• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What makes you say that? I haven't gone against one, personally, post-patch, but the damage reduction seemed pretty damn high.

I've finally hit 30, so I only pursue Vex and fatebringer. Hard raid should be easier to run through now.

Yeah the fate bringer is the last thing I want.

Forming a Normal Raid party on PSN for those new to or inexperienced with the Raid. Only requirements is be at least 27 with leveled weapons. Anything less than that or no leveled weapons and you won't really be able to help much. Experienced players are also welcome, just be aware this is for people to learn the Raid so it will not be an efficient speed run, and the learning curves/wipes will happen in the usual spots while people grasp the mechanics.

If you haven't done the Raid yet or want to get better, this will be the group for you. Plus, Gaffers are the best to game with!

Such a cool dude. I am not running VoG again as the jumping/falling/tunnel section makes me puke, but I'll keep an eye out for you for the DLC raid. It's such a great thing you are doing here.

todd360

Well I mean in all seriousness, we haven't attempted hard mode at 28 so idk how spongey it will be.

I would imagine the opening sequence of the plates might be the hardest thing we have to do

I'm pretty sure we can hold our own against the vex conflux stage (right?), then if we can cheese templar (pushing off with nades) get that extra chest, then get both in the maze, then just back out.

YLHhYo1.jpg

Zakalwe

Banned
Looking at the list of Exotic weapons, I have all but 9. Would be 8 but I didn't wanted to buy Red Death.

What I'm missing:
Patience and Time
Hard Light
Red Death
Fate of All Fools
The Last Word
Super Good Advice
Mida Multi Tool
Plan C
Universal Remote

What I have:
Ice Breaker
SUROS regime
Monte Carlo
Hawkmoon
Bad Juju
Thorn
Invective
Gjallahorn
Truth
Vex Mythocast
Pocket Infinity
Thunderlord

What I'm missing:
Patience and Time
Hard Light
Fate of All Fools
Monte Carlo
Hawkmoon
Bad Juju (bounty half way)
Super Good Advice
Mida Multi Tool
Plan C
Gjallahorn
Vex Mythocast

What I have:
The Last Word
Red Death
Ice Breaker
Universal Remote
SUROS regime
Thorn
Invective
Truth
Pocket Infinity
Thunderlord

-

Getting there... Really want that Ghallahorn.

MADGAME

Such a cool dude. I am not running VoG again as the jumping/falling/tunnel section makes me puke, but I'll keep an eye out for you for the DLC raid. It's such a great thing you are doing here.

Thanks, let's definitely do the Moon Raid when it comes out.

Also, one more slot available, ready now!

Exotics I have:

Vex Mythoclast
Suros Regime
The Last Word
Thorn
Bad Juju
Ice Breaker
Invective
Pocket Infinity
Plan C
Thunderlord
Gjallarhorn
Super Good Advice
Universal Remote

I think that's it...

Yeah I think I'm gonna give up on this Thorn bounty. I'm not that good at the Crucible and every death just slows me down. The only void weapon I have is a heavy machine gun so I'm not gonna be getting kills that often and I just don't use hand cannons that often.

On that note is there a reason why none (excluding atheon's epilogue) have no elemental damage whatsoever. Is there an actual gameplay reason for this cos it makes no sense to me.

Deku Tree

So what do people think is going to happen to our existing exotic armor when they raise the level cap to 32 with the new DLC? Is our current exotic armor going to be not as good as the DLC exotic armor in terms of the possible light it can have?

Fitts

Does anyone have the Vanquisher? (New Monarchy auto rifle) If so, how much damage are head shots doing for you in PVP when optimized for stability/range?

I did have it in my vault but must've dismantled it even though I don't recall doing so.

The first player to reach level 30 had 3 hunters.

I've been playing raid since launch and still don't have raid boots for my hunter. I didn't want to roll another hunter but this week I raided 7 times, watched other players get a full set in one game while I still got no boots. I gave in and rolled another hunter. After Tuesday's reset, If I do not get raid boots on either of the hunters, all hell is gonna break loose.

This is why I stopped playing Destiny because it portrays life in a way. It's better to be lucky than good, and to see others benefit from a lottery system while you bust your ass and get jack shit sucks.

Just look at the haul of Namikaze's exotic weapons and compare that to yours or even mine.

Makes no sense. If the RNG in this game is truly random(which I think it is), you can in theory, run Hard vault 100x and come up empty each and everytime.

Namikaze1

I think it's fitting I'm wearing Kabr's equipment as I head off to face the Templar on hard alone. If you all come across a dead guardian during the raid, that's me.

Midas

Three questions:

1. Why do I have some kind of glow surronding my whole character while running?

2. Is the templar's rage constant?

3. How the hell do you beat the templar at hard?

So what do people think is going to happen to our existing exotic armor when they raise the level cap to 32 with the new DLC? Is our current exotic armor going to be not as good as the DLC exotic armor in terms of the possible light it can have?
They could add more upgrades to Exotic Armor
Or just buff Light given by Exotic Armor upgrades retroactively

todd360

New raid armor will go to light +35

All exotics still +30

Now you need all the new raid armors. *RNGesus laughing in the distance*

EL CUCO

You're not joking. I went in expecting bad, but nothing could prepare me. You have to empty (nearly) an entire clip to kill a lvl 6 Dreg.

EDIT: It's been Vaulted.

I have mine almost full upgraded. It doesn't get any better. String of curse would be nice if it actually killed something.

Hopefully the buff does it justice, but it needs a complete make over.

nillapuddin

I'm on mobile so I can't find it cleanly, but on destinydb there are items for "maximizing you exotics"

I presume they will add an additional upgrade tree with these new materials needed

blazeuk

I use Heart of Praxic Fire and while it's perfect for my Warlock I wish it looked different, it's ugly and makes shaders pointless, it really should be able to change colour. I'm at the point now of not really wanting to use it because I want to be able to change my appearance from time to time when I get new shaders.

todd360

I use Heart of Praxic Fire and while it's perfect for my Warlock I wish it looked different, it's ugly and makes shaders pointless, it really should be able to change colour. I'm at the point now of not really wanting to use it because I want to be able to change my appearance from time to time when I get new shaders.

Madness. It is the best looking armor.

*Splinter

You're not joking. I went in expecting bad, but nothing could prepare me. You have to empty (nearly) an entire clip to kill a lvl 6 Dreg.

EDIT: It's been Vaulted.
It takes 2 bullets (out of 15) to kill a Dreg...

Bad Juju is perfect when used for its intended purpose. It is not an 'anytime' gun.

I'm in the same boat with my Crest of Alpha Lupi. I need a good shader that has at least a bit of white in it, or I'll have a clown suit on.

Victrix

*beard*
Madness. It is the best looking armor.

Not even. It's one shade of boring leather, can't be modified by shaders except in a few spots, so it looks way worse than the other generic armor pieces.

A lot of Exotics have this problem actually, they don't dye, or don't dye much, so they clash with almost every other piece of armor/shader.

Midas

Do you have a weapon equipped with a perk like Lightweight or Kneepads?
The glow signifies that you have a movement bonus of any sort

Oh, I have a fusion rifle that allows me to slide longer. If I equip another weapon, the glow is gone. Case solved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom