• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navid

Speaking of Atheons Epilogue, I have to say I have been left a bit underwhelmed by it so far, especially considering it's a Raid reward. It just doesn't hit hard enough for my liking (especially after the critical hit damage being reduced) in comparison to other auto rifles. Would have easily taken 35 bullets in the magazine rather than 70 if it had a higher impact rating instead.

I'm still holding out hope that that I will come across a Shadow Price with the Field Scout perk at some point.

While I'm talking about Legendary Weapons, have over 150 marks to spend, any recommendations on what to buy from the Vanguard quartermaster, I'm currently considering Light/Beware or either of the two Heavy weapons he has..?

MightyKAC

Saw some guy who was level 5 and a Sunsinger. How is this possible?

If you level up another character past a certain point (I forget what that is) then the next character you level can choose the secondary class right off the bat.

Edit: LOL super beaten

JDizzv

Anyone with a low level character interested in doing some story missions? I have a level 11 Warlock I want to take through the story on XBL.

Have had the game since launch but due to work, life, school, etc. I've seriously had to neglect it. Been mostly a solo journey whenever I do have time thus far, would love to team up with a good fireteam.

GT: JDizzv

Add me if interested in joining up!

bargeparty

Speaking of Atheons Epilogue, I have to say I have been left a bit underwhelmed by it so far, especially considering it's a Raid reward. It just doesn't hit hard enough for my liking (especially after the critical hit damage being reduced) in comparison to other auto rifles. Would have easily taken 35 bullets in the magazine rather than 70 if it had a higher impact rating instead.

I'm still holding out hope that that I will come across a Shadow Price with the Field Scout perk at some point.

While I'm talking about Legendary Weapons, have over 150 marks to spend, any recommendations on what to buy from the Vanguard quartermaster, I'm currently considering Light/Beware or either of the two Heavy weapons he has..?

I feel the same way about the epilogue. Been using the shadow price. I think the vanguard have that or a pretty good scout rifle you could buy

Navid

I feel the same way about the epilogue. Been using the shadow price. I think the vanguard have that or a pretty good scout rifle you could buy
Already have the Vanguard version of Shadow Price, did have look at the Scout Rifle they sell (A.1F19X-Ryl)... hmmm, that might be worth it as a alternative to my auto rifle in certain situations. Decisions decisions!

This will sound stupid but i feel like they made changes to the look sensitivity. I have been using 2 and ever since the patch aiming down the sights is not as slow and more "unwiedly" than i feel it was before. Really annoying.
Can't say I have noticed any changes to the aim sensitivity, then again I have mine set at 5 so not a like for like situation... if there has been a small change it could be that it's more noticeable at the lower setting..?

E92 M3

You mean buffed? Bungie said that almost a month ago and haven't fixed it yet.

What? Thorn will be getting a buff in the future.

It was a slip...can't wait to see how they buff it. I imagine it will at least include a clip size increase.

--

I am starting to give up hope on finding boots - even with an alt. I have over 90 shards and so ready to get to 30, but this game. This game...

TTG

It was a slip...can't wait to see how they buff it. I imagine it will at least include a clip size increase.

That reminds me, the Thorn bounty has been sitting in my inventory for so long, might as well. What's the verdict on the special strike, can a level 29 solo it?

Namikaze1

1 hour. 1 hour was all it took to get 500 rep points from patrol. In that same time frame, I would be done with 2-3 Tiger Strikes that would net me 75 rep points altogether.

Ramirez

That reminds me, the Thorn bounty has been sitting in my inventory for so long, might as well. What's the verdict on the special strike, can a level 29 solo it?

Solo'd on my 29 hunter last night. Just gotta use the front door a lot.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
god damn i love the throwing knife!
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...enle&vid=bce239fc-68c9-4da4-9209-426ce958a9d4

yeah, i should have used the heavy to be safe, but in the heat of battle i wasnt sure how much i had left in the clip
so satisfying. can't wait to play more with gambler's dagger/knife juggler in there.
you COULD, but id just ask for help, other people are probably trying to get it done too. you need to camp out and kill knights in the shrieker room and it would be quite the slog solo

SnakeEyes

Banned
1 hour. 1 hour was all it took to get 500 rep points from patrol. In that same time frame, I would be done with 2-3 Tiger Strikes that would net me 75 rep points altogether.
You don't go into the Strike playlists farming for Rep, you go in for Marks and Engrams.

Namikaze1

Dammit, I meant 90 minutes. Spent 15 minutes doing jack shit.

As soon as I landed on old Russia, a public event started in steppes. From there, about two minutes later, another event took place in the Divide. It was a great and lucky run.

Qwell

Man even with the nerf to Vex Mythoclast I'm wrecking dudes in the Crucible. I think I might actually play some pvp some more.

All my exotics weapons are mains, and I feel like they're fucking worthless since they don't have elements to them. Just finished an exotic bounty and just wanted to bitch about this.

Arrrammis

Well, now I can't tell which hard mode raid groups are full and which are still open, so I'll just post here.

Lvl. 29 Warlock
PSN: Arrrammis

Deku Tree

Dammit, I meant 90 minutes. Spent 15 minutes doing jack shit.

As soon as I landed on old Russia, a public event started in steppes. From there, about two minutes later, another event took place in the Divide. It was a great and lucky run.

I spent 30 minutes in old russia this morning looking for public events and I got none. I followed the public event trackers and got to the locations early and waited an extra 10 min in each location and... Nada!

Deku Tree

Has anyone ever lost a weapon? I had a shotgun this afternoon, logged in and noticed it was gone. Sucks. It was purple so I never would have dismantled it.

Another poster claimed before that they lost one whole character. Check on Bungie.net or on the mobile app to see if the shotgun is still in your inventory there... Tweet bungiehelp maybe too.

arimanius

Grinded for 3 motes of light so I could try my luck on the exotic engram before spending my coins. I've gotten the skull of dire ahamakra every time I've done this. Got the armamentarium that I wanted. Thank you Rahool!

Fbh

Ok so I just have to ask.

Do you USA-GAF people also get ridiculous lag in PVP?

I mean, It's a ton of fun but the lag is really annoying.
I can melee a half dead enemy twice and they still have time to turn around and kill me with a shotgun blast before they actually die. I get a ton of of post mortem awards because half the time when I kill someone they still have like 5 seconds to do whatever they want before they actually die.

Also, on an unrelated topic.
Do the items given by enneagrams depend on your class?
90% of what I get are sniper rifles and hand cannons. The last time I got an auto rifle or a shotgun was when I was like LV 10 (I'm currently 21)

Patrols are so boring though :(. I can't last more than half hour.

Boring, yeah... but if you try to zero in on just the missions that are over quick (kill enemies or pick up items) and then hunt some public events via the PE tracker, you can at least potentially walk away with a shard or two. Also, If you do Cosmodrome and you see the assassinate mission icon in The Steppes or The Divide, it'll always be some asshat in The Breach; Mothyard assassination task will typically be a target in the Fallen v. Hive skirmish just before you get to Skywatch, watch... ignore scanning/surveying missions altogether.

The Divide is also a great place to farm chests/spinmetal. I find more there than I do in the Rocketyard, personally. Every once in a while I'll net a SC or AE from a chest as well.

Namikaze1

Patrols are so boring though :(. I can't last more than half hour.
It really is boring but I needed the rep to rank up and finally purchase a legendary for my warlock. The time I spent on it was worth it in the end.

I spent 30 minutes in old russia this morning looking for public events and I got none. I followed the public event trackers and got to the locations early and waited an extra 10 min in each location and... Nada!
had that happen to me several times. It sucks having to wait a few more minutes when another event could take place in a different area.

ElRenoRaven

Anyone on xbone want to do the nightfall and weekly? Would really like to get at least the weekly done before Xuir goes.

Sigh. I don't know why I even fucking bother.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Also, on an unrelated topic.
Do the items given by enneagrams depend on your class?
90% of what I get are sniper rifles and hand cannons. The last time I got an auto rifle or a shotgun was when I was like LV 10 (I'm currently 21)
Weapons from engrams are not class-specific, because weapons are not class-specific.

Namikaze1

Another poster claimed before that they lost one whole character. Check on Bungie.net or on the mobile app to see if the shotgun is still in your inventory there... Tweet bungiehelp maybe too.
That was me. Character didn't show up on my screen when I did a quick login to check on something. It showed up later when I restarted my PS4.

Some gaffers blamed my ferret for the character disappearing. It's a long story, alright.

I only go for the Skywatch/Warsat or Divide/Walker PEs in Cosmodrome. They tend to spawn with the greatest accuracy (within 2-3m of the tracker). The only caveat to Skywatch is sometimes the Warsat event will be replaced by the uber turf war between Fallen & Hive but that's always a ton of fun always nets me a few engrams anyway.

That was me. Character didn't show up on my screen when I did a quick login to check on something. It showed up later when I restarted my PS4.

Some gaffers blamed my ferret for the character disappearing. It's a long story, alright.

if you lose your titan, you'll hear it from todd

Any Raid groups right now?

I'm looking to join with my alt Lvl 26 Sunsinger.

I've played the Raid plenty of times with both my Titan and Hunter. I've even completed it on Hard, so I don't need to be carried. Fully upgraded guns too.

PSN: Subtervotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom