• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaari

I did it^^ All by marks and exotic bounties/Xur (I never got a Legendary engram that was for my class^^) I now have a Legendary or higher in every slot. I am going to take on the raid (Maybe Tuesday so I have a full week to get through it?), but have a question for you raid vets; I want to go in blind (no one in my group has done it yet) because I thought it would be cool to figure it out together on the fly, but most of us only get two hours or less a day to game, so spending it all getting stuck in one place sounds awwwwwwwwwful. But figuring it out on our own sounds fun. I am conflicted, as you see, about how we should approach it. Is it worth going in blind? Is there a section or two that are "must research before hand" in order to reduce frustration?

Honestly, it's full of sections like that. It's fun for the first time, but its even more fun if you actually know what you are doing. I'd hate to go in blind and not have someone to guide me.

BraXzy

I'm getting sick and tired of how progression works in this game. I'm at the same point on my Warlock as I was the moment I hit 20. And because reputation levels and marks are character based, I'm sat here grinding away on stupid bounties and mindless patrol missions so I can gear up past 24.

I think I'm getting to the point where everything in this game is worn out for me :/

I feel like I've hit a wall with this game. Did the full normal raid this week and got nothing but ass mats and Chatterwhite. Then did Atheon on hard and was rewarded with 3 ass shards and Aspect of Glass. I haven't got a single piece of raid gear yet.

Still, wasn't all bad. Got Heart of the Praxic Fire from a Xur engram on saturday and finished upgrading it today. I'm back to level 29. Just wish hard mode Atheon had given me Façade of the Hezen Lords...

I've also been playing around with a Shingen-E. It's a fun weapon, but sadly only a rare. I've tried to find a similar legendary to use as primary AR. I keep switching between SR, HC and AR. The only AR I have beyond rare is the Suros Regime. Which AR do you guys recommend when the Suros is not a viable option (i.e. when we want to equip another exotic)?

I'm torn between something like Vanquisher III with more impact but lower RoF and ammo capacity, or Doctor Nope with more RoF and ammo but less impact. Which type do you think is best?

Yaari

I feel like I've hit a wall with this game. Did the full normal raid this week and got nothing but ass mats and Chatterwhite. Then did Atheon on hard and was rewarded with 3 ass shards and Aspect of Glass. I haven't got a single piece of raid gear yet.

Still, wasn't all bad. Got Heart of the Praxic Fire from a Xur engram on saturday and finished upgrading it today. I'm back to level 29. Just wish hard mode Atheon had given me Façade of the Hezen Lords...

I've also been playing around with a Shingen-E. It's a fun weapon, but sadly only a rare. I've tried to find a similar legendary to use as primary AR. I keep switching between SR, HC and AR. The only AR I have beyond rare is the Suros Regime. Which AR do you guys recommend when the Suros is not a viable option (i.e. when we want to equip another exotic)?

I'm torn between something like Vanquisher III with more impact but lower RoF and ammo capacity, or Doctor Nope with more RoF and ammo but less impact. Which type do you think is best?

I have the Vanquier VIII and I don't like it much anymore for PVP after the patch came out. I'm doing much better with other ARs. I lose 1 on 1's frequently, and that is to stuff like Shingen-E, guns like that.

Probably still great for PVE, but if possible, I'd look in a different direction.

OMFG YES! WOW I FINALLY GOT THE LAST WORD!

iqkDP9t6Lmqr.png

Zakalwe

Banned
Around 10-12pm my hit reg in pvp goes from great to 50/50 whether it will register or not.

Is this to do with matchmaking pairing me with players in different timezones as the evening gets later? Or maybe more people online stressing the servers?

It's really frustrating.

The Devil You Know is a pretty awesome hand cannon. I love it.

I was saving to buy it and then I got Lord High Fixer from an engram. Even better since its got longer range (the thing is practically a scout rifle), and I got it just in time to replace my now worthless Vanquisher. :D

I got Last Word too, during a raid, but I never use it cause High Fixer is just way better. Its a shame cause the animations on that thing are beautiful, the gun just sucks though. No range at all, somewhat small clip, etc. Its fast as hell, but idc cause I'm an ADS type person. I aim for the head, pop, your dead. Last Word is really only good for hip firing like some stupid cowboy.

Praise the lord.

Around 10-12pm my hit reg in pvp goes from great to 50/50 whether it will register or not.

Is this to do with matchmaking pairing me with players in different timezones as the evening gets later? Or maybe more people online stressing the servers?

It's really frustrating.

It's going to be a long time before I give Crucible another shot. It is a donkey's ass right now.

Currently using the Vanquisher VIII in PvP. I like it, I have the recoil upgrade so it barely kicks at all. I have not use Doctor Nope or any other legendary or exotic full auto rifles
RNG hates me
But the RoF and lower mag size works together well. If you have good aim the majority of the time, this rifle will work wonders for you. The downside is I always have to reload offend and against 2 or more guys, you will prob die. I tend to rush using melee and shotguns for the second guy. I have heard Shadow Price is better but sadly I dont have it as of now.

I have the Vanquier VIII and I don't like it much anymore for PVP after the patch came out. I'm doing much better with other ARs. I lose 1 on 1's frequently, and that is to stuff like Shingen-E, guns like that.

Probably still great for PVE, but if possible, I'd look in a different direction.

Should've mentioned I'm more of a PvE player so I'm more interested in performance there than on PvP. I'll keep the Shingen-E for PvP, and have to try my Red Hand IX there as well.

How do you find the Vanquisher in PvE? Ever tried something like Doctor Nope or Hex Caster?

Lima

Currently using the Vanquisher VIII in PvP. I like it, I have the recoil upgrade so it barely kicks at all. I have not use Doctor Nope or any other legendary or exotic full auto rifles
RNG hates me
But the RoF and lower mag size works together well. If you have good aim the majority of the time, this rifle will work wonders for you. The downside is I always have to reload offend and against 2 or more guys, you will prob die. I tend to rush using melee and shotguns for the second guy. I have heard Shadow Price is better but sadly I dont have it as of now.

I have the Vanquisher with the field scout perk so it has 42 ammo in the mag. It's pretty good and I use it over the Suros whenever I want to use either Gjallarhorn or Truth in MP.

How do you find the Vanquisher in PvE? Ever tried something like Doctor Nope or Hex Caster?

They are shit. You never want these high rate of fire and low impact AR's. AR's in general are pretty bad after the patch though so you are better off using scout rifles and hand cannons in PvE.

Yaari

The only thing I even want from VoG anymore is a Vision of Confluence. Hope I can still get into Atheon groups after the patch hits. Atleast I don't have to run Hard for that. I'll try my luck on Normal until it shows itself.

Seems like an amazing combination with an Icebreaker.

It's pretty awesome in PVE and the stability is insane. But I can't compare it to anything else. That said, it has proven itself in PVE for me, no doubt about it. With that Shingen-E you should be good for PVP then, if ever required.
To add to that, I often prefer using a Scout Rifle when my target has an obvious weak spot. I like AR's for predictable enemies that go down with a single shot. But I hardly ever use an AR for a boss fight anymore.

RNG hates me

And what do you think of it for PvE?

Meneses

Forming a Normal Raid party on PSN for those new to or inexperienced with the Raid. Only requirements is be at least 27 with leveled weapons. Anything less than that or no leveled weapons and you won't really be able to help much. Experienced players are also welcome, just be aware this is for people to learn the Raid so it will not be an efficient speed run, and the learning curves/wipes will happen in the usual spots while people grasp the mechanics.

If you haven't done the Raid yet or want to get better, this will be the group for you. Plus, Gaffers are the best to game with!

Just want to thank MADGAME for teaching us the ways of the raid, he was very patient with a (mostly) inexperienced group. It was a super cool gesture to invite us to learn the ropes.

Also thanks to the rest of the team: milkman, raizel, samphire, sengar.

It was super fun to do the raid!

BTW, ever since they patched Rahool I haven't received a single purple from his level up packages. Is this also happening to you, or am I just really unlucky?

krioto

BTW, ever since they patched Rahool I haven't received a single purple from his level up packages. Is this also happening to you, or am I just really unlucky?

this is happening to me every time and pissing me off - although I did get a legendary rocket launcher from a blue, but still

Am_I_Evil

atheon on hard...i've got the checkpoint...anyone want to finish this?

cheese or normal is fine with me...just hoping i have better loot luck this week...

PS4 - Am_I_Evil

blazeuk

I've had 1, the rate has dropped massively. I have also never seen anyone get anything better than blue items/engrams from tiger strikes and I've never seen anyone get an exotic from the crucible other than people posting screenshots on here.

They are shit. You never want these high rate of fire and low impact AR's. AR's in general are pretty bad after the patch though so you are better off using scout rifles and hand cannons in PvE.

I'll stay away from them then. I was interested because the Shingen has a high RoF and Doctor Nope has that Third Eye perk, but it seems best to focus on Vanquisher or Shadow Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom