• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwell

Finally cheese Atheon solo with my titan and I get shards and the ship I already have... guess I deserve that :(

Deku Tree

That's pretty much the exact opposite of what some Bungie devs were saying in the lead up to release. They were pretty excited to watch the early streams and see what strategies develop.

I don't understand why the small Atheon change upsets so many people. Are that many people relying on others to carry them through? You need even more strategy after the change along with some mild on the fly adaptation. Not cheesing Atheon on hard is stupid easy with a somewhat competent and reasonably equipped team.

If they are doing a small Atheon change for some other reason that the community would understand then why not explain it? Why give us this ridiculous BS about a "bug fix"?

I assume you're talking about normal, which you out gear by a lot at this point, time to move on to hard.

Can't believe some of you are still whining about random teleports. The only thing I can imagine is that the people you've been leaving behind are anchors that you don't trust to do the main roles, it's such a non issue.

^ Aside from maybe Suros, I would shy away from ARs in hard mode in favor of a scout or HC.

If it is a non issue for Bungie then why are they making a change to the encounter and calling it a (big lie) bug fix?

X-Frame

You get:

+15 Vanguard marks for completing the Nightfall
+10 Vanguard marks for completing the Weekly Strike, and
+5 Vanguard marks each day for the Daily Heroic

But there is nothing comparable to Crucible marks. I feel like there should be something for PvP players as well to give them a weekly boost, maybe it's just me?

Frenden

Banned
The starting assault rifle you get from the first story mission is surprisingly decent in PVP. Steady ROF, predictable recoil.

Been trolling folks with it a bit. Good times.

You get:

But there is nothing comparable to Crucible marks. I feel like there should be something for PvP players as well to give them a weekly boost, maybe it's just me?

Strikes innit.

ocean

Banned
Do you get any XP for Vanguard Strike playlists? Or do you just get the XP your enemy kills net you?

I want to level Atheon's Epilogue. Once it's at 300 I will rain purple hell upon Praetorians and Oracles.

Nodnol

For new page:

XBOX ONE: We have 3, maybe 4, people ready to try Vault of Glass FOR THE FIRST TIME. Level 28 warlock, level 28 titan, lvl 26 warlock, and maybe lvl 27 hunter.

We are hoping to find a "sherpa" to help us through the raid, but anyone is welcome. GT: Gareth Marenghi

What time zone are you guys in?

I'm EU, with limited Raid experience, but level 28 Hunter.

Nodnol88

broony

Anyone doing normal raid in ps4. Never done it before and really want to give it a try.

Lvl 28 warlock with both subclasses maxed.

Anyone looking for one?

Anyone want to get a group together?

PSN Megabroon.

Ready in 15 minutes

If I was to do Atheon's hard mode raid would I get all the drops from Atheon (normal and hard) or all the drops from the normal raid (templar + atheon) plus hard mode atheon?

Anyone know for this?

-

Also the only exotic weapons that will stay exotic are the Hawkmoon, Monte Carlos and Vex Myth since Xur will never sell them

Cave is crap guys don't bother. You're better off doing Tiger strikes.

New loot cave seemed ok I just went to level my exotics and subclass. Got 6 blues in like 20 min. No purps but I was t there long.

new loot cave is garbage.

I got six blues from farming for about 45 minutes. Seems okay, but not the most exciting experience-- chatting with friends makes it bearable.

We had one guy camp so the enemies wouldn't spawn. Several of us launched rockets at him until he got the hint. It was hilarious.

You get:

Gaining Crucible marks is fucking maddening... no wonder there is a trophy for it. Takes FOREVER.

Alucrid

Banned
Anyone know for this?

-

Also the only exotic weapons that will stay exotic are the Hawkmoon, Monte Carlos and Vex Myth since Xur will never sell them

you would only get atheon hard and normal drops

why would they give you loot for doing the entire raid for cheesing the last boss

blackflag

That's pretty much the exact opposite of what some Bungie devs were saying in the lead up to release. They were pretty excited to watch the early streams and see what strategies develop.

I don't understand why the small Atheon change upsets so many people. Are that many people relying on others to carry them through? You need even more strategy after the change along with some mild on the fly adaptation. Not cheesing Atheon on hard is stupid easy with a somewhat competent and reasonably equipped team.

Randomization is not strategy. It would be more strategic to strategize so that you are using the right weapons for the job, the relic holder knows his shit, etc....besides I like carrying the relic.

Got 1 Leg in an hour. Obviously RNG but more than Tiger Vanguard given me in last week.

Woah. You are on a roll today. Vex, Atheon, and a legendary. Play the lottery.

Also, I was just signing off when I got your message. Sorry.

Finally cheesed Atheon. Got the Sparrow and the Vex helm. Le sigh.

Zakalwe

Banned
I wish being in a three team for skirmish would queue you only for other teams of three.

It's not really fun either way. You're the 3, you almost always dominate. Vs 3, you almost always get dominated.

I see teams of 3 often enough to know they could be paired, too.

Zakalwe

Banned
What is the best way to use these weapon upgrades boosts from Xur because it doesnt feel fast st all

Funnel xp to the weapon you want.

Only wear fully levelled gear aside from the one weapon you want to level. Activate the telemetry when you know you'll be able to hand in a good amount of bounties.

I tend to get my pvp full, activate it, cash ten in, then quickly do a load of easy pve ones.

Deku Tree

I wish being in a three team for skirmish would queue you only for other teams of three.

It's not really fun either way. You're the 3, you almost always dominate. Vs 3, you almost always get dominated.

I see teams of 3 often enough to know they could be paired, too.

Yeah I never play skirmish if I'm going in by myself. I always do Clash. It's pretty hard with randoms to beat a team of 3 with mics.

Only wear fully levelled gear aside from the one weapon you want to level. Activate the telemetry when you know you'll be able to hand in a good amount of bounties.

I tend to get my pvp full, activate it, cash ten in, then quickly do a load of easy pve ones.

Never thought of that one. Thx!

Qwell

I thought it was proven that you don't need to funnel, each slot gets the same exp, so if you turn in 1x bounty worth 5000 exp each slot gets 5k exp.

Deku Tree

Only wear fully levelled gear aside from the one weapon you want to leve
l. Activate the telemetry when you know you'll be able to hand in a good amount of bounties.

This is not true. It has been shown with experiments. All your gear gets 100% of the experience. It is not divided. Equip 100% Unleveled weapons if you want to upgrade all of them.

venom2124

So I was checking out all available titan marks and a bunch of sites have the three joinable factions listed as having exotic marks. Anyone ever see one in game? Also, I remember prerelease art showing Titans with fur on the collar of their armor. Anyone ever get gear with fur?

broony

Anyone doing normal raid in ps4. Never done it before and really want to give it a try.

Lvl 28 warlock with both subclasses maxed.

Anyone looking for one?

Anyone want to get a group together?

PSN Megabroon.

Ready in 15 minutes

Online now. Anyone fancy it?

Namikaze1

You don't need to do this. It's been proven all items get the same amount of xp. Say for example, a bounty gives you 2500 xp. Each item not maxed out gets 2500 xp

Namikaze1

Bungie give us a Level 26 Strike Playlist please. Need faster rep.
What they need to do is increased the rep given from completing any of the vanguard strikes. A level 24 Tiger strike shouldn't give you the same amount of rep you can get from doing a single V.I.P. patrol mission.

Deku Tree

FTFY.

This game is roller coaster. I hate it; I love it; I hate it; I love it; I hate it. I really think at level 29-30 you are only supposed to play for 3-5 hours a week.

I love those missions.

At that point supposed to start leveling your alts up to 29-30.
I don't do this...I only have time for one character.

HighOnPCP

Anybody got a Oracle checkpoint for the hard raid on PS4 for me? Would really appreciate it. If so, let me know and I'll hit you up on PSN or just add me: HighOnPCP Thanks.

Fitts

Concerning primary raid weapons, (Visions of Confluence, Fatebringer, etc.) under what conditions can one obtain them? Is it only on hard mode? Do they only drop from beating Atheon?

Namikaze1

Seriously, it takes about 5-10 minutes to beat a Tiger Strike. Time varies depending on what strike you get. In that same time frame, I could have gotten roughly 100 rep from patrol alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom