• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Didn't expect to start hard raid from the beginning with Gaffers. I may need to leave if we don't get Atheon down in a few goes. Got work tomm. Sorry

hydruxo

Hard Raid finished! Just got the most ridiculous drops haha.

ZA3Vrn9.jpg

rayuma

I'm a sunsinger but I'm only level 21. Is there any way to get into the hard raid to cheese Atheon? Or would I be locked out since my level is too low.

gdt

Lvl 27, all Legendaried out, still rocking a Rare Auto Rifle -_-. Have multiple legendary heavy and special weapons, even got a duplicate -_-. RNGesus wat r u doin

Wanna get a Legendary Primary weapon before I start the Raid.

ocean

Banned
I need a drink. Jesus randoms are bad. Like, not just "not hardcore", I mean legit bad. I just spent the last 30 minutes being a good Guardian Samaritan.

I was farming Spirit Bloom, which I hate because I can never find any, when I came across the entrance to the Raid. I see a group of 26's giving it a shot and I say heck I remember how freaking hard these Praetorians could be back when I first tried at 26 with shitty weapons. Let me give them a hand.

Oh my god. They were bad. I mean terribad. I was standing at a pillar between the center and right plates using my Ice Breaker and Atheon's Epilogue. By the time I killed a Praetorian on the right, they'd already lost center and vice versa. I ended up trying to make them understand I could take care of center by myself but to no avail.

My solution was sniping Praetorian's shields off all over the map so these guys could stand a fighting chance to kill them before they lost the plates. It was a harrowing, frustrating experience. I'm glad they'll be able to grab a chest and at least get into the place but there is no freaking way those people are gonna make any progress. I mean I am by no means an amazing player but sweet Lord almighty these people were just ugh.

Having completed the Raid in about an hour with a great team earlier tonight, the difference was just striking :| At least the guys were really cool, they waved and danced with me when the Spire finally formed. Bungie has hard data on average completion time for different segments of their game. With some people making the Raid a trivial exercise and others literally not being able to start it, I wonder how in the world they would approach any potential tweaks. You have such stark differences across the player base that I feel Normal should keep all the elements that make it doable for regular folks (the snipe platforms, predictable teleports etc) while making Hard a lactose intolerant test of skill.

Any who, what did I get out of all this? 1 Spirit Bloom in a corner. Someone please take me farming tomorrow :(

Deku Tree

PvP has the worst lag. I see the other guardian coming towards me, I pull my trigger, I hear and see my shotgun go off, I don't see or hear the other guardians gun do anything, and I die and dude keeps running by...

RedFury

PvP has the worst lag. I see the other guardian coming towards me, I pull my trigger, I hear and see my shotgun go off, I don't see or hear the other guardians gun do anything, and I die and dude keeps running by...
Void walkers are worse. I'm pretty good about getting away from their supers, so it's frustrating to see one running at me then I die. Look up and apparently was killed by his super with no animation what so ever.

After cheesing hard mode Atheon 3 times on 3 different alt I ended up with: 2 raid helmet, 2 raid sparrow, 1 ship and a lot of ass shards. . seriously RNG

EL CUCO

Hard Raid finished! Just got the most ridiculous drops haha.

I just got Helm, Sparrow, and Ass Energy.

All of it, I already had...
And it doesn't look like a I got my Normal run load from the Hard. Unless that's what the ass energy was... -_____-

mstevens

Hey guys we have 5 gaffers in here trying to cheese hard mode Atheon, would an experienced Warlock be willing to come help us out?

ocean

Banned
A week ago, the percentage of players with the Epic Raider Trophy on PSN (Hard Raid) was listed as 0.3% and it's 2.1% now. 7x increase over 7 days, sounds legit.

cheese_1292619c.jpg

FalconPunch67

Neo Member
So what do you guys think is the best scout rifle that I can buy? I already have the devil you know fully upgraded but wanted a scout rifles for the raid. Never tried it yet but gonna soon.

I need a drink. Jesus randoms are bad. Like, not just "not hardcore", I mean legit bad. I just spent the last 30 minutes being a good Guardian Samaritan.

I was farming Spirit Bloom, which I hate because I can never find any, when I came across the entrance to the Raid. I see a group of 26's giving it a shot and I say heck I remember how freaking hard these Praetorians could be back when I first tried at 26 with shitty weapons. Let me give them a hand.

Oh my god. They were bad. I mean terribad. I was standing at a pillar between the center and right plates using my Ice Breaker and Atheon's Epilogue. By the time I killed a Praetorian on the right, they'd already lost center and vice versa. I ended up trying to make them understand I could take care of center by myself but to no avail.

My solution was sniping Praetorian's shields off all over the map so these guys could stand a fighting chance to kill them before they lost the plates. It was a harrowing, frustrating experience. I'm glad they'll be able to grab a chest and at least get into the place but there is no freaking way those people are gonna make any progress. I mean I am by no means an amazing player but sweet Lord almighty these people were just ugh.

Having completed the Raid in about an hour with a great team earlier tonight, the difference was just striking :| At least the guys were really cool, they waved and danced with me when the Spire finally formed. Bungie has hard data on average completion time for different segments of their game. With some people making the Raid a trivial exercise and others literally not being able to start it, I wonder how in the world they would approach any potential tweaks. You have such stark differences across the player base that I feel Normal should keep all the elements that make it doable for regular folks (the snipe platforms, predictable teleports etc) while making Hard a lactose intolerant test of skill.

Any who, what did I get out of all this? 1 Spirit Bloom in a corner. Someone please take me farming tomorrow :(
Go the the Ember Caves, run around the edge. Lots of chests in caves, and a decent amount of Spirit Bloom spawns.

Alucrid

Banned
So what do you guys think is the best scout rifle that I can buy? I already have the devil you know fully upgraded but wanted a scout rifles for the raid. Never tried it yet but gonna soon.

I'd hold off for Visions of Confluence from the raid. I use the devil you know pretty regularly with my ice breaker and it serves me well throughout the raid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom