• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd skip the Truth, that's just me. The Armamentarium, even though used for Atheon right now, is still one of the best armors in the game IMO.

I don't like buying an item like Truth that gets immediately replaced if Xur were to ever carry a Gjallahorn.
I already have Light, Saint 14, and Alpha lupi for Titan. Truth is void and gjalla is solar so at least there's that. (I'm probably going to skip truth and get the three armors unless some convincing post comes by)

You mind explaining why you like the titan armor so much?

E92 M3

One pair of Raid boots away from 30. Time to create an alt

Welcome aboard!

--

You guys remember how Kamiya said that juggling enemies in Devil May Cry was a glitch? They ended up keeping it because it was fun - even though it wasn't intended. Now with Bungie, no one complained about the teleporting and if (big if) it is in fact a glitch they should left it alone and not be stubborn. It's our game now, and the overall community will determine if it lives or dies.

Oh ok makes sense. About to start a hard raid with a 28 so we might find out the hard way lol
2f0.gif

Jinjo

Oh ok makes sense. About to start a hard raid with a 28 so we might find out the hard way lol

Don't do it young blood.

The Gorgon section of the raid is interesting/tense the first time you do it, then never again.

They patched in a few stationary Gorgons it seems. Or is this a standard of hard mode? Either way, it added only two more jumps to get through it lol.

cilonen

Trust me I know this. I was complaining about Tiger Strikes earlier and brought the fact that a patrol mission hands out same amount of rep as a tiger strike. Trust me, I know this quite well.
Cool :) it sadly took me hours of patrol to figure that out....

mstevens

Wow...... I HATE farming spirit bloom. 3 passes through all the caves got my 5 god damn chests (thanks RNG) and I have to strain my eyes the whole time looking for that faded teal color.

What a waste of time.

Namikaze1

Y'all are too hard on him.

Haines, buddy, don't listen to them.

Trust me when I say this, you're gonna be just fine.

1000 glimmer says they won't make it past Templar before kicking the 28 out.

Deku Tree

Shit, the hard mode raid is hard. Can't even get past the templar.

It wouldn't be that hard if they didn't throw in the no-revives cheapness. No-revives just seems like a cheap and lazy way to make an encounter seem hard when in reality it's just a cheap and lazy way to artificially ramp up the difficulty.

E92 M3

Shit, the hard mode raid is hard. Can't even get past the templar.

Yes, it was very challenging the first time I did it. Playing with random groups made it more difficult.

It wouldn't be that hard if they didn't throw in the no-revives cheapness. No-revives just seems like a cheap and lazy way to make an encounter seem hard when in reality it's just cheap.

No-revives does it make it more tense and require perfect execution.

Ramirez

Nothing grinds my gears more, than going onto Destinylfg looking for players to do hard mode with, and finding level 29's and 30's who advertise themselves with, "Experienced. Have hard mode achievement", only to find out (and find out very early mind you) that their "experience" on hard mode begins and end's at cheesing Atheon.

That's 99% of the player base.

Added you both. Be ready to make a fireteam in about 20 minutes. My friend just shared his gloves by mistake and needs to fill a quarter circle of his Raid ones to hit 29 again.

Will be as quick as we can. Soz. :3

Sounds good. That'll give me some time to upgrade my weapons.

Daemul

It wouldn't be that hard if they didn't throw in the no-revives cheapness. No-revives just seems like a cheap and lazy way to make an encounter seem hard when in reality it's just a cheap and lazy way to artificially ramp up the difficulty.

Yep. They should have just tripled the revive counter or something. Having teammates down for 90 seconds would still be challenging.

jay23

Wow...... I HATE farming spirit bloom. 3 passes through all the caves got my 5 god damn chests (thanks RNG) and I have to strain my eyes the whole time looking for that faded teal color.

What a waste of time.

Spirit bloom is the worst, plus you have all those annoying enemies spawning instantly.

If you bring up your ghost little icons appear in the locations of the nearby patrol mission beacons. Look for the one which is a five pointed star - that's a 'kill a specific bad guy' mission and is worth 25 rep rather than the standard 10.

Had no idea. Thanks.

Edit: Sorry double post didn't think the first went through.

Namikaze1

I would take that over no revives.
I really don't understand why they never added the Praetorians in the first place. The phase before Athean has you keeping Praetorians away from columns while someone deals with the gatekeepers. I expected something similar to that during the fight.

E92 M3

I really don't understand why they never added the Praetorians in the first place. The phase before Athean has you keeping Praetorians away from columns while someone deals with the gatekeepers. I expected something similar to that during the fight.

They would overwhelm the three defenders quickly. It'd be a bit off balance.

Okay, Guardians (who happen to be Warlocks), Voidfang Vestments chest or Light Beyond Nemesis helmet? I got the VV from the mote of light random engram thing, so now i'm not sure if I should blow the strange coins on the LBN.

I know the VV favors Voidwalkers due to the perk. LBN looks like some of the perks on it look kind of interesting, and generating extra orbs seems to be terminally useful.

Deku Tree

If you bring up your ghost little icons appear in the locations of the nearby patrol mission beacons. Look for the one which is a five pointed star - that's a 'kill a specific bad guy' mission and is worth 25 rep rather than the standard 10.

Is there any web page that gives a translation of all the symbols into what kind of patrol mission it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom