• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

So yeah.. I just spotted a silver chest that is in an impossible to reach location. You know the hive ultras that are underground right at the start of earth? In the main little room they walk into, there's a big pipe at the back. Through a tiny gap I spotted a glowing green thing behind the pipe. I took a closer look and.. it's a chest. No way to get behind the pipe, you can't get close enough to open it and there isn't any other way to it. What the hell?

Edit: I know every desperately wanted a mobile phone camera shot of this so I happily obliged in advance.

RE4M809.jpg

hard mode isn't really "hard". it just takes longer.

-enemies are larger in numbers, are more aggressive and throw more grenades
-oracles have more health
-more gorgons during the labyrinth
-waves last a bit longer
-some mechanics are reintroduced, such as detain fields during the atheon battle
-no revives during battle

it still plays similarly to normal, the main difference being you'll most likely be underleveled. Normal was about as "difficult" attempting it at 24 or 25. the challenge is finding what works for your team and executing it

I enjoyed crucible some when the game came out and even did iron banner to rank 2 but eeesh. That is really bad multiplayer. Too many god damn supers and skills and op weapons you never know what's going to destroy you with no chance of stopping it

But I'm spoiled by cs:go

I just hope they improve it with some patches

Yeah, playing smart doesn't really pay off a lot of the time. Like say you're at a corner and you know for a fact someone is about to round it so you throw your grenade. It almost kills them just like you thought. They pop out. You see them. You fire off a shot aaaand you get a rocket to the face. There, you just wasted your grenade on a kill trade in an encounter that was otherwise completely lopsided in your favour due to good positioning. That isn't the levelling the playing field. That's punishing playing smart or nullifying it at least. Way less heavy ammo would go a long way as well as less super. Light people up like a Christmas tree when they have one too. So much of the time you'll engage another person with very little info about what your up against and with a game where there are multiple sources of one hit kills that isn't good enough.

All that being said. I still find pvp pretty fun.

E92 M3

Still looking for 2 for hard raid. We have a checkpoint at Atheon and may do that first. I'm a freshly minted level 30 Warlock.

Xone. dmh33.

Would you guys want to do gatekeepers real quick? I keep getting stuck with such bad players :*(

So yeah.. I just spotted a silver chest that is in an impossible to reach location. You know the hive ultras that are underground right at the start of earth? In the main little room they walk into, there's a big pipe at the back. Through a tiny gap I spotted a glowing green thing behind the pipe. I took a closer look and.. it's a chest. No way to get behind the pipe, you can't get close enough to open it and there isn't any other way to it. What the hell?

Edit: I know every desperately wanted a mobile phone camera shot of this so I happily obliged in advance.

Just an artifact of production I guess lol.

very simple changes will go a long way to improving the multiplayer

-less special ammo spawns
-heavy ammo relocated to neutral, contestable locations
-relocating of control points on some maps (that need not be named)
-more respawn points in safer locations
-more noticeable super meter on opponents
-opt-in proximity chat
-map voting if possible, or less chance of replaying the same map if you back out of the lobby
-
higher weighting on burning shrine

th4tguy

I've found chests that are in an area you can get to but when you walk up to it, no open prompt is ever shown. I spent half an hour trying to get it to pop but it wouldn't

I feel conflicted, yet good at the same time now. Joined a Crucible match halfway through, ended up on the losing team with the least kills, and then got Plan C. Thanks RNG, totally makes up for how well I was doing earlier today I guess...

-opt-in proximity chat
-map voting if possible, or less chance of replaying the same map if you back out of the lobby
-

Add Clash can be played on all 'small' maps and Bastion and First Light removed. Clash games ultimately lead to engagements only occurring in really small regions anyway. Might as well use all the maps.

todd360

Found all the ghosts thanks to fig. She did all the hard work of looking them up and finding them. I just tagged along and provided conversation lol.

th4tguy

-opt-in proximity chat
-
-huh?
-Relocating heavy ammo spawn points would only work if the person you kill drops what is left of their heavy ammo instead of it just going away.
-yes
-yes
-I never thought of this, but that would be amazing. Just give characters who have supers charged a visible glow or something.
-yes
-Once there are more maps, sure. As of right now, I'd prefer not to play the same map over and over and over since there are only 4 maps to chose from in that mode.
-how about just putting burning shrine in other modes?

I'd like to more, better developed vehicles. The two that are in the game now aren't great. The speeder bike is fine but the heavy vehicle kind of sucks.

-huh?
-Relocating heavy ammo spawn points would only work if the person you kill drops what is left of their heavy ammo instead of it just going away.
-yes
-yes
-I never thought of this, but that would be amazing. Just give characters who have supers charged a visible glow or something.
-yes
-Once there are more maps, sure. As of right now, I'd prefer not to play the same map over and over and over since there are only 4 maps to chose from in that mode.
-how about just putting burning shrine in other modes?

less special ammo spawns means fewer crates placed around the map. some maps have too many placed very close to each other. for example, near A on Exodus Blue, there are 2 special ammo crates within jumping distance - 3 when heavy ammo spawns.

players already do drop heavy ammo when you kill them, unless they've used it already. that's beside the point though. relocating it to neutral locations creates a risk/reward and allows players to fight over it. it shouldn't be spawning in small rooms or behind doors because it limits the way a player can approach it.

burning shrine works best for 3v3 modes. bungie tested it with 6v6 but it's apparent it created spawning issues.

Add Clash can be played on all 'small' maps and Bastion and First Light removed. Clash games ultimately lead to engagements only occurring in really small regions anyway. Might as well use all the maps.

clash is already on all the maps it can support, unless you want 12 people running around on Anomaly.

X-Frame

I really hope that Xur brings The Last Word next weekend because I want everyone to be able to experience how much fun it is to use.

Mid-range Clint Eastwood gun battles are awesome!

My alt Warlock is itching for some Raid action tonight. Who wants to do a fresh Normal run with me on PS4? I'll be on by 11:30PM Pacific or earlier.

I really hope that Xur brings The Last Word next weekend because I want everyone to be able to experience how much fun it is to use.

Mid-range Clint Eastwood gun battles are awesome!

I can only hope!

QP3

Ok, I am having fun.

Only a level 10 warlock, but just started last night.

Should I break down my weapons and armor that I do not use? Or save them? I am early enough that I assumed it wouldnt be a big deal if I break everything down for extra glitter.

Dahbomb

Nothing in the game is "legitimately" difficult, it's all about numbers.

Increase enemy numbers, increase their HP and damage, give them absurd damage bonuses (melee one shots you) and your game is now difficult.

A zone in the game you had trouble with a week ago is probably piss easy now. Only somewhat hard part is the content designed for multiple people so obviously that stuff will be harder (but again it would be due to numbers).

I was told this but need verification, trying to upgrade my Raid boots fast with bounties. Will equipping maxed leveled (but not fully upgraded) weapons and other gear slots siphon all the xp into the boots? So the rest of my equipment has their bars maxed green, with only the boots needing xp.

My alt Warlock is itching for some Raid action tonight. Who wants to do a fresh Normal run with me on PS4? I'll be on by 11:30PM Pacific or earlier.

I'd be down, PSN: Beast-Legacy

gdt

Did Patrol on the Moon for like an hour farming Helium and Vanguard reps. Chests just pop up everywhere here, just gotta keep your eyes peeled. Must've opened like 30 no joke. Ended up racking up like 70 Helium Filaments in like an hour or so.

milkham

need 3 more to run my friend through normal vault of glass for the first time, and then we're going to hard atheon checkpoint after to cheese if we can do it. psn is milkham and we're in the tower now

Fuck, if ever there was a time to have an auction house of trade system. So I bought Achlyophage Symbiote from Xur. First Exotic yay. About 10 minutes later I leveled up Rahool, earning me a legendary engram. Guess what I pull? Achlyophage Symbiote. I didn't know whether to be happy or sad.

Should I just dismantle it?

clash is already on all the maps it can support, unless you want 12 people running around on Anomaly.

Exactly! That shit would be crazy

It'd exasperate the spawn situation though. That'd need fixing first.

Fuck, if ever there was a time to have an auction house of trade system. So I bought Achlyophage Symbiote from Xur. First Exotic yay. About 10 minutes later I leveled up Rahool, earning me a legendary engram. Guess what I pull? Achlyophage Symbiote. I didn't know whether to be happy or sad.

Nothing else to do, sadly. Keep the one with the higher discipline.

Takuan

Looking to do the final bounty for Thorn, anyone else need it or just wants to kill some time lending a hand?

Psn: Steakjuice if interested.

might as well, at least get some shards for your trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom