• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

Leveling up an alt to 20 sucks. When you play the game normal, feels like you get there quickly because you're not thinking about it.

Right now it feels like torture

Croc

Banned
This will sound stupid but i feel like they made changes to the look sensitivity. I have been using 2 and ever since the patch aiming down the sights is not as slow and more "unwiedly" than i feel it was before. Really annoying.

I actually noticed the same thing. I've been playing on 7 since about launch and had to lower it to 5 just yesterday.

gatti-man

Damn i just saw the new armor from crota raid dlc. Titan and warlock both look sick as hell. Rolling a 2nd titan and keeping my lock alt. Lost all interest in hunter.

Dante316

That was me. Character didn't show up on my screen when I did a quick login to check on something. It showed up later when I restarted my PS4.

Some gaffers blamed my ferret for the character disappearing. It's a long story, alright.

We all know it was the ferret, I cannot believe anything else.

Wow...... I HATE farming spirit bloom. 3 passes through all the caves got my 5 god damn chests (thanks RNG) and I have to strain my eyes the whole time looking for that faded teal color.

What a waste of time.

Just look around. Spirit bloom is everywhere on venus. You don't need chests

rNilla

Solo'd the Nightfall with my 27 Warlock alt. Got a Suros which I didn't have since I skipped buying it from Xur. Feels good.

Wow...... I HATE farming spirit bloom. 3 passes through all the caves got my 5 god damn chests (thanks RNG) and I have to strain my eyes the whole time looking for that faded teal color.

What a waste of time.

Ember Caves area before you head into the tunnels in the direction of the Strike area has always been great for me for both chests and SBs. Just hit the 5 caves in that area in a circle as you trash Fallen and there are a number of SB spawn points along that route as well.

Special C

Can Blues get me to Level 25 so I can start doing Nightfall with my buddies? I'm at 23 with blues right now. Still a few days away from vanguard rep 2 to buy a legendary.

Special C

Damn i just saw the new armor from crota raid dlc. Titan and warlock both look sick as hell. Rolling a 2nd titan and keeping my lock alt. Lost all interest in hunter.

Maybe I just don't know enough about the game, but is there a really any reason to have 2 of the same class when you can switch subclasses at will?

Holy shit, Baboon error 2 seconds after I finished the Nexus Strike without dying (I had a bounty for that)!!!

FFFFUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKK

well if you do it again and need to know a safe spot, i usually tuck myself away into this dent at the top of the moldy rock close by where you drop down from. as long as you sink in all the way the second he sees you, his shots will aim below and hit the hill. i also have my defender titan to bubble shield if i don't tuck away in time and his shots are giving me splash damage. But yeah, that same thing has happened to me, wasted 10 minutes.

so i'm feeling good about my character in the game now, made it to 28 this week and i've been doing the basic things to work on building up energy and shards. I think i'm gonna try to get to lvl 29 with the armor i got and worry about lvling raid armor when i get them. for now i think i might finally start working on some alts so they can get me even more energy and shards and things. just trade them off. not looking forward to the crawl to 20 again, but i don't know. i guess it has a chance to be kinda fun going back.

Can Blues get me to Level 25 so I can start doing Nightfall with my buddies? I'm at 23 with blues right now. Still a few days away from vanguard rep 2 to buy a legendary.

no, i think the best you can do with blues fully upgraded is 23.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Maybe I just don't know enough about the game, but is there a really any reason to have 2 of the same class when you can switch subclasses at will?
So you can do all the events twice and get double the loot. Raids, Nightfall Strike, weekly Heroic, Daily story etc.

Arrrammis

I believe 24 is the highest you can get with blues. If you have strange coins, buying an exotic armor piece from Xur is an easy way to get a light level (exotics give you more light than legendaries). Other than that, just keep doing what you're doing. Farm public events for marks and patrol missions for rep, and you'll get there in no time.

Even once you get to level 25, I wouldn't recommend doing the nightfall. You can do the lvl. 26 weekly fine, but the Nightfall is lvl.28, plus damage multipliers. You should probably at least 27 before you go into nightfall. But, if your friends are willing to carry you through, you'd probably get a ton of exp for your weapons and armor.

Haines

Banned

People making a job out of destiny bc the rolls are so random lol

I'd love to have one of each class but the way I see it tons of time to do that no rush

neoism

thanks for the good games guys, most wins I've had in awhile. Sorry for sucking soo bad..lol
topcmm-123flashchat-sweat-smiley.gif

SharkJAW

I'm of the belief that Hard mode raid isn't legitimately difficult. Mechanically, it is exactly the same (except for bullshit no revives), with the only change being the enemies are more bullet spongy. I'm not really surprised, though. Most devs take the easy way out in this manner.

E92 M3

Boring, yeah... but if you try to zero in on just the missions that are over quick (kill enemies or pick up items) and then hunt some public events via the PE tracker, you can at least potentially walk away with a shard or two. Also, If you do Cosmodrome and you see the assassinate mission icon in The Steppes or The Divide, it'll always be some asshat in The Breach; Mothyard assassination task will typically be a target in the Fallen v. Hive skirmish just before you get to Skywatch, watch... ignore scanning/surveying missions altogether.

The Divide is also a great place to farm chests/spinmetal. I find more there than I do in the Rocketyard, personally. Every once in a while I'll net a SC or AE from a chest as well.

I do all of that as well, it's just more of an end of the session type activity lol.

It really is boring but I needed the rep to rank up and finally purchase a legendary for my warlock. The time I spent on it was worth it in the end.

What did you buy?

bargeparty

It's really fun IMO.

Whats so bad about it other than the lag?

Lag
Class imbalance
Weapon imbalance
Crappy maps
Awful spawn system
Auto-aim constantly switches targets
People don't play the objective
Idiotic bounties (some of them)
Edit: Forgot about the horrible radar

Haines

Banned
I enjoyed crucible some when the game came out and even did iron banner to rank 2 but eeesh. That is really bad multiplayer. Too many god damn supers and skills and op weapons you never know what's going to destroy you with no chance of stopping it

But I'm spoiled by cs:go

I just hope they improve it with some patches

Navy Bean

Still looking for 2 for hard raid. We have a checkpoint at Atheon and may do that first. I'm a freshly minted level 30 Warlock.

Xone. dmh33.

I'm of the belief that Hard mode raid isn't legitimately difficult. Mechanically, it is exactly the same (except for bullshit no revives), with the only change being the enemies are more bullet spongy. I'm not really surprised, though. Most devs take the easy way out in this manner.

Hard is really lazy. People are just going to wipe and retry since almost everything in the raid becomes exponentially more difficult for each missing person.

Flambe

If anyone does a PS raid group at Gatekeepers lemme know >.< Hard to find a specific group for mid-raid lol, or you miss it like I did earlier =o

Navy Bean

I enjoyed crucible some when the game came out and even did iron banner to rank 2 but eeesh. That is really bad multiplayer. Too many god damn supers and skills and op weapons you never know what's going to destroy you with no chance of stopping it.

But I'm spoiled by cs:go

I just hope they improve it with some patches
That's how I feel too. Just isn't fun after a match or two. I would add that the maps are mostly underwhelming.

gatti-man

Its easy to get a high level toon to switch stuff between so i can run the raid twice for one class. I just need boots to be lvl 30. I thought about leveling all three classes but i just dont like hunter in pve much. Titan and warlock i like in pve and pvp both. Plus it just makes sense for me to have a character i can run the raid multiple times with. Often by weeks end im getting raid requests and dont have any more loot rolls left with the two characters i have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom