• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ourobolus

Banned
Thorn bounty is such bullshit. If you can't cheese shotguns you are screwed as a Hunter. I will probably hate Crucible by the time I finish it if I do. And I don't suck. I was putting up good games and still losing progress or barely making any. How did Bungie think this was a good idea for a gun that is underwhelming?
This is exactly what I had to do. But I was pretty good at it. Didn't take very long, I got about 40 pts per game, on average.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
they dont make a lot of things clear but I believe there is text in the game that tells you this, I knew when i started my hunter after fully leveling my warlock that I could start as a blade dancer
I'm going toward my third level 28 character and I had no idea.

Rixxan

Thorn bounty is such bullshit. If you can't cheese shotguns you are screwed as a Hunter. I will probably hate Crucible by the time I finish it if I do. And I don't suck. I was putting up good games and still losing progress or barely making any. How did Bungie think this was a good idea for a gun that is underwhelming?

atheons epilogue would be legit for that bounty

MADGAME

Running a Hard Raid from the beggining, looking for 29's/30s. 3 spots available.

Will be running another raid tomorrow for those new to it or with little experience.

lupin23rd

A few pages back some people were talking about a new loot cave that may or may not suck. Where is it? I'm looking for some place where lots of people are shooting at something so I can chill out and get my alt levelled with background fire (and so far only have Earth and Moon unlocked with my alt) :)

Alucrid

Banned
Running a Hard Raid from the beggining, looking for 29's/30s. 3 spots available.

Will be running another raid tomorrow for those new to it or with little experience.

i'm down to do it, should be able to upgrade my titan to 29 as soon as i log on

A few pages back some people were talking about a new loot cave that may or may not suck. Where is it? I'm looking for some place where lots of people are shooting at something so I can chill out and get my alt levelled with background fire (and so far only have Earth and Moon unlocked with my alt) :)

On Mars in Valley of the Kings. There is a youtube vid of it. It's okay. Six blues in 45 minutes of so.

If anyone has a hard mode atheon checkpoint to share it would be greatly appreciated. PS4: j2theizzay

28423-Cheeserank-0203-Crack-v7.gif

Btw, posting pictures/gifs of cheese is pretty much all I'm going to be good for until the next raid comes out.

atheons epilogue would be legit for that bounty

I have that gun. It sucks. I can get a sure kill with Shadow Price or take a chance on dying with Epilogue. Epilogue usually loses because it takes to many hits to kill.

I'm depending on fusion rifle and heavy machine gun kills...

ocean

Banned
I have that gun. It sucks. I can get a sure kill with Shadow Price or take a chance on dying with Epilogue. Epilogue usually loses because it takes to many hits to kill.
:( I'm still gonna upgrade it so I can take down Minotaur/Praetorian shields and Oracles in the Raid but I was hoping Perfect Balance would make it PvP viable.

Those days are over.

Eric WK

I was super frustrated until I decided to just play rumble. Took around 10 matches.

Qwell

I never PVP, not a huge fan of it, but I used a void fusion and was somehow able to do it in 2 matches.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong

I don't think Atheons Epilogue sucks at all. It's one of maybe 2 primary weapons in the entire game with elemental damage, it's helped me in Nightfall countless times. Plus, with the stability upgrade it can actually rip. Basically a more stable Dr. NOPE with elemental damage, and Dr. Nope is a good gun.

Future

He paid me in glimmer. Lots and lots of glimmer. Even told me a way to get around the 25k limit.

But seriously, I think Bungie is just pissed people have been cheesing the raid. The way they are going about to making the raid "hard" is just wrong. If I was them, I would let the community still have their cheesing methods and all by making the raid legitimately hard. I'm not the only one who expected praetorians to show up during the Athean fight on hard, I'm sure. Actually make the raid hard by adding things instead of taking away legitimate strategies.

The Raid IS hard. At least on hard. Stopping the cheese is as easy as fixing the dumb push off ledge bullshit and stopping anyone and everyone from getting checkpoints unless they have made it through. Also make it so there are no trophies or major loot awarded unless all previous checkpoints have been completed

Just wait until you have to do the last part of the bounty killing Xyor or whatever his name is. Took me awhile until I found someone who was doing it

bargeparty

This will sound stupid but i feel like they made changes to the look sensitivity. I have been using 2 and ever since the patch aiming down the sights is not as slow and more "unwiedly" than i feel it was before. Really annoying.

I don't think Atheons Epilogue sucks at all. It's one of maybe 2 primary weapons in the entire game with elemental damage, it's helped me in Nightfall countless times. Plus, with the stability upgrade it can actually rip. Basically a more stable Dr. NOPE with elemental damage, and Dr. Nope is a good gun.

I'm talking PvP. Maybe I'm not used to guns with extremely low impact, but it is worse than Shadow Price, Grim Citizen, Shingen etc in Crucible. I just got Dr Nope from a drop and looks pretty bad.

E92 M3

I used a fusion rifle + LMG. Also, the gun will be getting nerfed.

I need one Vanguard mark to get the Weekly cap trophy. Easiest way? Do patrol missions give out Marks?

Do public events or strike missions. I like public events.

--

Anyone up for the no-death raid on X1?

It was pretty painful but I did it as a hunter. I bought a legendary shotgun with void damage (the comedian) and then made strong use of all the invisibility perks in crucible on control exclusively. People will always be rushing control points so just neutralize one and then wait for the right moment. Even if you trade kills that's still +5 and -2 for +3 towards the goal. It's definitely the most painful exotic bounty I've done so far but it is doable. It took me about 4 hours to do that part. The strike that comes after it is pretty tough too, make sure to get some good teammates.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
as a hunter who does suck a little and got that step done in 7 matches without firing a shotgun I'm slightly offended

then again I'm at the International food and wine festival right now and it's tough to be offended by anything

Mrgamer

Need 4 venerous gaffers help us finish raid in normal mode.
we are at atheon room in the portal faze we are both level 27.

Psn v1br4t1ons.

as a hunter who does suck a little and got that step done in 7 matches without firing a shotgun I'm slightly offended

then again I'm at the International food and wine festival right now and it's tough to be offended by anything

I have a feeling your standards for sucking are higher than mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom