• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Encountered something strange: I was able to do today's daily story mission twice for rewards; I did both at Lvl 28 so I netted 4 AEs, a coin, a mote, and a few blues to decode.

I was online last night until early this morning when the daily reset took place and the story mission refreshed. I didn't log out and back in. Did the mission ("The Last Array"), played a bit more after that, then logged off and went to sleep. Woke up today and fired the game up and the Daily Heroic was still saying I could redeem awards for it, so I did it again.

Has this happened to any of you before? If you happen to be in a time zone where being online during the time it resets (I think 0200 PDT?) isn't a hassle, this could be a potential way to easily grind out a few more shards/energy.

Deku Tree

Lvl. 29 warlock looking to do the full hard mode raid, probably start in about an hour. I would love to try and get the possible 6th chest, as I have not seen anyone try (I believe there is one after the jumping puzzle that you get by have all 6 members land on every platform and get across without anyone dying).

PSN: Arrrammis

Is there a video of that?

Strider

I don't ever even think about using another weapon when in crucible. Last word all day every day. Head shot machine.

I have used the Last Word every single game since I got it. Only way I'd change is if I got a Hawkmoon then I'd split my time between the two of them.

Arrrammis

Is there a video of that?

As I said, nobody has recorded an attempt, but some people think there is one there since there is a broken portal at the end (exactly the same kind of broken portal that holds the 5th chest). It sounds quite reasonable to me that Bungie would want to give reward to anyone good enough to get through the maze perfectly.

As I said, nobody has recorded an attempt, but some people think there is one there since there is a broken portal at the end (exactly the same kind of broken portal that holds the 5th chest). It sounds quite reasonable to me that Bungie would want to give reward to anyone good enough to get through the maze perfectly.

Not discounting you since I haven't done the raid yet, but isn't the reward for doing it perfectly (i.e. nobody dying) the Flawless Raider trophy? Not to say there isn't an actual in-game reward though...

EL CUCO

Uhh.

Why do you need 30's? All 29's = doable.

Sure it is. But they're obviously frustrated and dying off by the 2 confluxes. Not everyone has the same skillset.

Level 30's put more DPS on bosses and help clear out adds better. Also can take a couple shots more than 29's. If you can handle the complete thing as 29, awesome. But every Fireteam is set up differently

joecanada

Do the vendor guns change perks at all? I've been looking at lord high fixer from crucible vendor but forgot what upgrades last one had. Do they change??

"It's about the group dynamic. It's not just about a casual dynamic. It's about an understanding of people committed to playing the roles in raids. And preparing. With raids, you don't just jump into them. You've got to prepare before you go in, and decide, what are you doing? What am I doing? Let's all talk about it in orbit. Okay, what role are you going to play? Well, I'm an x Titan, whatever type of Titan I am, and I'm going to be defensive and hold positions. And, have you played this before? Yeah, I found success when I did it this way."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-21-bungie-on-the-destiny-level-cap-raids-and-game-size

guess bungie changed their minds

i'll just link this post again

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134864377&postcount=5101

Shito

yeah, it's pretty easy this week.

It ain't too bad if you pick your spots. But it can be frustrating to take a hit, some enemies hit ridiculously hard.
Yeah, did it just fine for the weekly 26 when I was just 26, but there were a few moments of panic.
I know the spots, but I'm a bit afraid of the damage and defense mitigation... Will give it a try tomorrow, just to see. ^^

I really should work on my warlock alt, to have that joker super thing...

Yaari

Yeah, did it just fine for the weekly 26 when I was just 26, but there were a few moments of panic.
I know the spots, but I'm a bit afraid of the damage and defense mitigation... Will give it a try tomorrow, just to see. ^^

I really should work on my warlock alt, to have that joker super thing...

The best thing I did was getting level 28 through upgrading my Crucible gear when I realized Raid gear was out of reach. It was a great moment to get rid of those annoying penalties, considering I was going to run that Nightfall every week, it has been worth it.

If you did the previous Nightfalls then you will be fine doing this one.

Idk I got tons lately when I was 28But you could be getting more idk

My 28 Warlock and 29 Titan get a bunch, too. People just want you to help them raid. I'm in a bit of a sour mood lately, so I'm usually not interested, I'll try to raid with people I know and like, unless someone on GAF asks for my help or something.

cjp

FKLfl7l.jpg

/u/dinsdale1978 said:
May his random blessing favor you well. Or not.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2jn5y9/my_portrait_of_rngesus/

Arrrammis

Not discounting you since I haven't done the raid yet, but isn't the reward for doing it perfectly (i.e. nobody dying) the Flawless Raider trophy? Not to say there isn't an actual in-game reward though...

I'll explain the context since you haven't done the raid: The jumping maze is a series of platforms across a wide gap that appear and disappear quickly(up for roughly 4 seconds I believe). The original intent was for the teams to jump from platform to platform as they appear until you make it all the way across the gap. However, now you can simply jump across the gap (difficult for hunters especially, but most people have it down) by using either the first platform or an elevated area at the spawn point, which is pretty much what everyone has done. The flawless raider trophy is for completing the raid without any deaths, which means it is still possible to get if you jump the gap. I'm more interested in what motivation Bungie offers to anyone to take the time and go through the maze as they intended.

Got a legendary helmet for my Warlock to finally replace my Queen's Guard helm. It's still not entirely the look I'm going for, but I'm happy with it for now. Time to get this baby to 29.

That said, I wish there was a quicker way to share you inventory across characters. Having to travel to the Tower each time is a bit of a pain. First world problems, I guess, I just have too many exotics to equip. :lol

ZangBa

Anyone have an opinion on "The Devil You Know" hand cannon? Based on the skills, it seems like a pretty decent non-exotic hand cannon. Also, mine came from an engram so my skills might be different than vendor bought. It has a choice between explosive rounds, field scout and perfect balance which is pretty awesome.

Definity

Anyone have an opinion on "The Devil You Know" hand cannon? Based on the skills, it seems like a pretty decent non-exotic hand cannon.

I would like to hear opinions on this as well. Bought it yesterday but have not played around with it yet.

So, need to grab some strange coins to buy a helmet from Xur and my usual crew isn't around. Anyone mind running the lvl 26 (or whatever the middle one is) weekly real quick in a bit?

On PS4. ID is SirRugdumph. Level 25 Warlock. Will be on in 30ish or so probably.

Anyone have an opinion on "The Devil You Know" hand cannon? Based on the skills, it seems like a pretty decent non-exotic hand cannon.

I would like to hear opinions on this as well. Bought it yesterday but have not played around with it yet.

I've got two, with different perks. It's definitely one of the better hand cannons in the game. It's no The Last Word, but it's pretty much the best Legendary hand cannon out there.

Strider

Very good handcannon. Only weakness is the lack of range but solid at every thing else and has great stability. Right there with the Lord High Fixer for best legendary handcannon I've used.

MightyKAC

So, need to grab some strange coins to buy a helmet from Xur and my usual crew isn't around. Anyone mind running the lvl 26 (or whatever the middle one is) weekly real quick in a bit?

On PS4. ID is SirRugdumph. Level 25 Warlock. Will be on in 30ish or so probably.

I'm down.

Shoot me an invite when you get online.

My first Legendary and my main weapon. Dunno if the upgrade tree for it are random (I assume so), but mine has:

- Return to Sender (kills sometimes grant bonus ammo put back in the mag)
- Mulligan (chance to return a missed shot back to mag)

and then the multi upgrade for it:

- Field Scout (larger mag)
- Singly Point Sling (Move faster while aiming. Switch out faster)
- Explosive Rounds (Explodes on impact, portion of damage dealt AoE); I use this.

It's fantastic for how I play. Wouldn't mind trying out a Hawkmoon or Thorn once I get them, but TDYK is my favorite weapon so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom