• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, Guardians (who happen to be Warlocks), Voidfang Vestments chest or Light Beyond Nemesis helmet? I got the VV from the mote of light random engram thing, so now i'm not sure if I should blow the strange coins on the LBN.

I know the VV favors Voidwalkers due to the perk. LBN looks like some of the perks on it look kind of interesting, and generating extra orbs seems to be terminally useful.

Voidfang Vestments for PvP and Light Beyond Nemesis for PvE I'd say.

Warlock isn't my main though so maybe seasoned Warlocks will disagree.

Namikaze1

They would overwhelm the three defenders quickly. It'd be a bit off balance.
They have it a bit easy though. Bungie could just implement one Praetorian for each side like the phase before it and keep the portal from being open.

By the way, this is just for hard mode. Not for normal.

Snicky

Many thinks to Snicky for guiding me and four others through our first Raid.

It was four in the morning for some of them so we decided to cheese Atheon in the end.

On the plus side, I got the Warlock gauntlets and the bond, as well as Thunderlord and another shotgun.

Good times all around.

That was fun! Took us a while but it was great seeing everyone learn the fights and get it done despite how late it was and finished it off with the cheese.

Don't know whether to put my Mythoclast on my Titan or my Warlock. My Warlock specializes in fusion rifles, but she's already got Pocket Infinity and no other decent secondaries so far.

"When using its Timestream ability, Atheon will select 3 players at random, instead of choosing the three players furthest from it."

They've just thrown organization out the bloody window on Atheon. FFS they seem incapable of making anything but negative changes to this game.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
"When using its Timestream ability, Atheon will select 3 players at random, instead of choosing the three players furthest from it."

They've just thrown organization out the bloody window on Atheon. FFS they seem incapable of making anything but negative changes to this game.

The sky is fallingggggggggggggggggggg.

Namikaze1

Seems like Lukems bribed you to hypontize the community.
He paid me in glimmer. Lots and lots of glimmer. Even told me a way to get around the 25k limit.

But seriously, I think Bungie is just pissed people have been cheesing the raid. The way they are going about to making the raid "hard" is just wrong. If I was them, I would let the community still have their cheesing methods and all by making the raid legitimately hard. I'm not the only one who expected praetorians to show up during the Athean fight on hard, I'm sure. Actually make the raid hard by adding things instead of taking away legitimate strategies.

Anybody have an Atheon hard checkpoint. Beat the whole hard raid last night with some Gaf members but want my RL friends to get some of that good loot (mostly the helmet to go with their exotic gauntlets).

Zakalwe

Banned

This change is a bit rubbish, but some of the weapon and loot balances were great.

Qwell

Anybody have an Atheon hard checkpoint. Beat the whole hard raid last night with some Gaf members but want my RL friends to get some of that good loot (mostly the helmet to go with their exotic gauntlets).
Yah I have a hard checkpoint if I can tag along (hunter so I can't do it solo) PS4 = Qwell

MechDX

Is anyone willing to run the weekly on hard for the coins tonight? I would like to get the helmet for my warlock.

Xbox One tag is DX

blazeuk

They seriously need to start allowing trading between players, either that or allowing people to buy armour which reaches +30 light from vendors, it's ridiculous that it's all completely luck based when it forces you to wait a week to try again. It also doesn't exactly encourage people to try out different character types for their alts, I'm better off with 2-3 warlocks over having a Warlock/Titan/Hunter setup since it increases my chances of making a better main character.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I hate to say this, I really do too, but ask for an Athean checkpoint unless you want to go through it all of course. :)

I don't really have a problem doing the whole thing. But, I probably wouldn't pass on one since I don't need any more of the raid gear.

Wow...... I HATE farming spirit bloom. 3 passes through all the caves got my 5 god damn chests (thanks RNG) and I have to strain my eyes the whole time looking for that faded teal color.

What a waste of time.

I have a stash of spirit bloom which I've never had to use yet. Got around 200 :I

Never have enough relic iron or helium or spinmetal tho :/

blackflag

I have so much armor plating I don't need to dismantle any blues for my Titan. My warlock has enough for legendaries and whatnot.

I start off with missions that I can do in that particular area. Those would be the kill x amount of enemies and the kill certain enemies for a drop missions.
If the area has one that takes you to a different area, I save those for last. Once I do all the one I can do in a single area, I take those that have me travel to another area, complete that one and rinse and repeat the process.

Old Russia is a favorite place of mine to do this since I know the area quite well from all the time I spent going around in the alpha and beta.

Cool I'm gonna try this tonight. Thanks for the info.

E92 M3

He paid me in glimmer. Lots and lots of glimmer. Even told me a way to get around the 25k limit.

But seriously, I think Bungie is just pissed people have been cheesing the raid. The way they are going about to making the raid "hard" is just wrong. If I was them, I would let the community still have their cheesing methods and all by making the raid legitimately hard. I'm not the only one who expected praetorians to show up during the Athean fight on hard, I'm sure. Actually make the raid hard by adding things instead of taking away legitimate strategies.

I've said it before, but they will make Crota's End very hard and us with the Vex will be the guiding light.

I wonder when theyre going to fix the bug with damage dealt and received on strike bosses.

I am assuming it will be in the next big patch that's coming out.

BLU-82

is anyone running atheon hard cheese who wouldnt mind me leeching with my hunter alt? My main two classes have done their weekly raids =/

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I've said it before, but they will make Crota's End very hard and us with the Vex will be the guiding light.

I wish they would make the Vex one shot any mob in the game so all complaints would stop. The vex crybabies have been the most annoying part of destiny so far.

Arrrammis

Lvl. 29 warlock looking to do the full hard mode raid, probably start in about an hour. I would love to try and get the possible 6th chest, as I have not seen anyone try (I believe there is one after the jumping puzzle that you get by have all 6 members land on every platform and get across without anyone dying).

PSN: Arrrammis

EL CUCO

Lvl. 29 warlock looking to do the full hard mode raid, probably start in about an hour. I would love to try and get the possible 6th chest, as I have not seen anyone try (I believe there is one after the jumping puzzle that you get by have all 6 members land on every platform and get across without anyone dying).

PSN: Arrrammis

I didn't know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom