• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitts

It takes 2 bullets (out of 15) to kill a Dreg...

Bad Juju is perfect when used for its intended purpose. It is not an 'anytime' gun.

Lvl 6 Dregs on the moon is what I'm referring to. No upgrades.

Perhaps my Juju is worse than the rest. At any rate, it's not coming out of the vault until the buff.

nillapuddin

Okay new plan.

Get a checkpoint before the templar, cheese the shit out of it. Get his boss loot, get no teleport chest, grab maze chest and run back to orbit like the bitches we are.

Namikaze1

I tried to fight the Templar on hard alone. It was tough. I took a quarter of his health away but bastard won the battle in the end.

jay23

Explosive rounds are underrated, I went up against a guy using fatebringer and every time he shot me it messed with my aim.

nowai

I use Heart of Praxic Fire and while it's perfect for my Warlock I wish it looked different, it's ugly and makes shaders pointless, it really should be able to change colour. I'm at the point now of not really wanting to use it because I want to be able to change my appearance from time to time when I get new shaders.

Waaaaaaaaaat!

It's got effin chainmail on it! Hands down my favorite armor piece.

On a dude though, I could see the nipple clasps to be a bit off putting.

*Splinter

What missions should I do to get the "fallen leaders bounty" and also same question for the "hive majors and ultras" bounty?
The archive on Venus is pretty good for Fallen Leaders. Not sure about Hive leaders since they took all the majors out of Shrine of Oryx... I guess Earth Patrol is the quickest way (underground right at the start, 3 each time you go there)

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I use Heart of Praxic Fire and while it's perfect for my Warlock I wish it looked different, it's ugly and makes shaders pointless, it really should be able to change colour. I'm at the point now of not really wanting to use it because I want to be able to change my appearance from time to time when I get new shaders.

I don't think it's ugly but I do wish shaders had more of an effect on it. You're kind of limited to what you can use and not end up looking awkward. Eventually I'm going to switch out to an exotic helmet.

What missions should I do to get the "fallen leaders bounty" and also same question for the "hive majors and ultras" bounty?

Go to Venus patrol, drive left until you get into that first area. In the cave on the top left (where you would go towards Archon Priest) A captain, some vandals, and skanks spawn every few seconds.

For hive majors... wake dat hive

nillapuddin

You need help with that? I'm on PS4.

Thanks bud but I'm on X1, doin it tmrw night

For Hive, start Earth patrol and go to the left underground path, 3 yellows spawn pretty much instantly if you go topside and come back.

For Fallen, go to Venus patrol. Head to the Ember caves(?) on the left where you farm spirit bloom and that Captain spawns at that cliff face every 10~ secs

doomquake

Why do almost all the shaders look cool on a titan and really awful on a warlock. Just got Undercity. Blegh. But titan looks like the Bruce Lee jumpsuit with armor.
Also this weekend has been raining legendaries and got a galahorn in crucible after losing really badly.
Also discovered some kind of bugged chest spawn area and got probably 200 of them in an hour or two. I guess crucible is still faster but half of the time you are at load screens.

blazeuk

I don't think it's ugly but I do wish shaders had more of an effect on it. You're kind of limited to what you can use and not end up looking awkward. Eventually I'm going to switch out to an exotic helmet.

Maybe ugly was a little harsh, but I don't think it's the best looking item, I have been using it since the first week though so I've grown pretty tired of the same look, nothing else I have has really offered anything better than the decrease in ability cooldowns though. It just seems pretty stupid that it almost negates the effect of shaders because it covers such a large area of the character model.

Deku Tree

Thanks bud but I'm on X1, doin it tmrw night

For Hive, start Earth patrol and go to the left underground path, 3 yellows spawn pretty much instantly if you go topside and come back.

For Fallen, go to Venus patrol. Head to the Ember caves(?) on the left where you farm spirit bloom and that Captain spawns at that cliff face every 10~ secs

Thanks!

MildSoss

What would you guys say is the best legendary rocket launcher from the vendors? The truth is nice but not nice enough to take up one of my exotic slots.

BraXzy

That feel when you are about to seal the deal on your 100 enemies killed without dying bounty.. and a door shuts on you, crushing you to death somehow -.-

"U been reported for lag and cheating"

Ahh my first angry Crucible message. I wasn't even doing that well. And I'm not quite sure how you get reported for lag. Tempted to respond, but then I'd probably be as dumb as him.

hydruxo

People need to stop posting these exploits on youtube for views, because they are just going to be patched in a week or two.

cilonen

Earth both times, patrol. From the starting point head left and head down the stairs in the shack thing next to the mission beaker. In the darkness turn right, then right again into another room where three hive majors will run in. Backtrack to the surface, wait ~30 seconds, rinse and repeat.

For the fallen ones I head over to the divide and hit the four vandal group lurking over by the shipping crates diagonally from where you enter the area. Every 30-40 seconds a drop ship will spawn with four more, dropping them off right by the entrance to the wall where the game starts you out first time. One of these guys is always an ultra. Takes a bit longer to do, but you can do it while waiting for a public event.

This strategy. Bungie pls. Shows how poor the RNG loot system is.

Not only that but since that character can equip the armour from the "main" they hit lvl 28/29 immediately upon hitting 20. I kinda wish I had done it instead of rolling one of each class because gearing up for the raid on another class is super pita.

I know because I'm currently grinding vanguard rep for the third time while doing earth patrol. I've got like 2 hours of this boring nonsense left and I should be able to hit 28 if I can farm the plasteel plating I need.

nowai

Anyone looking to run the heroic raid? Finished it on my titan this week, but need it in my hunter.

Level 29+, 300 weapons and minimum 1300 defense. PS4 sunvsthemoon

Namikaze1

I should have used Gjallahorn for the kill. I should have.

Instead, I thought I could melee him for the kill.

I don't feel like fighting him again now.

X-Frame

Damn, it sucks to spend 2+ hours in the raid and only get Energy and the Found Verdict shotgun twice even though I already had it.

I really can't wait for whatever the PvP equivalent is.

void666

Banned
Soloed the templar and opened the chests in the gorgon maze twice. Got energies/shards everytime. Is it normal or is the RNGesus being mean to me?

Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom