide, what are you doing? What am I doing? Let's all talk about it in orbit. Okay, what role are you going to play? Well, I'm an x Titan, whatever type of Titan I am, and I'm going to be defensive and hold positions. And, have you played this before? Yeah, I found success when I did it this way.

Source

He talks about deciding on roles for each player and what kind tactics they are going to execute. Why then mid-tier change behavior of raid more towards pure RNG over pre-planned roles and tactics?

Thanks for Reddit to pointing me at this interview.

He talks about deciding on roles for each player and what kind tactics they are going to execute. Why then mid-tier change behavior of raid more towards pure RNG over pre-planned roles and tactics?

Beacuse they don't know what they are doing. They are fixing something that is not broken. Complete and utter stupidity.

If I've done the Normal raid for the week can I not do the Hard mode cheese?

I would like to know this too. It's a different level, so it should be fine, right?

The Fixer is still the best PvP handcannon imo. Range is too good. What makes the Thorn extra suck is the reload speed. Even with chain of woe stacked to 3 it's still painfully slow to reload. Its also ugly as hell.
but I love it

I disagree. The ROF from The Last Word is godly and the Hawkmoon can literally drop you in two shots.

ocean

Banned
The reason you're weapon less in the Tower: everybody would be shooting Rahool, that cunt.

Gave me 2 energy from a purple helmet Engram when all im missing on my alt Warlock is a helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom