• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsukumo

I don't understand how xp works in this game.
Is the xp you gain shared between class and weapons and armor? or is it divided between everything evenly? I've read hakwian tips in the OP but I need something more detailed about levelling up.
Specifically: if I have a legendary to upgrade should I just put it on by the end of a mission or when cashing a bounty, or does the xp you acquire killing enemies get added on each kill and it's better to grind the whole mission with an unupgraded weapon/piece of armor?

Wow, the RNG finally did something nice for me. Was saving up to buy Shadow Price from the vanguard dealer. On the strike that finally got me the 150th vanguard mark to purchase it, I get a legendary drop, which decrypts to....Shadow Price! And an even better one than the one in the store. So instead of just a legendary Auto Rifle I got a legendary Auto Rifle and Legendary Scout rifle out of the deal! Sweet!

Tekku

I remain convinced that handcannons are the best weapons in the game. I'm at a point where my aiming is so fast and consistent that I can pick off snipers on the larger maps. Of course there's a bit of luck involved, as they sometimes miss that one opportunity for an instant kill (same goes for rocket users). :)

Aagb.png

benjammin

Going to solo the Nightfall weekly strike in a few minutes on PS4, I'm trying for the first time with my level 26 Titan, trying to level up my Vanguard to level 2 to buy legendary gauntlets. If anybody wants to help me, please feel free to join me, be there like in 20 minutes..

PSN = Shokleeto

I'll hop on and help out, I just hit 27 last night. Psn is benjammin172

HigXx

Going to solo the Nightfall weekly strike in a few minutes on PS4, I'm trying for the first time with my level 26 Titan, trying to level up my Vanguard to level 2 to buy legendary gauntlets. If anybody wants to help me, please feel free to join me, be there like in 20 minutes..

PSN = Shokleeto

Added you man, HigXx

So is there a way to glitch into every DLC area already in the game?

yup. futaba can probably post some links later on. i've been in these ones:

king's watch, earth: a bit complicated at first but once you know how to get in it takes less than a minute. it's my favorite of these areas since there are enemies to fight
jovian complex, earth: easiest one to get into but not much to see.
the terminus, venus: a bit difficult since it's a skill jump, but once you're up there it's quite the view. has the most dead ghosts of the dlc areas and no kill barriers, so you can explore to your heart's content.
Hypogeum, black garden: easy if you're a bladedancer or if you take your sparrow through the mission. fairly big area to run around in.
seraphim vault, earth: a little tricky to get into and requires another person to help at the end. it's a very cool looking area though.
dusk warrens/traitor's ketch, the moon: extremely tedious to get into, but the spectacle of it once you connect the dots is mind blowing to say the least. i'll spoiler that part separately.
there's a giant fallen ketch like the one during public events and scourge of winter that's "invisible" on top of a plateau on anchor of light. when the dlc launches, we'll be able to get on it with a teleporter on the moon's surface. it might also "uncloak".

It is if you're holding it down expecting it to work while someone is in your face. Like I said, might as well use a higher impact scout. Vision of Confluence is kind close to the low end.

Higher impact = slower rate of fire.

I have the A.14928-RYL (or something like that) Scout Rifle which has huge impact but slow ROF and its a joke in any kind of close range. Just a bit too slow.

PSN = Shokleeto

I'll try to help but my mic is busted. :)

Jito

Banned
yup. futaba can probably post some links later on. i've been in these ones:

king's watch, earth: a bit complicated at first but once you know how to get in it takes less than a minute. it's my favorite of these areas there are enemies.
jovian complex, earth: easiest one to get into but not much to see.
the terminus, venus: a bit difficult since it's a skill jump, but once you're up there it's quite the view. has the most dead ghosts of the dlc areas and no kill barriers, so you can explore to your heart's content.
Hypogeum, black garden: easy if you're a bladedancer or if you take your sparrow through the mission. fairly big area to run around in.
seraphim vault, earth: a little tricky to get into and requires another person to help at the end. it's a very cool looking area though.
dusk warrens/traitor's ketch, the moon: extremely tedious to get into, but the spectacle of it once you connect the dots is mind blowing to say the least. i'll spoiler that part separately.
there's a giant fallen ketch like the one during public events and scourge of winter that's "invisible" on top of a plateau on anchor of light. when the dlc launches, we'll be able to get on it with a teleporter on the moon's surface. it might also "uncloak".

Wow that's insane, who do they think they're fooling saying it's not cut content already on the disc. The areas are all clearly in game and fully textured working environments, just needs some enemy spawns and a few lines of dialogue from Dinklebot and it's good for release.

rdrr gnr

Wow that's insane, who do they think they're fooling saying it's not cut content already on the disc. The areas are all clearly in game and fully textured working environments, just needs some enemy spawns and a few lines of dialogue from Dinklebot and it's good for release.
You could glitch into some of those areas in the beta, as well.
Possible for a lvl 29 to solo xyor?
Yes.

Fbh

I'm close the reaching Rank 2 on the crucible and I have a decent amount of marks.

Is there any must have crucible armor (I'm a hunter) or shoul I wait for Rank 3 and save up some marks to get weapons?

E92 M3

I hope you do too! Its so much fun to fire and twirl around, haha. It's strong but difficult to use very well since it shines firing from the hip and landing each shot as a headshot, especially when going up against fusion rifles and auto rifles. When Xur does sell it I don't think it'll be something everyone automatically beasts with, like the Suros for example, but I am looking forward to the cowboy gun duels. :)

I doubt he'll sell it anytime soon, but if he does it'll be the first weapon I buy from him.

Nodnol

So five of us have made it Atheon.

After banging our heads against a wall trying to kill him, we thought we'd try and cheese him.

Is it still possible? We were struggling to do it, though none of us have done it before.

Namikaze1

Every goddam legendary engram I handed in after patch has given me ass shards. Every fucking one. I needed a legendary gauntlet, not ass shards dammit!

Most of the locations are basically complete. I do wonder where the hive raid is going to take place though.

if you want to visualize what i mentioned above, here are a few images. DLC spoilers of course:

http://i.imgur.com/FPLwkhV.png
http://i.imgur.com/LAxqHXz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FshrwNC.jpg

After banging our heads against a wall trying to kill him, we thought we'd try and cheese him.

Is it still possible? We were struggling to do it, though none of us have done it before.
Its not as easy as you think. Especially on hard.

Nodnol

Its not as easy as you think. Especially on hard.

We are on normal lol.

Problem is; there are only five of us. Currently there's only four, and later tonight there'll only be three. One guy is working, the other is going away till Tuesday.

We were not going to cheese it, but with time running out we thought "sod it", just to try and get it done together before everyone had to go.

I've watched the videos, I got him stuck in what I thought was the right spot, and yet he didn't step off. Wasn't sure if they'd fixed it yet.

Deku Tree

We are on normal lol.

Problem is; there are only five of us. Currently there's only four, and later tonight there'll only be three. One guy is working, the other is going away till Tuesday.

We were not going to cheese it, but with time running out we thought "sod it", just to try and get it done together before everyone had to go.

I've watched the videos, I got him stuck in what I thought was the right spot, and yet he didn't step off. Wasn't sure if they'd fixed it yet.

It's easier to beat him straight up on normal than it is to cheese it. Look for another player here or on lfg.

Nodnol

It's easier to beat him straight up on normal than it is to cheese it. Look for another player here or on lfg.

It was only a time thing that meant we were trying to cheese him. Only two of us even knew about it, the others are sheltered from what goes on on the internet ha.

I have the checkpoint, so maybe tonight or tomorrow I can get some people together.

I found a second Suros regime today, already own one, can't trade it with my friend in the group who was given ass energy.

sucks so much.

Brannon

More Thorn love.

Look at the damage numbers that pop off from the DOT, look at how they can show you if a person is hiding behind a corner instead of running away.

THIS GUN.

Namikaze1

Any 27+ wants to carry my pathetic Warlock's ass on normal raid on PS4? My Sunsinger is 26 and I have a ton of experience on the raid.

SgtCobra

I bought the Titan Chest, the Warlock Helm and the Rocket Launcher. Good week! Shame you didn't catch the shady bastard.
Man, I'm devastated, I wanted the Armentarium but thanks to health problems I wasn't able to buy it on time. I guess I'll have to wait till next weekend to pick up some exotic Titan helmet I don't really need.

It's easier to kill him on normal than to cheese him.

If you want to cheese him though it's easiest to have all the group die and just get the lock to kite him around the pillar as with more people I find it difficult to make him do what I want as there are other influences on his aggro AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom