• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdrr gnr

I will still defend the idea of a Titan PvP nerf for either subclass as absolutely absurd, but if you don't want to get into on a mechanical level, you could always alter the super meter. I don't know what the math is but you gain super by simply playing (time) and by earning points (kills, caps, assists, various medals) which may or may not be accelerated by various armors. I believe if you AFK, most classes get their super 1-2 times during a game that goes to the very end. A good player could potentially get their super 4+ times. So in a 6v6 game, there is potentially a minimum of 12 super exchanges to upwards of 24+. I don't know... I feel like supers would be more meaningful and less frustrating if they were harder to obtain. Maybe even dole out extra points when you get kills while having a super charged. But even with this being said, class balance in PvP isn't even the biggest issue, but most of us have accepted laggy gameplay and atrocious maps as something that will never change.
Should I buy the Armamentarium or wait for another Exotic for my Titan?
Do you play lots of PvP? Then yes.

corner.jpg

i can change!

It's already too late....

I will still defend the idea of a Titan PvP nerf for either subclass as absolutely absurd, but if you don't want to get into on a mechanical level, you could always alter the super meter. I don't know what the math is but you gain super by simply playing (time) and by earning points (kills, caps, assists, various medals) which may or may not be accelerated by various armors. I believe if you AFK, most classes get their super 1-2 times during a game that goes to the very end. A good player could potentially get their super 4+ times. So in a 6v6 game, there is potentially a minimum of 12 super exchanges to upwards of 24+. I don't know... I feel like supers would be more meaningful and less frustrating if they were harder to obtain. Maybe even dole out extra points when you get kills while having a super charged. But even with this being said, class balance in PvP isn't even the biggest issue, but most of us have accepted laggy gameplay and atrocious maps as something that will never change.

Do you play lots of PvP? Then yes.

less lag, supers and special ammo would be be for the best. there'd only be a handful of maps in the game if we cut out the bad ones though.

It's already too late....

i'll wipe and start over

Deku Tree

I'm not a huge fan of Light/Beware. Its good against normal minotaurs but I feel like it doesn't do that much damage against the major rank ones beyond the shield.

Even before mine was fully upgraded it can take down any Pretorian in three shots. Two gets them to minimal health and then they can be taken out quickly with your primary.

Suros Regime, then Shingen-E and Shadow Price with large magazine.

Galahad > shingen if we're talking blues

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
8 shards away from fully upgrading all my gear so I'll be lvl 29 and I still rocking a blue heaven weapon... RNGebuss why have you forsaken me...

I feel like crucible rewards should be better.
I spent over 60 hours in the crucible and just got my first legendary engram.
I also got a legendary weapon(timurs lash) last week.
But thats it.
1 engram, 1 weapon.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I need my Alts a 27 Hunter and 27 Titan Hard Mode wins
Anyone have save point and willing to let me join them as they go for the win with cheese method?

I just want gear for these classes, it's getting frustrating
Wanna do it before the patch

I'm getting desperate here!

cilonen

I suck at PvP but I need to grind out marks to get some Dead Orbit gloves I'm after. I think just trading mats actually might be more enjoyable than this.

At least I completed Pocket Infinity this morning!

hydruxo

Radar is garbage, sorry. Proximity is a joke as it's almost never accurate. You have virtually no idea of how close or far away they are. I've been engaging people directly in front of me (per the radar) only to be killed from behind, or the side. Just how much distance did that person cover in like 5 seconds (because they weren't even on the radar). Why does it go away when we go into iron sights? Who the fuck knows that's why.

Class imbalances comes down to supers... mostly. Though hunters get the shaft on just about everything (supers, melee, grenades).

Blade dancer is a joke. You have to time it almost perfectly because you while you have a shield you can be easily dropped by a shotgun, titan slam, nova bomb or another hunter's golden gun. With golden gun you have 3 fucking shots and no additional armor, plus that like 3+ second activation (which we can be killed during) is unnecessary.

Also, just while I'm thinking about it, they need to add some more shit poppin up right in the middle of my screen when I'm trying to aim and shoot people. I can't see what's going on half the time thanks to that and the giant gun models.

Radar saves my ass every match, and I get countless kills from it while ADS, so I disagree.

Blade dancer is a joke? What? Yes you have to time it but it's not hard to do. Time it before you go around a corner and then catch the whole team by surprise. Not that difficult.

And 3 second activation for GG? It's like 1 second, and I almost always get at least 2 or 3 kills with it because you can basically snipe people with it.

Namikaze1

Well, I'm gonna have to forego maxing out Gjallahorn for the time being since my Warlock's Legendary gear requires helium. I'll farm some more once I maxed out the legendary first.

SgtCobra

Suros Regime, then Shingen-E and Shadow Price with large magazine.

1. Suros Regime (I prefer it un-upgraded) 2. Shadow Price
I already gave up on the Suros Regime, getting loot that isn't blue or green isn't exactly my thing. I guess I'll have to go with the Shadow Price from the Crucible vendor or even a Shingen-E (If I ever find one)

Thanks guys.
One day I'll finally be able to do a raid.

PuMa

Full up for my raid session! Thanks guys. Sorry if I missed your friend request. Some peoples names are different, which made it confusing.

I already gave up on the Suros Regime, getting loot that isn't blue or green isn't exactly my thing. I guess I'll have to go with the Shadow Price from the Crucible vendor or even a Shingen-E (If I ever find one)

Thanks guys.
One day I'll finally be able to do a raid.

The raid gave me a Suros Regime once....

I dismantled it.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
How is your clip 42?? Did you receive as a reward or buy from the vendor?

Also, please please please sell rare pulse rifles weapon vendor!!! My exotic bounty is getting impatient!!!
I got it from Nightfall. The 42 clip comes from "field scout" perk. Is that perk not on every Vanquish?

Namikaze1

First chest I come across on my helium farm run:

1 blue engram
1 legendary heavy engram
14 Helium
1 ship
3 Ass Shards

Thank you, RNGesus! ;__;

X-Frame

Ugh, I just now realized that the Sword of Crota has an R1 quick-slash attack, I've only been using the R2 ground slam this whole time.

Makes things way easier now.

I hope The Last Word comes my way soon. I've been dying for a cool hc (have thorn, but small clip is no fun).

I hope you do too! Its so much fun to fire and twirl around, haha. It's strong but difficult to use very well since it shines firing from the hip and landing each shot as a headshot, especially when going up against fusion rifles and auto rifles. When Xur does sell it I don't think it'll be something everyone automatically beasts with, like the Suros for example, but I am looking forward to the cowboy gun duels. :)

todd360

I get to go to red lobsters for lunch today. It's the fanciest restaurant in the world guys.
read fanciest in my town
Then I'm gonna level up my hunter alt once I get back.

They really need to fix the auto fire on Vision of Confluence. So many times that shit just stops in pvp. Might as well use a scout rifle with better impact

Sh0k

Going to solo the Nightfall weekly strike in a few minutes on PS4, I'm trying for the first time with my level 26 Titan, trying to level up my Vanguard to level 2 to buy legendary gauntlets. If anybody wants to help me, please feel free to join me, be there like in 20 minutes..

PSN = Shokleeto

SgtCobra

The raid gave me a Suros Regime once....

I dismantled it.
How can you live with yourself?! Was it on purpose?
First chest I come across on my helium farm run:

1 blue engram
1 legendary heavy engram
14 Helium
1 ship
3 Ass Shards

Thank you, RNGesus! ;__;
Ugh, what the fuck. The only things I've ever got from a chest were a material or two and some glimmer with the occasional green loot.

Biff

Friends, regarding the Crucible/Vanguard merchants that require marks and level 2 rep to buy gear:

Do the substats on their items ever change? If I wait long enough, will Lord Shaxx's gauntlets offer auto rifle reload speed buff? Or will it always be plasma rifle? :(

I understand the armor never changes.. Just hoping the substats "restock". Thanks!!

Steroyd

And to add another bug to the raid bug list, if 3 people aren't at the back people will get teleported at random times wtf!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom