• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Shingen-C is an incredible PVP gun. It's better than my Vanquisher VIII on my 28 Hunter. Not sure what the deal with that is. I can only guess Shingen-E is even better. Not sure where to get one from.

My alt is level 10 now, it is not that bad mixing PVE up with PVP. PVP is pretty good exp, I wonder how much exp you are actually getting based on your score?

You get +60 exp for every kill and assist that you get and then +1800 at the conclusion of the match

X-Frame

So after using the Universal Remote in PvP after the shotgun nerf I can confirm that it is still quite a "long range" shotgun when aiming down the sights.

The nerf hasn't done much to significantly affect it's damage at range, though I didn't get to use it much before the nerf so I don't have much to compare it with.

But if anyone has it, I wouldn't simply vault it. A Shotgun Primary + Sniper Secondary is quite a deadly combination.

Daemul

That percemtage includes people who cheesed Atheon though. I remember the week the cheese became mainstream the percentage was at 0.2%, then within a week it had a 500% increase to 1%. I'm willing to bet that the percentage that has actually beaten hard mode legit, beginning to end, is much closer to 0.2% than it is to 1.7%.

Arrrammis

Anyone doing a full Hard raid run? Lvl 28 warlock, Even with the damage reduction I can one-shot the goblins/hoblins (Thorn/ icebreaker/ Vision of Confluence). I have done the normal mode 5 times so I know the systems, just probably won't be able to do quite as much damage.

Greenymac

Any normal raid full clear starting up? Lvl 27 hunter with lots of exp. Willing to lead a raid if there is enough interest. PS4 = Qwell

Qwell I have you added but not available until About 7... I think I have a checkpoint at about the halfway point.

Daemul

Anyone doing a full Hard raid run? Lvl 28 warlock, Even with the damage reduction I can one-shot the goblins/hoblins (Thorn/ icebreaker/ Vision of Confluence). I have done the normal mode 5 times so I know the systems, just probably won't be able to do quite as much damage.

superman-dad-death-reaction-Kevin-Costner-1387241798Q.gif

Arrrammis

Also, does Bungie know that Titans and Warlocks can jump over the entire jumping puzzle? Clearly they intended people to use the platforms.

I think they do, but some people seem to think there is a 6th chest at the end of the puzzle. It would make sense that the chest only appears if all members of the party land on every platform without anyone dying.

Hunters can triple jump/bladedance across as well.

You're already dead.

E92 M3

That percemtage includes people who cheesed Atheon though. I remember the week the cheese became mainstream the percentage was at 0.2%, then within a week it had a 500% increase to 1%. I'm willing to bet that the percentage that has actually beaten hard mode legit, beginning to end, is much closer to 0.2% than it is to 1.7%.

Exactly what I meant, the cheese inflated the numbers heavily. Bungie got pissed and now we have random teleports.

Deku Tree

Yup all you had to do was grab the checkpoint and cheese Atheon to get the trophy.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Nah dude... get to 29 first.

Deku Tree

I think they do, but some people seem to think there is a 6th chest at the end of the puzzle. It would make sense that the chest only appears if all members of the party land on every platform without anyone dying.

Why haven't they found it yet? I'm sure plenty of dedicated groups can do that...

I'm still surprised that getting the trophy didn't require you to pass all checkpoints (even if not in order). Would have stopped a lot of this shit.

Arrrammis

:) thanks for the display of faith. My group and I (all others 29) were able to get to the Templar fight (after defending the confluxes), only wiping twice, before we decided to call it a night (then never got back together to finish). If you're organized it's actually not that difficult, even with slightly underleveled equipment.

Yaari

You get +60 exp for every kill and assist that you get and then +1800 at the conclusion of the match

Oh, wow. No wonder it added up so much. I had like 20 kills per match. Yeah, can't do quests like that.

Do I need to complete story mode to unlock stuff like Daily and Weekly's? Otherwise I might put that on hold for a bit. I might be able to make a good run towards 20 tomorrow at this rate.

Any normal raid full clear starting up? Lvl 27 hunter with lots of exp. Willing to lead a raid if there is enough interest. PS4 = Qwell

Ah man, if I didn't have plans already I'd definitely run with you again.

On a side note, I finished my 500 void kills part of the Thorn bounty. That plus decrypting Praxic robes...been a good day of Destiny.

Coming for you Xyor.

X-Frame

Got the Super Good Advice exotic bounty -- just in time before Xur leaves. Once I complete this, I'll have all the exotic guns from the bounties (including 2 Invective's since I did that one twice).

Arrrammis

Oh, wow. No wonder it added up so much. I had like 20 kills per match. Yeah, can't do quests like that.

Do I need to complete story mode to unlock stuff like Daily and Weekly's? Otherwise I might put that on hold for a bit. I might be able to make a good run towards 20 tomorrow at this rate.

You just need to complete the story missions to unlock the next planet. You can completely ignore any mission that doesn't have a wreath on it.

:) thanks for the display of faith. My group and I (all others 29) were able to get to the Templar fight (after defending the confluxes), only wiping twice, before we decided to call it a night (then never got back together to finish). If you're organized it's actually not that difficult, even with slightly underleveled equipment.

Yeah, my group of 29s (at the time) carried a 28 almost the whole way through the raid (he managed to get to 29 just before Atheon), but it's not recommended. You're just making everyone else do more work being underlevelled.

Yeah, my group of 29s (at the time) carried a 28 almost the whole way through the raid (he managed to get to 29 just before Atheon), but it's not recommended. You're just making everyone else do more work being underlevelled.

It's alright Bungie has you covered nobody will be foolish enough to carry a 28 through hard mode with random oracle teleports :)

Deku Tree

So do people think they will start to sell level 30 armor in the tower before the first DLC hits with a level 28 normal raid? And you can only get to level 32 with the gear from the second raid? What will happen to the light level of exotic armor?

Ok, I want all four armor/weapons from Xur but I can only afford three items.

Which gets left behind?
The Armamentarium - This might be it, I just wanted it for cheesing Atheon but that's about to be patched? Any other reason to have it?
Achlyophage Symbiote - I hear the 4th golden gun shot makes this the best Hunter armor, the 4 shots can kill a praetorian (and other yellows).
Light Beyond Nemesis - A Warlock self-revives if the party is wiped, so they probably want to revive others, so the fast revive helps. Then since they just used a super they'll be spitting orbs of light for others to use when they get revived. But my random armor was just a heart of praxic fire.
Truth - I don't have a Ghallahorn Yet.

So do people think they will start to sell level 30 armor in the tower before the first DLC hits with a level 28 normal raid? And you can only get to level 32 with the gear from the second raid? What will happen to the light level of exotic armor?

Nope, I'll expect them to expect you to run the vault of ass some more.

zewone

Do you have a Templar checkpoint still? Can you share it?

Yaari

Ok, I want all four armor/weapons from Xur but I can only afford three items.

Which gets left behind?
The Armamentarium - This might be it, I just wanted it for cheesing Atheon but that's about to be patched? Any other reason to have it?
Achlyophage Symbiote - I hear the 4th golden gun shot makes this the best Hunter armor, the 4 shots can kill a praetorian (and other yellows).
Light Beyond Nemesis - A Warlock self-revives if the party is wiped, so they probably want to revive others, so the fast revive helps. Then since they just used a super they'll be spitting orbs of light for others to use when they get revived. But my random armor was just a heart of praxic fire.
Truth - I don't have a Ghallahorn Yet.

I'd skip the Truth, that's just me. The Armamentarium, even though used for Atheon right now, is still one of the best armors in the game IMO.

I don't like buying an item like Truth that gets immediately replaced if Xur were to ever carry a Gjallahorn.

Haines

Banned
What's the reason 28 isn't good for 30 raid. I see a lot of posts saying so.

Does the 28 just not have enough damage output?

Deku Tree

What's the reason 28 isn't good for 30 raid. I see a lot of posts saying so.

Does the 28 just not have enough damage output?

The enemies on hard are 30. The damage reduction is huge so 28s are doing very little damage to 30 enemies, and you are taking a lot more damage too.

Daemul

Yup all you had to do was grab the checkpoint and cheese Atheon to get the trophy.

Nothing grinds my gears more, than going onto Destinylfg looking for players to do hard mode with, and finding level 29's and 30's who advertise themselves with, "Experienced. Have hard mode achievement", only to find out (and find out very early mind you) that their "experience" on hard mode begins and end's at cheesing Atheon.

cilonen

I need 510 rep points for Vanguard rank 2. I could wait for tomorrow's bounties or do patrols for two hours.

If you bring up your ghost little icons appear in the locations of the nearby patrol mission beacons. Look for the one which is a five pointed star - that's a 'kill a specific bad guy' mission and is worth 25 rep rather than the standard 10.

Namikaze1

If you bring up your ghost little icons appear in the locations of the nearby patrol mission beacons. Look for the one which is a five pointed star - that's a 'kill a specific bad guy' mission and is worth 25 rep rather than the standard 10.
Trust me I know this. I was complaining about Tiger Strikes earlier and brought the fact that a patrol mission hands out same amount of rep as a tiger strike. Trust me, I know this quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom