• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganhyun

Decided I would check out that loot cave. Kids got mad I showed up and pushed me off so I trolled them by sitting in the cave.

Haines

Banned
Is hard raid worth doing?

Any more fun than normal raid?

I'm 29 and nothing to do cuz it's end of week. Could do some crucible but that doesn't sound too enticing after all that iron banner

broony

Anyone without or with little Raid experience want to join up and learn? I'm throwing a party together now on normal mode on PSN to walk people through it. It's okay if you have experience, just understand this is for newer players to learn so the progress won't be as efficient as regular teams.

Edit: 27 and up preferred with some leveled weapons.[/

What's your PSN

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Whew, did the weekly strike at lvl 28 alone starting at level 26. I leveled up during the strike. Took less than an hour. Like 50 minutes tops.

Deku Tree

And the original MLG gametypes were coded to let you jump. It still happened. Wrong byte gets written into the field that selects the parameters of the attack, and it fails in a way that you can't really tell it's broken (people are still being teleported).

Not believable IMO. Not being able to jump is different from teleporting the whole rear group reliably almost every time. You can't just change an entire encounter like that when a "wrong byte gets written into a field". If it was a bug, they would have mentioned it before now.

Unfortunately, you have to do story mode to unlock stuff.

Basically, only do the story missions with the big icons, always aim for the heroic levels through crucible, do bounties, vanguard and crucible even the ones where you suck, you'll level up slogging through trying to accomplish them.

Got my alt warlock and Hunter to level 20 in a couple of days only did about 6 or 7 story missions, haven't unlocked Mars patrol on either lol.

I might take your advice with only doing the big crown icons. I was going to do all the missions in hoping of getting exp. Going to finish up the moon and then go to the bounty guy and see what is there for crucible. I'm almost level 10 on this alt.

blazeuk

I'm annoyingly going to have to waste a bunch of shards upgrading armour I'm just going to dismantle as soon as I get the raid armour I need, finally have 2 days off work but my rather rubbish luck with normal raid meant I didn't get what I needed to move from level 28 to 29 so I can try out hard mode. It's either that or find someone with the Atheon checkpoint and get that so I can cheese it and hope I get something I'm after.

Alucrid

Banned
I've got the Sony Pulse Elite headset, and I can adjust the volume of game audio and voice chat. Is this not possible with your headsets? Or rather, shouldn't there be a setting on the PS4 somewhere?

destiny doesn't have any audio options, so on basic headsets you're out of luck

Mazre

29 Titan looking for raid, normal or hard.

Also have 27 warlock alt available to normal raid, nightfall, or weekly.

PS4: Mazre_

Ambitious

destiny doesn't have any audio options, so on basic headsets you're out of luck

Yeah, but what about the firmware setting?

Audio-options.jpg

E92 M3

I think it's just 8 hours but man, I couldn't do it on the same class.

Bounties, and a crap load of PvP. It took me two days to reach level 20 for my alt.

It's just so hard to go through everything again - especially because I am only doing this for boots lol. I'll probably just chip away a little at a time. I am the type of guy that normally likes to only stick with one build whether it's Dark Souls, Skyrim, Destiny, any game with classes.

mstevens

Anyone without or with little Raid experience want to join up and learn? I'm throwing a party together now on normal mode on PSN to walk people through it. It's okay if you have experience, just understand this is for newer players to learn so the progress won't be as efficient as regular teams.

Edit: 27 and up preferred with some leveled weapons.

I want to learn! I'm 27 psn is mcstevens88

Yeah, but what about the firmware setting?
That only allows chat audio to be heard through the headset. There is no game sound that comes through the headset. I also turn the chat audio all the way up, but it's still hard to hear anyone unless I am using a party chat or turn off the game sound.

Ambitious

That only allows chat audio to be heard through the headset. There is no game sound that comes through the headset. I also turn the chat audio all the way up, but it's still hard to hear anyone unless I am using a party chat or turn off the game sound.

I see. Well, this sucks.

gatti-man

Wait is this true? I can just ignore the story and still be able to do the weekly and raid if I hit 20? What's the best way to hit 20 if you aren't doing the story?

Yes. Ive completed raid normal weekly and even mars dailies on my alt that does not have mars unlocked.

I only did story missions that lined up with a few bounties to end up with a 10k xp bonus otherwise i pvp'd and did public events or strikes.

Do public events not happen when you're a low-level? I'm trying to level my warlock only to find out the Devil Walker public event doesn't happen on every 00:15 and 00:45 like it does when I'm on my lvl 29 hunter.

Shit is dumb.

Getting bored of destiny. Maybe I should try hard raid for the challenge...

How many alts do you have? Either the same class or different classes? What is making Destiny fun for me is having 3 characters of the same class being able to get loot to share to my main. Then I'm going to horde strange coins until I want to delete both alts and make real alts of different classes. Meh. Bungie probably doesn't like this but I need level 30.

Mazre

Do public events not happen when you're a low-level? I'm trying to level my warlock only to find out the Devil Walker public event doesn't happen on every 00:15 and 00:45 like it does when I'm on my lvl 29 hunter.

Shit is dumb.

Don't think it's level based, event timers are just +-5 minutes sometimes.

Shito

Shit is dumb.
They happen for everyone, regardless of their level.
Must have missed some of the requirements for one to pop (being there on time is not enough, you have to have someone in the zone some 5 minutes before, and the event can "slide" by 5 minutes to check for this).

Shito

I've been at The Divide for two hours and no public events. I was there with other low-levels waiting for it to happen.

It's dumb.
If you really did not leave the divide this long and had nothing happen, something must be fishy with your instance.
I would go to orbit and try joining a new one.

If you really did not leave the divide this long and had nothing happen, something must be fishy with your instance.
I would go to orbit and try joining a new one.

Nah, it's time for me to give up Destiny all together. Going to give it to my nephew. Maybe he has more patience with Bungie than I do.

Haines

Banned
How many alts do you have? Either the same class or different classes? What is making Destiny fun for me is having 3 characters of the same class being able to get loot to share to my main. Then I'm going to horde strange coins until I want to delete both alts and make real alts of different classes. Meh. Bungie probably doesn't like this but I need level 30.

I have o interest in an alt. just sounds too much like making the game a job to me.

I'm a 29 hunter.

Just happened to get an invective bounty but it wants me to do 5 strikes without death. I think il just try to do 24 strikes when vanguard resets with good teams so that I can be more efficient. Grinding the lol. 12 strike solo sounds extremely boring.

Haines

Banned

Shit is dumb.

Use destiny public events..com works every single time in divide for me.

Yaari

Man, Shingen-C is an incredible PVP gun. It's better than my Vanquisher VIII on my 28 Hunter. Not sure what the deal with that is. I can only guess Shingen-E is even better. Not sure where to get one from.

My alt is level 10 now, it is not that bad mixing PVE up with PVP. PVP is pretty good exp, I wonder how much exp you are actually getting based on your score?

Kalamari

Anyone doing a hard mode full run? 29 titan

Also, does Bungie know that Titans and Warlocks can jump over the entire jumping puzzle? Clearly they intended people to use the platforms.

E92 M3

It's unfortunate Bungie won't admit that the Atheon "fix" was just a reaction to the volume of players beating the raid, not a bug. In fact, what is the current hard percentage for the trophy on PSN. I am very curious.

I have o interest in an alt. just sounds too much like making the game a job to me.

I'm a 29 hunter.

Just happened to get an invective bounty but it wants me to do 5 strikes without death. I think il just try to do 24 strikes when vanguard resets with good teams so that I can be more efficient. Grinding the lol. 12 strike solo sounds extremely boring.

I completely understand you. But I honestly don't regret making my 2nd Hunter. And I'm not regretting making my 3rd. The story mode and leveling is tedious but once you are done with that you can farm raids, heroics and nightfalls 3 times during a week increasing your chance of something good dropping, which would increase your enjoyment for the game.

Qwell

Any normal raid full clear starting up? Lvl 27 hunter with lots of exp. Willing to lead a raid if there is enough interest. PS4 = Qwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom