• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blech! This Vault of Glass (First time).
I was with a full team and, after twenty or so minutes, we got the door open.
After a couple of tries, we were able to defend the confluxes.

But... the f'n oracles kicked our asses too many times. We had the positions set and we were practically close, but then we often miss one that was out of our sight and our plan fell apart. I had to stop here.
Luckily, the checkpoint is still there for now.

Not really controversial. Just dislikes from Hunters who aren't capable of being impartial about their own class. If you PvP as a Hunter and it isn't blatantly clear to you that you are the best class you are probably not good at the game.
The best thing is Hunters complaining about the Titan Striker super. Yes, it is a save one shot kill, but almost all supers give you at least one save kill, to get like three kills with the Titan super requires skill and spatial awareness. The blade dancer just clears a big room no matter what.
Edit: not complaining though, I'm fine with the class balancing in pvp as it is.

Datto delivers his most controversial video yet: http://youtu.be/GKi30mhzglw

I think Bungie set themselves up for something rather difficult balance wise when they made Hunters so different from the other classes. They are bound to be picked on, even though people love them greatly overall.

don't mind the suggested changes, although they'd probably require something larger than a weekly patch.

other classes need work too though. video makes it seem like hunter is overpowered, therefore everything else is fine.

don't mind the suggested changes, although they'd probably require something larger than a weekly patch.

other classes need work too though. video makes it seem like hunter is overpowered, therefore everything else is fine.

I agree. titans... they clear out a room with their supers and can take a beating.

Ambitious

what worked for my group was to keep 5 players at the spawning platform in a position to see 5 of the 7 oracles. the relic guy would then stay on the bottom and take care of the 2 oracles at the front while bashing harpies to get his super up. relic then shoots templar shield down and everyone else hits him from up top.

relic guy was slenderbeans i believe. totally owns that shit.

if you want to do it "normally", one strategy is to place players near the left and right conflux spawns. again, focus on killing the oracles so you don't need to rely on the relic to cleanse. your relic guy needs to kill adds and oracles and needs other players to drop orbs to get the super charged up.

both work fine if you beat it before enrage timer.

That's actually what we were doing. We had bad luck, I guess.

Shito

can't remember the last time i saw a legendary engram drop
My girlfriend got one yesterday. The first we both saw since the patch.
And I also got a purple from a rahool package yesterday.
Turned into a titan exotic.
I'm a hunter.
Working on a warlock alt.

Deku Tree

Oh yeah. I think i've seen two, maybe three legendary engrams since the patch. All my Cryptarch packages only contain blues now.

Those packages are NOT legendary anymore, Bungie.

I got a legendary from the cryptsrch once. It ended up being my third void comedian. I don't even play shotguns...

Daemul

Does the Wizard's crazy 97 impact actually make a difference? Can it knock people off with 2 out of 3 in a burst? Need to purchase something with these marks, but my low impact blue already one bursts players and I have Pocket Infinity(which I'm unsure about now that the magazine went bye bye).

A fully maxed out Wizard two shots Minotaurs in the Raid. Thanks to this baby, during the Gatekeeper section, I can defend the central conflux by myself whilst the rest of the team defends the sync plate and watches out for oracles spawning on top of the gates. The Wizard is glorious.

GobFather

A fully maxed out Wizard two shots Minotaurs in the Raid. Thanks to this baby, during the Gatekeeper section, I can defend the central conflux by myself whilst the rest of the team defends the sync plate and watches out for oracles spawning on top of the gates. The Wizard is glorious.

a wiz shooting the pocket infinity? confused :(

I can defend the central conflux by myself with my fully upgraded LIGHT/Beware. I'm pretty sure any fully upgraded fusion rifle could do it.

Daemul

Dear Lord, the Destiny Reddit community has gone crazy over the upcoming Atheon fight changes, we even have people accusing others of entitlement now. Calm down guys, the changes aren't that bad.

I just stand in front of the left pillar now. I can kill the Minotaurs quick enough and it stops me getting shot from behind. :p.

BgMeHyC.gif

comments of that hunter video have me fantasizing about the potential changes the supers could see. good arguments for nerfs/balances, as well as for leaving it the way it is. personally would rather see an overhaul to the system but i don't think everyone will be satisfied until the next game or new subclasses. also bears repeating that people want their class buffed and the one they don't play nerfed.

i'll just take my own advice and stay away from class arguments, especially seeing the holes in my own. wasn't long ago i wanted throwing knife to be a OHK but that'd be a disaster lol

:lol I'm sorry. You can protect me from Hobgoblins anytime. <3

breadcrumbs.gif

Edit: Also you've been one of the relic holders the last few times. I had to make adjustments, Twilight. You weren't there.

corner.jpg

i can change!

Deku Tree

I just stand in front of the left pillar now. I can kill the Minotaurs quick enough and it stops me getting shot from behind. :p

My LIGHT/Beware is also void.

I have one of those that is void and fully upgraded. Yup it is a total wrecking tool in the vault of glass. It takes out oracles pretty good too.

cuube

Neo Member
hi, i got an exotic bounty for Thorn, and need some help with the special level 26 strike on the moon. We have to kill all the small enemies and let Phogoth live. Then, another enemy will appear and we have to kill it before Phogoth.

Any good hearted guardians here today, willing to help?

I am on ps4 and my psn id is leet-cuube and I am in orbit right now. 27 hunter.

Marvel

could never
I hope I'm not mistaken... it's what those who have gotten legs from varying different sections told me, lol.

QP3

Keep in mind:

Your level, enemy level:
One level lower than the enemy: You do 70% damage, they do 100+% damage to you
Two levels lower than the enemy: You do 60% damage, they do 100++% damage to you
Three levels lower than the enemy: You do 50% damage, they do 100+++% damage to you
Four levels lower than the enemy: You do 0% damage, they probably one shot you

So always try to do missions your level or lower, or it will feel very hard and broken and will take a long time to complete. If all missions are above your level, work on bounties. Crucible (PvP) is a sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooow way to level up.

Thanks for the advice!

I think it was the third (?) mission on the moon and I started to feel under leveled, so I dabbled in paroling and fulfilling some bounties for the first time. Not only was it fun but I got a lot relatively stronger and am now cruising again.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Dear Lord, the Destiny Reddit community has gone crazy over the upcoming Atheon fight changes, we even have people accusing others of entitlement now. Calm down guys, the changes aren't that bad.

Uhhh I wish I could say it was better here...

Deku Tree

Blame all the cheesers. Bungie said get lost losers!!!

DJ88

When I have the weapon my rage shall dissipate into the martian wind and the almighty rocket Deer will sleep.

Im right there with ya man. Your gif captures how I feel every time I see someone post they got The Last Word perfectly. Three times?!?! Wtf Destiny? I just want one, just one little last word!

Overdoziz

Banned
I can defend the central conflux by myself with my fully upgraded LIGHT/Beware. I'm pretty sure any fully upgraded fusion rifle could do it.
I'm not a huge fan of Light/Beware. Its good against normal minotaurs but I feel like it doesn't do that much damage against the major rank ones beyond the shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom