• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeuk

Soloing nightfall using some crappy rare fusion rifle so I can get 200 kills on this exotic bounty is a slow task, went through it once and I'm only half way there...

My Warlock is now Level 19 and I've just realized I need to almost completely level up the Sunsinger subclass before I can self-resurrect.

I'm gonna need a LOT of XP from now on

I for one can't stand the radar, but I do think it's better than the one in halo at least. I'd prefer no radar at all or the traditional one you find in other shooters;the one where you don't pop up until you fire a shot. A constant radar just takes all of the fun out of tracking players and makes flanking alot harder, and kind of inhibits map movement for me, but at least it's a bit vague in destiny making it alot harder to employ cheese tactics.

Pvp? Yeah, no. It is a mess for reasons touched upon by many players here who are experienced and well versed in multiplayer games. "Get gud" in of itself plays only a small role in someone's success in crucible.

of which I'm a part of. i've been posting about its issues for months. some of those posts don't even end up here because i've also been slapped with the "git gud" response.

I for one can't stand the radar, but I do think it's better than the one in halo at least. I'd prefer no radar at all or the traditional one you find in other shooters;the one where you don't pop up until you fire a shot. A constant radar just takes all of the fun out of tracking players and makes flanking alot harder, and kind of inhibits map movement for me, but at least it's a bit vague in destiny making it alot harder to employ cheese tactics.

I don't think that'd work in a game with so many instant kill abilities, especially fusion rifles.

colinp

Banned
Soloing nightfall using some crappy rare fusion rifle so I can get 200 kills on this exotic bounty is a slow task, went through it once and I'm only half way there...

Hot tip: you don't need to go into the regular nightfall area. Instead, book it back to the steppes once you enter the nightfall and make your way through mothyards and through that building on the way to the old loot cave. You'll run in to level 28 enemies inside that building (as well as that building that takes you to the Steppes), and it's just those that you need to kill for the bounty.

TTG

Does the Wizard's crazy 97 impact actually make a difference? Can it knock people off with 2 out of 3 in a burst? Need to purchase something with these marks, but my low impact blue already one bursts players and I have Pocket Infinity(which I'm unsure about now that the magazine went bye bye).

NastyBook

ibyIW3m0GYu6Ir.jpg

i9tTO7CVT8TPu.jpg

Two Legendary Engrams, two legendary Scout Rifles. Hunter has former, Titan has the latter.

And as for my Warlock?
iNKEo9Y0kDZhZ.jpg

He's planning strategies (while looking boss as fuck) with Ikora Rey.

Got a legendary engram, strange coin, 9 helium filaments, and some other junk out of a chest today.

RNG is something else alright.

Those chests come every now and then.
Had three or four so far.
Its always 8-12 of the ressource + 2 or 3 blue engrams or a legendary and maybe some more stuff like strange coins(motes of light?) or green gear.

My normal Raid haul with my alt Warlock tonight:

Vision of Confluence
Corrective Measure
Truth
Chatterwhite
Lots of ass energy and shards

Played a few matches of Crucible with a stock VoC - it wrecks. Can't wait to fully upgrade it.

Ambitious

which part are you stuck on? the boss itself or the conflux/oracles?

The boss itself.

Imagine all the energy and shards you could have gotten!

I would in fact appreciate a bunch of energy. Got several weapons with fully unlocked upgrades and enough materials, but I've got just three energy pieces.

I had to sleep! Also, I don't think I'm levelled up enough yet. 😢

Me too. It got way too late. And the monotonous Oracle part didn't exactly stimulate me.

So I got The Last Word after winning a Clash match earlier today. I FUCKING LOVE THIS GUN. The kickback when I fire a shot, the firing animation itself, the animation when you pull the weapon out....*sploosh*

It almost reminds me of the days of using the Rex in Battlefield Bad Company 2. That gun was pure sex

So I got The Last Word after winning a Clash match earlier today. I FUCKING LOVE THIS GUN. The kickback when I fire a shot, the firing animation itself, the animation when you pull the weapon out....*sploosh*

It almost reminds me of the days of using the Rex in Battlefield Bad Company 2. That gun was pure sex

It's fucking lethal in PVP.

I got it for the THIRD TIME today

The boss itself.

what worked for my group was to keep 5 players at the spawning platform in a position to see 5 of the 7 oracles. the relic guy would then stay on the bottom and take care of the 2 oracles at the front while bashing harpies to get his super up. relic then shoots templar shield down and everyone else hits him from up top.

relic guy was slenderbeans i believe. totally owns that shit.

if you want to do it "normally", one strategy is to place players near the left and right conflux spawns. again, focus on killing the oracles so you don't need to rely on the relic to cleanse. your relic guy needs to kill adds and oracles and needs other players to drop orbs to get the super charged up.

both work fine if you beat it before enrage timer.

what worked for my group was to keep 5 players at the spawning platform in a position to see 5 of the 7 oracles. the relic guy would then stay on the bottom and take care of the 2 oracles at the front while bashing harpies to get his super up. relic then shoots templar shield down and everyone else hits him from up top.

relic guy was slenderbeans i believe. totally owns that shit.

if you want to do it "normally", one strategy is to place players near the left and right conflux spawns. again, focus on killing the oracles. your relic guy needs to kill adds and oracles and needs other players to drop orbs to get the super charged up.

:D

I freaking love using the relic.

Mrgamer

Normal raid last night to get some shards instead got hawkmoon :DDDD and raid boots with intellect,its annoying since i already have them but they have strength instead.
Didn't get past the portals area in atheons room, about 5 times we both had the relic and the game glitched and we weren't able to get trough the portals(tryed not running as well).

Tekku

Datto delivers his most controversial video yet: http://youtu.be/GKi30mhzglw

I think Bungie set themselves up for something rather difficult balance wise when they made Hunters so different from the other classes. They are bound to be picked on, even though people love them greatly overall.

wowlace

The only thing that pisses me off about hunters is the blade dancer super. The invincibility is bullshit plus they don't even aim that shit. You see guys just spamming it knifing around in circles taking out anyone in proximity.

rdrr gnr

Datto delivers his most controversial video yet: http://youtu.be/GKi30mhzglw

I think Bungie set themselves up for something rather difficult balance wise when they made Hunters so different from the other classes. They are bound to be picked on, even though people love them greatly overall.
Not really controversial. Just dislikes from Hunters who aren't capable of being impartial about their own class. If you PvP as a Hunter and it isn't blatantly clear to you that you are the best class you are probably not good at the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom