• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Future

Lag
Class imbalance
Weapon imbalance
Crappy maps
Awful spawn system
Auto-aim constantly switches targets
People don't play the objective
Idiotic bounties (some of them)
Edit: Forgot about the horrible radar

Radar is actually pretty fantastic to me. Tells you danger is looming, but can't pinpoint it exactly. Perfect

Not sure about the class imbalance either. When people aren't complaining about blade dancing they are complaining about homing nova bombs, Titan slam panic buttons and more. Every class had their method to kill fast

Haha. First time I saw Zoba's name, I was like, "Who would name their profile after that horrible map?"

>.> i chose the name after seeing this

i2mMdRrWQR1aF.gif

and reading this:

"The Twilight Gap is a location in the City Perimeter on Earth as well as a Crucible map.

Little more is known about the nature or characteristics of the Twilight Gap at this time, except that it contains "war-torn fortresses." In news coverage of the Reveal Press Conference, multiple sources stated that it was described as something visible from the Overwatch District. The Twilight Gap was also described as "apparently [representing] a big chunk of mankind’s history in the game."

According to Bungie, humanity first encountered the Cabal at the fortresses of the Twilight Gap."

that was before the beta

586bee1616ea9c156db0903696a16dc3.png

a day before it was shown

and then IGN's tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXs_IuDERtk

thanks bungie

Not sure about the class imbalance either. When people aren't complaining about blade dancing they are complaining about homing nova bombs, Titan slam panic buttons and more. Every class had their method to kill fast

No one has really complained about fist of havoc/nova bomb since blade dancers came into prominence. Both of those are one and done. You don't really have to deal with either. As far as supers that induce states it's easily the best. Sunsingers can be dropped very easily. Golden Gun gets no damage reduction and using it at the wrong time can get it stopped mid animation. Even in full swing if they go into the wrong situation they'll get popped taking out someone while another person is already firing at them. Titan Bubble is lol, just walk away. Blade Dancer can fuck up 3+ people who are fully aware of their presence. Sure you can kill them but lag can fuck you up. I don't know how many times I've said, "Come at me bro, I've got a shotgun right in your face" They derp straight towards me, I pull the trigger and I'm dead plus they just regenerated health from killing me.

Blade Dancer should be about sneaking up to enemies while invisible, wreaking their shit then running away, not how the function now.

todd360

i2mMdRrWQR1aF.gif

and reading this:

"The Twilight Gap is a location in the City Perimeter on Earth as well as a Crucible map.

Little more is known about the nature or characteristics of the Twilight Gap at this time, except that it contains "war-torn fortresses." In news coverage of the Reveal Press Conference, multiple sources stated that it was described as something visible from the Overwatch District. The Twilight Gap was also described as "apparently [representing] a big chunk of mankind’s history in the game."

According to Bungie, humanity first encountered the Cabal at the fortresses of the Twilight Gap."

that was before the beta

thanks bungie

So that's why your name is twilight.

Annnd, my fourth exotic bounty offer, and the fourth time it has been the exact same three bounties on offer. Awesome stuff Bungie!

PS - I did turn in three bounties at once (I did not turn them in rapidly, quite slowly actually) for those entertaining the idea that turning in multiple bounties at one gives you exotic bounties more often.

So that's why your name is twilight.

i expected the map to be a sorta post apocalyptic location with overgrown terrain and "war torn fortresses" like that gif above. even with what we got i would have been happy if it made more use of its mountainous terrain.

no, instead here's a bunch of crates and hallways.

Future

No one has really complained about fist of havoc/nova bomb since blade dancers came into prominence. Both of those are one and done. You don't really have to deal with either. As far as supers that induce states it's easily the best. Sunsingers can be dropped very easily. Golden Gun gets now damage reduction and using it at the wrong time can get it stopped mid animation. Even in full swing if they go into the wrong situation they'll get popped taking out someone while another person is already firing at them. Titan Bubble is lol, just walk away. Blade Dancer can fuck up 3+ people who are fully aware of their presence. Sure you can kill them but lag can fuck you up. I don't know how many times I've said, "Come at me bro, I've got a shotgun right in your face" They derp straight towards me, I pull the trigger and I'm dead plus they just regenerated health from killing me.

Blade Dancer should be about sneaking up to enemies while invisible, wreaking their shit then running away, not how the function now.

Blade dancers can use a Nerf sure. Too much armor and they should need to be crafty to go on prolonged killing streaks.

But when I really think about it, it's not like I am falling victim to a blade dancer every match. Probably because due to shotgun slide tactics I tend to keep distance from every threat. It's the long range almost unavoidable shit that does me in

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So my Raid woes continue
Got my Hunter up to Gatekeepers, everything I got was Ascendant Shards
Took my Titan up to Gatekeepers, everything was Ascendant Shards
Beat Normal Raid on Warlock and Atheon Hard... EVERYTHING WAS FUCKING SHARDS!

This is unfucking-believable
I can not have this such bad fucking luck, I mean COME THE FUCK ON!

Not 1 piece of gear or even a weapon/class item

Ken

So my Raid woes continue

Once again, welcome to the club.

i2mMdRrWQR1aF.gif

and reading this:

that was before the beta

thanks bungie

Well it looks beautiful there.

Looks like you got shafted.

th4tguy

i2mMdRrWQR1aF.gif

and reading this:

that was before the beta

thanks bungie

What is that image of? Is that an early design of twilight gap or something datamind from the dlc?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Once again, welcome to the club.

Ken you know how ridiculous I get when it come to grinding, you know how I was in FFXIV
Even Coil wasn't this bad to me, I had to wait, but I got something in the end

LOOK AT THIS SHIT!:
(I have nothing to upgrade cause, I can't get anything to drop for me!)
DapflWT.jpg

Chitown B

I spent 30 minutes in old russia this morning looking for public events and I got none. I followed the public event trackers and got to the locations early and waited an extra 10 min in each location and... Nada!

yup, sometimes they just don't show up. it's bullshit.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Me and Rahool celebrated our 50th level tonight and all he got me was 3 pitiful blues.
50? Shit, how? I'm at lvl 18. I did get a bunch of legendaries from him though.
So my Raid woes continue

Yeah, I tried the raid with my warlock and got 1 legendary weapon and a bunch of shards. I'm glad my hunter reached lvl 30.

TTG

I don't know if fusion rifles or the kind of matchmaking I was seeing in Rumble are broken or both. Went in with a random fusion rifle(a type of weapon I don't use at all) and LMG to get the Thorn bounty done, got the most 10 kill streaks I've had in any one play session. I think the type of maps/encounters Rumble presents make fusion rifles the dominant weapon, it's not quite close enough quarters for a shotgun and that one hit kill ability is sometimes insurmountable if the opposition doesn't know how to react to the sound of a fusion rifle charging.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I finally had some luck and this dropped in Crucible. anyone use this enough to give impressions?
It was my first exotic and I maxed it out. I think it's a decent gun, not top tier, but you definitely need to upgrade it to see some results. If you have some other primary legendary or exotic, use that instead.

I just got my alt Titan to 22. I was gonna go Defender all the time but I play mostly Crucible and I also play super aggressively so the Bubble just doesn't do much for me unless I'm playing PvE. It's so much different coming from Warlock to Titan Striker. I feel sluggish with the Titan but also not like a slight breeze will kill me like with my Warlock.

Also, when I get my Titan appropriately leveled that means I get two cracks at Nightfall rewards right? Once with my Warlock and my Titan?

Biff

So the Crucible Handler aka Lord Shaxx... Do his items restock every so often? Because all the buffs he has on his legendaries are pulse rifles or hand cannons.

For example I need some gloves with auto rifle reload. How often does he refresh?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom