• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh lord this grind to Vanguard 2 is taking forever for me hahaha. I thought I could knock it out today by clearing bounties and just repeating strikes but it's barely moved a third.

FalconPunch67

Neo Member
Thank you based Rahool

10470775_10152858944595087_2296593926918081314_o.jpg

T'was from a Legendary Engram that I got from the postmaster after getting to Cryptarch Level 41.

Wow! Congrats!

Zocano

So I've found both a legendary Scout Rifle and Pulse Rifle now (I'll buy The Devil You Know after this next reset).

Scout's Aries Nemesis and Pulse is The Conduit.

Is it me or are pulse rifles not good? The Conduit's impact is garbage but I'm wondering if that's a thing for pulse rifles.

Aries is purdy good though. Each shot does good damage and crit hits are ridiculously good.

bargeparty

Radar is actually pretty fantastic to me. Tells you danger is looming, but can't pinpoint it exactly. Perfect

Not sure about the class imbalance either. When people aren't complaining about blade dancing they are complaining about homing nova bombs, Titan slam panic buttons and more. Every class had their method to kill fast

Radar is garbage, sorry. Proximity is a joke as it's almost never accurate. You have virtually no idea of how close or far away they are. I've been engaging people directly in front of me (per the radar) only to be killed from behind, or the side. Just how much distance did that person cover in like 5 seconds (because they weren't even on the radar). Why does it go away when we go into iron sights? Who the fuck knows that's why.

Class imbalances comes down to supers... mostly. Though hunters get the shaft on just about everything (supers, melee, grenades).

Blade dancer is a joke. You have to time it almost perfectly because you while you have a shield you can be easily dropped by a shotgun, titan slam, nova bomb or another hunter's golden gun. With golden gun you have 3 fucking shots and no additional armor, plus that like 3+ second activation (which we can be killed during) is unnecessary.

Also, just while I'm thinking about it, they need to add some more shit poppin up right in the middle of my screen when I'm trying to aim and shoot people. I can't see what's going on half the time thanks to that and the giant gun models.

Rtas

Radar is garbage, sorry. Proximity is a joke as it's almost never accurate. You have virtually no idea of how close or far away they are. I've been engaging people directly in front of me (per the radar) only to be killed from behind, or the side. Just how much distance did that person cover in like 5 seconds (because they weren't even on the radar). Why does it go away when we go into iron sights? Who the fuck knows that's why.

Class imbalances comes down to supers... mostly. Though hunters get the shaft on just about everything (supers, melee, grenades).

Blade dancer is a joke. You have to time it almost perfectly because you while you have a shield you can be easily dropped by a shotgun, titan slam, nova bomb or another hunter's golden gun. With golden gun you have 3 fucking shots and no additional armor, plus that like 3+ second activation (which we can be killed during) is unnecessary.

Also, just while I'm thinking about it, they need to add some more shit poppin up right in the middle of my screen when I'm trying to aim and shoot people. I can't see what's going on half the time thanks to that and the giant gun models.

Are you kidding? Bladedancer is incredibly overpowered, particularly on something like control where if you're even half decent with the super you can easily have a triple/quadruple kill with little effort

Geneijin

So I've found both a legendary Scout Rifle and Pulse Rifle now (I'll buy The Devil You Know after this next reset).

Scout's Aries Nemesis and Pulse is The Conduit.

Is it me or are pulse rifles not good? The Conduit's impact is garbage but I'm wondering if that's a thing for pulse rifles.

Aries is purdy good though. Each shot does good damage and crit hits are ridiculously good.
I wouldn't mind The Conduit's low impact, but that magazine size... I'm better off with the Bad Seed Down from Vanguard. About to dismantle it unless someone can convince me otherwise :lol

Rtas

Any super can get an easy multi in control.

Thats true but even in something like skirmish when people tend to work in a team bladedancer is unbelieveably OP.

On the topic of crucible, my god matchmaking is broken, put into skirmish with 1 guy against a full team of 30s with the last word.

Ah yes, I love watching those Ward of Dawn multikill montages. /s

Don't know why but this really tickled me

ibraLsUgDxAaU4.gif

Hunters do get pretty screwed over in PVE though. Our grenades and supers are terrible for PVE. Though it is useful for oracles, that will be almost put to an end next week due to no more roles for Atheon.

Hunters do get pretty screwed over in PVE though. Our grenades and supers are terrible for PVE. Though it is useful for oracles, that will be almost put to an end next week due to no more roles for Atheon.

To be (slightly) fair, a Bladedancer is great for taking out the Gatelords. Invis BD is also great for stealth revives.

bargeparty

Good point.

I do fine in the raid on normal, hard is ok. In normal I can take out all 3 hobgoblins on brown side with golden gun before they know whats happening and at least take out most of the praetorians hp on green side. Hard mode is different because the golden gun doesnt do a lot of dmg(at 29 at least).

TTG

Woo, that Thorn strike is no joke. I ended up recruiting help, all that splash damage is such a pain. Bubble shield is great for that mission. Now I have Bad Juju and Thorn both, eagerly awaiting the update, I suppose.

TTG

So do Voidwalkers. That magic missile isn't taking anything major out in one shot and we don't get a health boost at all. Sunbros have to be the best for pve, resurrection in itself is huge.

So do Voidwalkers. That magic missile isn't taking anything major out in one shot and we don't get a health boost at all. Sunbros have to be the best for pve, resurrection in itself is huge.

Resurrection is so powerful it overshadows everything in PVE except for Weapons of light buff.

With the Atheon changes, it'll make Hunters less useful in portals. At least we still got Gatekeepers.

squidyj

are you fucking kidding me? i've had 4 exotic bounties so far, ALL of them from the same pool of weapons, thorn/juju/invective

joecanada

Are you kidding? Bladedancer is incredibly overpowered, particularly on something like control where if you're even half decent with the super you can easily have a triple/quadruple kill with little effort

It's about right I'd say... Not op or up... I say this as a sunsinger in PvP.
Bladedancer is very good in tight I've seen them chew through 5-6 opponents regularly but I have also punched them to death and sniped them and lived... I generally am not afraid of them but still lose 80 percent of close encounters

are you fucking kidding me? i've had 4 exotic bounties so far, ALL of them from the same pool of weapons, thorn/juju/invective

I'm on 7 or 8 bounties with the same pool on my main. I want it to switch :(

It took so many tries today to get through the gatelords part of the normal raid with at or below level characters that I finally just had 3 people switch over to main characters and then run it twice. We still were stuck on atheon for so long that we had to take a break to calm down. We had 2 new people that weren't communicating very effectively :( Ended up taking a total of 6 or 7 hours. We normally run the raid in 40-50 minutes.

Anyone have any advice for hard mode, we have a good group but we get overrun by minotaurs a few minutes after the two confluxes spawn in.

Does anyone know if it's worth getting an emblem from the speaker? My friend has one and is convinced the emblems has hidden bluffs. He always seems to get amazing drops, while RNG gives me noting expect warlock gear :(

Anybody make a looney toons gif with hunter season, warlock season, and titan season. I feel like people try to hunt me down just a little extra when the hunter bounty is up

Man, if a Titan opponent puts up a shield, I run up and put up my shield next to his. Then we have a dance off and his teammates think they can take me and enter my shield, but I just punch them to death and continue dancing. The opponent's shield goes away so he tries to kill me and fails. I once got a 5 kill streak doing this.

LiK

Man, if a Titan opponent puts up a shield, I run up and put up my shield next to his. Then we have a dance off and his teammates think they can take me and enter my shield, but I just punch them to death and continue dancing. The opponent's shield goes away so he tries to kill me and fails. I once got a 5 kill streak doing this.

i wanna see this when i play with you. lol

Vault of Glass would be better if it gave you guaranteed weapons and armor once a week and shards/energies for any subsequent attempts in the same week :/

also anyone doing a normal raid? Already done it, but if anyone needs help lemme know. ID in profile.

Why?? Even if it sucks. It's an exotic. Gotta catch em all.

Well, pvp part done. Easier than i thought.

i think i got a decent setup right now with my weapons, each slot had a legendary and an exotic so depending on the situation i can change them up. as for the primary, i don't see me ever using thorn over the two i have already. so might as well get it and break it down into rainy day energy instead of hording it.

i mean shit, got to catch em all, sure. but if i could have broken down the pokemon i didn't want in order to get evolution-inducing held items i would have done it then too.

Should I buy Truth? I have 35 strange coins. Hmmm.

i got mine through RNG, but it's been pretty good, the missile aggressively seeking the target can be helpful with some moving enemies and it has a super fast reload (for a rocket launcher). oh and also, void damage so it's good in the raid. the only rocket launcher i'd trade it for when the option becomes available is Gjallarhorn. i really want that.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Does anyone know if it's worth getting an emblem from the speaker? My friend has one and is convinced the emblems has hidden bluffs. He always seems to get amazing drops, while RNG gives me noting expect warlock gear :(
No hidden buffs whatsoever. The speaker only sells (albeit pretty) cosmetic items. They have zero effect on the game.

RNG gonna RNG. It can suck sometimes.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Anyone own a Suros Regime and have a Legendary Rifle they think is better?

I do. It's the Vanquish from New Monarchy. Excellent stability and range, lightning fast reload, 42 shot clip and the ability to carry more ammo for the Rifle.

I really like my Suros Regime, don't get me wrong, I'm just really annoyed at the slow firing in zoom and moderate ammo cache :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom