• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthbob

good for you. my cryptarch is level 46 and he's given me blues for nearly 20 levels now.

Bungie stealth nerfed the drop rate for Legendaries after the Cryptarch patch. :-/

This was the first Legendary engram that I've received from leveling up ANY faction rep for a long while.

CREMSteve

Just had a ridiculous run in the Vault on Normal.

I got Aetheon's Epilogue (Legendary AR), Hard Light (Exotic AR), legendary class item (holographic, super cool), legendary raid boots, Hezen Vengeance (legendary rocket launcher), 2 energies and the chatterwhite shader.

:O

Daggoth

Is anyone interested in the weekly heroic or nightfall? Level 27 titan, PS4 is gaf username + ss on the end.

I could really use them after last night. Not only did I die to the "kill the target" public event in the Rocketyard,
HE NUKED MY FUCKING HARD DRIVE.
Not touching him again!

LiK

Bungie stealth nerfed the drop rate for Legendaries after the Cryptarch patch. :-/

This was the first Legendary engram that I've received from leveling up ANY faction rep for a long while.

really? i've been getting one per level up with him. i dismantle all the armor and keep the purple guns unless i get an extra.

Lima

So the Crucible Handler aka Lord Shaxx... Do his items restock every so often? Because all the buffs he has on his legendaries are pulse rifles or hand cannons.

For example I need some gloves with auto rifle reload. How often does he refresh?

Thanks!

alfred-nevah.gif

Some random on the tower just invited me to help him with the Nightfall. Eh I didn't have anything better to do so why not help a kind soul out.

This also gave me a chance to take my 300 attack The Truth to it's first field trip. That shit cray

Lima

really? i've been getting one per level up with him. i dismantle all the armor and keep the purple guns unless i get an extra.

Dude yes. My cryptarch is at 93 at the past 20 levels I've only gotten blues from that motherfucker.

Rtas

Whats the quickest way (aside from bounties) to get rep for vanguard. I'm about 500 rep off being able to buy legendary armor from the vendor and I'd really like to be able to do it tonight

Lima

Whats the quickest way (aside from bounties) to get rep for vanguard. I'm about 500 rep off being able to buy legendary armor from the vendor and I'd really like to be able to do it tonight

Have you done the nightfall or weekly strike already? Nightfall gives 500 rep and if you do the weekly after that with the buff you get 499 for the weekly.

Rtas

Have you done the nightfall or weekly strike already? Nightfall gives 500 rep and if you do the weekly after that with the buff you get 499 for the weekly.

Havent done the nightfall yet, I'm level 25 I can get in, just not sure if I could manage it. If anyone on here is on XB1 and would be willing to give me a hand I'd sure appreciate it

Ken

You have to play super defensive when you are trying to get the kill spread.
Just camp as hard as you can.

Eh, I don't play defensive at all and got it in two games. Just play control or something and run around shooting people better than they can shoot at you.

Lima

Havent done the nightfall yet, I'm level 25 I can get in, just not sure if I could manage it. If anyone on here is on XB1 and would be willing to give me a hand I'd sure appreciate it

I'm on XB1. You on right now? I'll carry you through.

FalconPunch67

Neo Member

I think patrols are the fastest if you don't have any bounties left to do. Boring but it works for me.

Flambe

If I have Gatekeeper checkpoint, can I join a raid group that's earlier on or fresh or w/e or would it give them checkpoint even if I'm not leader?

Lima

If I have Gatekeeper checkpoint, can I join a raid group that's earlier on or fresh or w/e or would it give them checkpoint even if I'm not leader?

No it will only give them that checkpoint if you are the fireteam leader. It will overwrite your old checkpoint though if you join a fresh group.

Special C

Finally had a blue Engram give me a Legendary....and it's a freaking shotgun. Probably the last spot I would have wanted for my first legendary.

Oh well, I suppose one should never complain about getting a legendary from a blue engram.

gatti-man

I just got my alt Titan to 22. I was gonna go Defender all the time but I play mostly Crucible and I also play super aggressively so the Bubble just doesn't do much for me unless I'm playing PvE. It's so much different coming from Warlock to Titan Striker. I feel sluggish with the Titan but also not like a slight breeze will kill me like with my Warlock.

Also, when I get my Titan appropriately leveled that means I get two cracks at Nightfall rewards right? Once with my Warlock and my Titan?

Shoulder smash. Unlock it love it. Im better with my warlock but nothing is as satisfying as striker titan in pvp imo.

darthbob

It's just a guess, but prior to the Cryptarch patch I fairly consistently got 1-2 Legendary engrams per level up. Now it's usually 2-3 blues per level up.

hydruxo

>.> i chose the name after seeing this

i2mMdRrWQR1aF.gif

and reading this:

"The Twilight Gap is a location in the City Perimeter on Earth as well as a Crucible map.

Little more is known about the nature or characteristics of the Twilight Gap at this time, except that it contains "war-torn fortresses." In news coverage of the Reveal Press Conference, multiple sources stated that it was described as something visible from the Overwatch District. The Twilight Gap was also described as "apparently [representing] a big chunk of mankind’s history in the game."

According to Bungie, humanity first encountered the Cabal at the fortresses of the Twilight Gap."

that was before the beta

586bee1616ea9c156db0903696a16dc3.png

a day before it was shown

and then IGN's tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXs_IuDERtk

thanks bungie

Haha damn. That actually looks cool. Twilight Gap is such a mess, it's literally just a random conglomeration of crates and hallways to nowhere.

LiK

Shoulder smash. Unlock it love it. Im better with my warlock but nothing is as satisfying as striker titan in pvp imo.

yep, playing as Defender blows. maybe for Control but i'd rather smash and charge for kills. more fun than being in a Bubble.

Geneijin

Anyone on PS4 have or trying to get a normal raid going in the next 30 minutes? 27 Gunslinger looking for a group.

PSN: Kopyasu

Still unsure whether I should grab the exotic helmet from Xur, even if I'm indifferent towards it, to further boost my level; or save it for next week in hopes of a must buy item. Unless Truth is a must buy already.

Feel too afraid of wasting my hard earned strange coins.

milkham

Anyone on PS4 have or trying to get a normal raid going in the next 30 minutes? 27 Gunslinger looking for a group.

PSN: Kopyasu

we have raid in progress and lost a person if you want to join
psn:milkham we unfortunately have opened the chests already

ThisOne

Still unsure whether I should grab the exotic helmet from Xur, even if I'm indifferent towards it, to further boost my level; or save it for next week in hopes of a must buy item. Unless Truth is a must buy already.

Feel too afraid of wasting my hard earned strange coins.

I was in the same situation and I went ahead and bought the helmet. It was a huge upgrade since I had a Rare helmet before. Not the most exciting exotic but it boosted my defense a lot.

ZangBa

Is it possible to get a checkpoint if you cleared the raid once already?

Edit: NVM. It works in case anyone is wondering themselves.

Rtas

Much thanks to Lima for a very quick handholding through the nightfall where I ended up with the Apotheosis Veil drop. Awesome guy and impecacbly good at not letting me die :)

Rtas

I was in the same situation and I went ahead and bought the helmet. It was a huge upgrade since I had a Rare helmet before. Not the most exciting exotic but it boosted my defense a lot.

I've got it and its almost fully upgraded now. Its amazing for strikes your reviving of other players time is cut in half and the fact you regen health with orbs is great for staying alive after a super

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom