• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZangBa

Thanks for the responses, I'll keep it around and upgrade it. The only hand cannon I've had for the longest time that I like is Hawkmoon.

someday

Banned
Anyone have an opinion on "The Devil You Know" hand cannon? Based on the skills, it seems like a pretty decent non-exotic hand cannon. Also, mine came from an engram so my skills might be different than vendor bought. It has a choice between explosive rounds, field scout and perfect balance which is pretty awesome.
I really like mine. It's about half leveled up but I don't have any other hand cannons to compare it to.

Greenymac

Looking for 2-3 raiders to start normal raid from platform area between 7:40 and 8 pm eastern. Looking for people with weapons to get the job done. Experience preferred but not a must. Must have a mic. Psn is same as GAF name. Need a good relic bearer...

EekTheKat

so I'm trying to play Destiny 6500 miles away from China connecting back to my home in the states. For the most part it still works.

First impression - auto rifles are hilariously unusable due to lag and recoil. Tap the trigger, it shoots 1/3rd of the clip. Had to use a scout rifle.

Feels like I'm drunk trying to fly a sparrow. can't make my way through simple hallways that was.

Input lag makes melee combat super disorienting.

Had to put on my best gear just to do the daily heroic, usually I have a few lower level pieces on that I'm trying to level up while doing daily stuff.

Best case - I can knock out dailies from this far away, but raiding/strikes would be impossible. Good way to keep up until I get home I suppose.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Looking for 2-3 raiders to start normal raid from platform area between 7:40 and 8 pm eastern. Looking for people with weapons to get the job done. Experience preferred but not a must. Must have a mic. Psn is same as GAF name. Need a good relic bearer...

Add me.

PSN ID: El_Bombastico

I'm down. PSN same as gaf

I just got my first exotic bounty and need your advice because I have no clue which one is the best :(

Pocket Infinity, Super Good Advice or Bad Juju?

I just got my first exotic bounty and need your advice because I have no clue which one is the best :(

The mag size upgrade for PI has been nerfed but it's still a solid fusion rifle. Can't speak to the other two though people seem to be pretty down on Bad Juju.

hydruxo

Anyone have an opinion on "The Devil You Know" hand cannon? Based on the skills, it seems like a pretty decent non-exotic hand cannon. Also, mine came from an engram so my skills might be different than vendor bought. It has a choice between explosive rounds, field scout and perfect balance which is pretty awesome.

One of my go-to weapons. Mine has zen moment & crowd control, then I use Send It instead of Field Scout to add some range to it. Basically it's a hand cannon that does just about anything and everything you need it to. It's really versatile, even with different perks on it.

ThisOne

Anybody know when the Gunsmith will be selling Rare Fusion Rifles? I heard it happens like once every three days or so...I've been checking regularly and I've never seen him sell Rare anything.

Greenymac

One of my go-to weapons. Mine has zen moment & crowd control, then I use Send It instead of Field Scout to add some range to it. Basically it's a hand cannon that does just about anything and everything you need it to. It's really versatile, even with different perks on it.

Agreed on this. Mine grants ammo to the mag from every kill. Its my go to gun as well. I dont reload very much!

Dave_6

dude

i just want a hawkmoon

or a last word

or a suros regime

/sigh

I did the weekly solo (on 26) a few mins ago and got a 2nd Hawkmoon from a Legendary engram. Discarded for ascendant energy which allowed to do the final upgrade on my The Devil You Know.

Steroyd

Why do I insta die when the suppression field happens when I hold the relic in the Templar fight? It's frustrating because I know I'm trying to break free.

I just wanted to say thanks to Madgame and all the others who I just finished the raid with. I won't lie, I was pretty lost throughout certain parts, but the experienced guys really helped out and now I think I understand it a little bit better.

Noob raid was awesome. Thank you MADGAME. Really helpful.
Hey, nice job man.

Haines

Banned
I just wanted to say thanks to Madgame and all the others who I just finished the raid with. I won't lie, I was pretty lost throughout certain parts, but the experienced guys really helped out and now I think I understand it a little bit better.

Hey, nice job man.

It's only overwhelming at first bc everyone else knows what's happening and you are trying to take everything in and keep up and such all at once.

Once you get a run under your belt it's kind of extremely easy as long as you have a good crew and play a well thought out game.

broony

Hey, nice job man.
You too. Now 5 hours sleep until my son gets up. Night!

mcfrank

5 hours later, vault of glass is finished (win randoms from destinylfg). Got ice breaker, a void heavy machine gun I don't need, and chatter white. Overall a really good experience, but man that tweak to the teleports on Tuesday is going to make it a lot harder to pug.

Arrrammis

Pocket Infinity or Bad Juju, never Super Good Advice (except to get the Grimoire card). I haven't gotten PI yet (waiting on rare fusion rifles >.>), but Bad Juju is really good once upgraded. It only has 15 shots (5 bursts), which isn't good, but the second upgrade automatically refills the clip, so against most mobs, you never have to reload if you focus on one enemy at a time.

Looking for a normal vault of glass raid on ps4, currently have a 29 titan, 29 hunter and a 28 titan. Anyone with experience would be aces, we're looking to get our feet wet.

PSN is Jeffolation

ocean

Banned
6 days and 4 hours of playtime across a Titan and a Warlock have netted me the following weapons:

Ahx8rG7.jpg

I've got Legendary Rocket Launchers for every elemental. Exotic Scout Rifle (MIDA), Shotgun (Invective), Rocket Launcher (Truth), Sniper (Ice Breaker). 3 Raid weapons: Auto Rifle (Atheon's Epilogue), Shotgun (Final Verdict) and Rocket Launcher (Hezen Vengeance).

Armor-wise I've got 3 pieces for my Titan (Inmost Light, No Backup Plans and Armamentarium) and 4 pieces for my Warlock (Light Beyond Nemesis, Sunbreakers, Heart of the Praxic Fire and Voidfang Vestments. No Raid armor on my Warlock, sadly, but my Titan has Helm and Boots. I've got the 2 Legendary Ships from the Raid, as well as the Sparrow.

Putting everything into perspective, I can't really say I've had bad luck. I know some of you guys have all of this and much, much more but I'm kind of proud of my haul so far.

Arrrammis

Why do I insta die when the suppression field happens when I hold the relic in the Templar fight? It's frustrating because I know I'm trying to break free.

If the field goes up while you're in the air, it's possible to fall through the bottom, which kills you instantly. Otherwise, I'm not sure. Probably just another of the long list of bugs that Bungie aren't going to fix until they're satisfied that everyone is playing the game exactly how Bungie envisioned it.

Alucrid

Banned

use r1 once forward, twice backwards, twice forwards, should break the shield and not get killd from going out

ocean

Banned
Saw some guy who was level 5 and a Sunsinger. How is this possible?

Once you unlock your secondary Subclass on one character, any new characters you create can chose their subclass immediately. My Warlock was also born a Sunsinger :) My Titan had already paved the way for him.

Dante316

6 days and 4 hours of playtime across a Titan and a Warlock have netted me the following weapons:

Ahx8rG7.jpg

I've got Legendary Rocket Launchers for every elemental. Exotic Scout Rifle (MIDA), Shotgun (Invective), Rocket Launcher (Truth), Sniper (Ice Breaker). 3 Raid weapons: Auto Rifle (Atheon's Epilogue), Shotgun (Final Verdict) and Rocket Launcher (Hezen Vengeance).

Armor-wise I've got 3 pieces for my Titan (Inmost Light, No Backup Plans and Armamentarium) and 4 pieces for my Warlock (Light Beyond Nemesis, Sunbreakers, Heart of the Praxic Fire and Voidfang Vestments. No Raid armor on my Warlock, sadly, but my Titan has Helm and Boots. I've got the 2 Legendary Ships from the Raid, as well as the Sparrow.

Putting everything into perspective, I can't really say I've had bad luck. I know some of you guys have all of this and much, much more but I'm kind of proud of my haul so far.

I think my luck has been good too. I have everything you have except for the titan stuff and the praxic fire and veil with just my warlock. And I have more exotic weapons now that I think about it...damm didnt realize I was this lucky.

milkham

Apparently so. Had no idea. Bungie certainly doesn't make that fact clear. At. All.

they dont make a lot of things clear but I believe there is text in the game that tells you this, I knew when i started my hunter after fully leveling my warlock that I could start as a blade dancer

Thorn bounty is such bullshit. If you can't cheese shotguns you are screwed as a Hunter. I will probably hate Crucible by the time I finish it if I do. And I don't suck. I was putting up good games and still losing progress or barely making any. How did Bungie think this was a good idea for a gun that is underwhelming?

Uhhh you can give your easily attained blue engrams from your main to your alt through storage?! I never thought about it. Level 15 rares oh yeah. I am sure everyone knows this but it made me happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom