• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay23

Does anyone know what time heavy ammo spawns? I've been trying to make sure i grab it everytime to rank up truth faster. I think it's 9:02 and 5:40.

Zakalwe

Banned
Yah someone posted about it a few days ago, did a test with the same exact weapon, once with all slots full and once with a bunch of other slots that needed upgrades. Same exp both times.

Good to know. Is there a video? If not I'll just test it myself next time. Should have really done that before...

Namikaze1

But you wouldn't have gotten as many blue engrams.
Who needs blues anyway? It's all about that purple engram!

Most of my blues turn into crap items that I just end up dismantling. On the very rare occasions, one ends up as a legendary item like today. Got a legendary scout from a blue.

Ramirez

If it is a non issue for Bungie then why are they making a change to the encounter and calling it a (big lie) bug fix?

I can't sit there like you do and call them liars with certainty. All I can say with certainty, is that the random teleports were the designers intent.

It makes the encounter so much more dynamic and fun. Like I said, the only people who find this frustrating are people who run with people they obviously don't think can handle it.

This community is so set on the path of least resistance, or just flat out skipping encounters entirely, and I truly do not get the point of playing at that point.

These same people who cheese the actual hard content, are the same who will bitch about there not being enough to do after they obtain all of the best loot through those methods, lol. It's just puzzling.

Ambitious

What's the reason for choosing PSN party chat over Destiny's built-in voice chat? With the former, I can't see who's talking, which sucks for raids.

hydruxo

Concerning primary raid weapons, (Visions of Confluence, Fatebringer, etc.) under what conditions can one obtain them? Is it only on hard mode? Do they only drop from beating Atheon?

As far as I can tell, Fatebringer only drops after beating the Templar. That's when I got mine and I've only heard of people getting it then also.

gatti-man

FUCK THAT. The story is misery. No way I am ever going through that again. I chose Titan; I am fine with my choice.
Warlocks are cool.

Then dont do the story? The game doesnt force you to complete the story again. The bad thing is you just dont unlock mars but im ok with that and have yet to unlock it on my lvl 28 lock alt

Then dont do the story? The game doesnt force you to complete the story again. The bad thing is you just dont unlock mars but im ok with that and have yet to unlock it on my lvl 28 lock alt

Wait is this true? I can just ignore the story and still be able to do the weekly and raid if I hit 20? What's the best way to hit 20 if you aren't doing the story?

Hzoltan69

Who needs blues anyway? It's all about that purple engram!

Most of my blues turn into crap items that I just end up dismantling. On the very rare occasions, one ends up as a legendary item like today. Got a legendary scout from a blue.

Yeah, but don't forget that you wouldn't have enough upgrade materials for your legendaries and exotics if it weren't for the buttloads of blue crap you salvage.

blackflag

Seriously, it takes about 5-10 minutes to beat a Tiger Strike. Time varies depending on what strike you get. In that same time frame, I could have gotten roughly 100 rep from patrol alone.

How do you do this? I need 1,000 rep for rank 2 on my alt and I'm going to grind all day

Also does anyone know if Iron Banner is coming back? I hated the event but now seeing the level 3 shader I want it. It is by far the best shader in the game.

Alucrid

Banned
As far as I can tell, Fatebringer only drops after beating the Templar. That's when I got mine and I've only heard of people getting it then also.

well i'm dumb. i thought fate bringer dropped off atheon. guess i should spend some shards to get my titan to 29 and run it to hard templar at least...

Deku Tree

I can't sit there like you do and call them liars with certainty. All I can say with certainty, is that the random teleports were the designers intent.

It makes the encounter so much more dynamic and fun. Like I said, the only people who find this frustrating are people who run with people they obviously don't think can handle it.

This community is so set on the path of least resistance, or just flat out skipping encounters entirely, and I truly do not get the point of playing at that point.

These same people who cheese the actual hard content, are the same who will bitch about there not being enough to do after they obtain all of the best loot through those methods, lol. It's just puzzling.

There is no way you can say the bolded part with certainty. And there is no way a "bug" like random teleports being replaced by proximity based teleports made it into the final game unintentionally.

FyreWulff

There is no way you can say the bolder part with certainty. And there is no way a "bug" like random teleports being replaced by proximity based teleports made it into the final game unintentionally.

One time Bungie pushed an update for Reach where you couldn't jump in the MLG playlist.

Sometime shit happens in the conversion process from dev to retail.

MADGAME

Anyone without or with little Raid experience want to join up and learn? I'm throwing a party together now on normal mode on PSN to walk people through it. It's okay if you have experience, just understand this is for newer players to learn so the progress won't be as efficient as regular teams.

Edit: 27 and up preferred with some leveled weapons.

Lakitu

st5fu
Don't bother with the new loot cave guys, I've been at it for an hour. I got around 4 or 5 worthless blues. The one in the steppes is much better. At least I upgraded my Mida Multi-Tool though.

Atkison04

Anyone without or with little Raid experience want to join up and learn? I'm throwing a party together now on normal mode on PSN to walk people through it. It's okay if you have experience, just understand this is for newer players to learn so the progress won't be as efficient as regular teams.

I haven't raided yet but looking to do so next Friday with a buddy. We've been gearing up and upgrading all our gear to prepare. Would love to find 4 other folks on here that would have patience with some raid virgins. I'm the7thAssassin on psn.

Zakalwe

Banned
Ok, so my friend decided he really wants to do HM tonight now.

So we have:

Level 30 Titan Defender (me)
Level 29 Hunter Gunslinger

We're well geared and have both completed the normal mode 7-8 times (me 8, him 7).

I have:
Epilogue fully upgraded
Corrective measure fully upgraded
TLW fully upgraded
Regime fully upgraded
Hezen Vengeance 2 away
Ice Breaker (halfway)

Loads of legendaries.

Both experienced in portal, relic holding, and supplicant clearing.

Looking to start a HM run ASAP.

Pan: astropoff

MADGAME

I haven't raided yet but looking to do so next Friday with a buddy. We've been gearing up and upgrading all our gear to prepare. Would love to find 4 other folks on here that would have patience with some raid virgins. I'm the7thAssassin on psn.

Cool, looking for right now but I'll help next week.

Edit: 3 spots available

Deku Tree

One time Bungie pushed an update for Reach where you couldn't jump in the MLG playlist.

Sometime shit happens in the conversion process from dev to retail.

Atheon was coded to teleport the guardians furthest away from him. No chance that is a "shit happens in conversion process" bug.

mstevens

Is there anyone cheesing the last raid boss on normal that would let me join them? I'll be on all day and would really appreciate it.

Awwww HELL YEAH!!!

Just scored the Heart of Praxic Fire off a Xur Engram.

Was playing all day to get the 2 motes of light I needed to buy the engram. Got one from Rahool and then leveled playing crucible. 1 shot 1 Hear of Praxic Fire.

Namikaze1

Yeah, but don't forget that you wouldn't have enough upgrade materials for your legendaries and exotics if it weren't for the buttloads of blue crap you salvage.
I have so much armor plating I don't need to dismantle any blues for my Titan. My warlock has enough for legendaries and whatnot.
How do you do this? I need 1,000 rep for rank 2 on my alt and I'm going to grind all day
I start off with missions that I can do in that particular area. Those would be the kill x amount of enemies and the kill certain enemies for a drop missions.
If the area has one that takes you to a different area, I save those for last. Once I do all the one I can do in a single area, I take those that have me travel to another area, complete that one and rinse and repeat the process.

Old Russia is a favorite place of mine to do this since I know the area quite well from all the time I spent going around in the alpha and beta.

Steroyd

What's the best way to level up if I don't want to do the story mode?

Unfortunately, you have to do story mode to unlock stuff.

Basically, only do the story missions with the big icons, always aim for the heroic levels through crucible, do bounties, vanguard and crucible even the ones where you suck, you'll level up slogging through trying to accomplish them.

Got my alt warlock and Hunter to level 20 in a couple of days only did about 6 or 7 story missions, haven't unlocked Mars patrol on either lol.

broony

Edit: 27 and up preferred with some leveled weapons.

Ready now. PSN Megabroon

FyreWulff

Atheon was coded to teleport the guardians furthest away from him. No chance that is a "shit happens in conversion process" bug.

And the original MLG gametypes were coded to let you jump. It still happened. Wrong byte gets written into the field that selects the parameters of the attack, and it fails in a way that you can't really tell it's broken (people are still being teleported).

Namikaze1

10 minutes maybe, but what strikes are only 5 minutes long?
You can do the Venus one with the Vex boss in 5 minutes with friends. All you have to do is kill the 3 servitors at the start, the minotaurs to summon the end boss, and the end boss and that's it. You can skip everything else.

Funnel xp to the weapon you want.

Only wear fully levelled gear aside from the one weapon you want to level. Activate the telemetry when you know you'll be able to hand in a good amount of bounties.

I tend to get my pvp full, activate it, cash ten in, then quickly do a load of easy pve ones.
This has been disproven. You are wasting xp if you do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom