• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Source

He talks about deciding on roles for each player and what kind tactics they are going to execute. Why then mid-tier change behavior of raid more towards pure RNG over pre-planned roles and tactics?

Thanks for Reddit to pointing me at this interview.

Because despite Bungie claiming that the Atheon fight was always intended to be the way they are making it starting on the next update, nobody believes them that it was a huge coding bug (that somehow miraculously made in through QC) that made Atheon almost always reliably port the three Guardians that are the farthest away.

It seems that some people inside Bungie are very upset that people are developing strategies, posting youtube videos, and lots of people are beating the raid and the hard raid over and over in less time than they had hoped...

so in an effort to try to keep people grinding the raid for longer they are going to make a knee jerk change to the whole encounter that increases the difficulty substantially and further leaves out the more casual players or the players that don't have a regular RAID group of trained assassins.

Izuna

Banned
Bungie are fucking idiots. Perhaps give PvP and PvE different stats, and have polls asking players if they want randomised portal spawning or not?

The problem is that making a Raid harder won't make getting only Ass Energy at the end of it any better, and those who already have full Raid gear are laughing.

Because despite Bungie claiming that the Atheon fight was always intended to be the way they are making it starting on the next update, nobody believes them that it was a coding bug that made Atheon almost always reliably port the three Guardians that are the farthest away.

It seems that Bungie is very upset that people are developing strategies, posting youtube videos, and lots of people are beating the raid and the hard raid over and over in less time than they had hoped...

so in an effort to try to keep people grinding the raid for longer they are going to make a knee jerk change to the whole encounter that increases the difficulty substantially and further leaves out the more casual players or the players that don't have a regular RAID group of trained assassins.

Yup. Well said. It's becoming embarrassing for them. Changing the teleportation is just stupid. I guess it's more in line with the RNG bullshit the game revolves around.

Speaking of cheesing Hard mode Atheon, my group died as we killed atheon last night so after getting loot (got nothing but a chatterwhite and sparrow) I still have the check point.

Add me if you want it. Only thing I ask is stay long enough for me to switch to my alt so I can get the checkpoint for my titan

PSN: Razgriz417

edit: will be on for the next 20 min doing this if anyone is interested

Bungie are fucking idiots. Perhaps give PvP and PvE different stats, and have polls asking players if they want randomised portal spawning or not?

The problem is that making a Raid harder won't make getting only Ass Energy at the end of it any better, and those who already have full Raid gear are laughing.

Pretty much. If they want to make it harder then they should be making the rewards more secure and not god awful.

I once got only 3 energy from beating the raid on hard while others get vex, raid armour, timebreaker etc all at fucking once.

Daemul

The one upside of this new Atheon mechanic is that people will actually get good at using the relic. It's hilarious how so many people I've done the Raid with get scared shitless at the very thought of having to be the one to hold the relic.

Because despite Bungie claiming that the Atheon fight was always intended to be the way they are making it starting on the next update, nobody believes them that it was a huge coding bug (that somehow miraculously made in through QC) that made Atheon almost always reliably port the three Guardians that are the farthest away.

It seems that some people inside Bungie are very upset that people are developing strategies, posting youtube videos, and lots of people are beating the raid and the hard raid over and over in less time than they had hoped...

Yup. I feel like quitting Destiny all together with the raid changes and the hacks in PVP. Grinding tiger strikes gets boring pretty fast.

Izuna

Banned
Bungie fixing the cheese by putting bumpers is also hilarious. It happens because AI are completely stupid and will always create distance from grenades no matter what. How about making fucking Atheon not give a shit about measly grenades?

Zakalwe

Banned
30. Finally!

Anyone need a Titan Defender for hard mode raid this evening (gmt)?

Completed the normal raid 8 times, not tried hard properly yet.

Psn: astropoff

-

Raid gear:
Epilogue fully upgraded
Icebreaker halfway
Hezen Vengeance fully upgraded
Corrective measure two more to go

Will be available from 7pm gmt.

anddo0

The one upside of this new Atheon mechanic is that people will actually get good at using the relic. It's hilarious how so many people I've done the Raid with get scared shitless at the very thought of having to be the one to hold the relic.

Yeah, they treat it like a disease or something, that or they just don't want the responsibility.

Deku Tree

Yup. I feel like quitting Destiny all together with the raid changes and the hacks in PVP. Grinding tiger strikes gets boring pretty fast.

The hacks in PvP are total the worst. I don't really play PvP... was only playing it to finish some exotic bounties... but man people able to somehow start a match with unlimited Heavy Ammo... Bungie better fix that ASAP... do people know how they are doing it? Or is it just a few people and nobody knows how they are making it happen? Hopefully those players get banned quickly, and they patch it somehow.

FyreWulff

Bungie fixing the cheese by putting bumpers is also hilarious. It happens because AI are completely stupid and will always create distance from grenades no matter what. How about making fucking Atheon not give a shit about measly grenades?

Changing map data is a lot easier than changing the components of an AI engine.

They did mention there's some updates being slowed down because they have a patch in certification. A system-level patch, not the data patches they currently push down.

Speaking of cheesing Hard mode Atheon, my group died as we killed atheon last night so after getting loot (got nothing but a chatterwhite and sparrow) I still have the check point.

Add me if you want it. Only thing I ask is stay long enough for me to switch to my alt so I can get the checkpoint for my titan

PSN: Razgriz417

edit: will be on for the next 20 min doing this if anyone is interested

Will do, I could use that checkpoint for my warlock.

PSN babyghost853

Daemul

Daemul, don't underestimate my power!

*cue Mortal Kombat theme*

Come-at-me-bro-anteater.png

Izuna

Banned
Changing map data is a lot easier than changing the components of an AI engine.

They did mention there's some updates being slowed down because they have a patch in certification. A system-level patch, not the data patches they currently push down.

Atheon will have his own flowchart of actions. They just need to remove the "scared of grenades" bit. That would be easy. Hell, you could make it so that he automatically does a Hobgoblin shot at anyone who tries to throw a grenade at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom