• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
The outlook of the community cracks me up, "Oh man, once they patch the cheese out, I'm done." While I understand it's because there's really no point anymore for many who have cheesed fondue'd the entire raid for the gear they want. But It's a distinct difference from what I'm used to in other MMO's. Yes it's partially about loot, but for many it's the challenge, comradery and process they care about. Obviously in any MMO people are going to seek to exploit in order to make encounters easier, but I've never seen it to this scale. Yes it's Bungie's fault almost exclusively. but it worries me the community isn't ready for this kind of content, and going forward it's going to be significantly dumbed down to appease the communities majority. I wanted the Hard Mode to be harder, or at least as hard as it will be now originally. It's a step forward in the right direction, albeit far too late. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how Bungie does with the next raid etc.

Hard mode is hard in the stupidest ways possible.

How about make the content more challenging by increasing the difficulty of the encounter via adding new mechanics versus taking away revives?

Bungie have demonstrated over and over again that they're complete novices at this and are learning on the fly. I do expect the Moon raid to be of much higher quality, but it may be too late for many of us.

Nightfall. PS4. EvilKalamari.

i am going to jump in. Do you have a 3rd? Lvl 29 Warlock Nick_or_Dawood

smallbanner.jpg

Temidien

Neo Member
Level 28 Hunter looking for help completing full raid on Hard, or at the least Atheon. Have run the raid several times on Normal, am familiar with most strategies, and will do my best not to get in the way of any veterans able to help a lowly 28! If you have a spot open or are willing to join my struggle, I will forever include you in my prayers to our Lord, RNGesus.

PS4: Temidien

(I’ll be online in about 15 min, driving home now, feel free to reply here or send me an invite on PSN in the meantime)

Level 28 Hunter looking for help completing full raid on Hard, or at the least Atheon. Have run the raid several times on Normal, am familiar with most strategies, and will do my best not to get in the way of any veterans able to help a lowly 28! If you have a spot open or are willing to join my struggle, I will forever include you in my prayers to our Lord, RNGesus.

PS4: Temidien

(I’ll be online in about 15 min, driving home now, feel free to reply here or send me an invite on PSN in the meantime)

you probably won't get much luck for hard mode if you're not 29

The outlook of the community cracks me up, "Oh man, once they patch the cheese out, I'm done." While I understand it's because there's really no point anymore for many who have cheesed fondue'd the entire raid for the gear they want. But It's a distinct difference from what I'm used to in other MMO's. Yes it's partially about loot, but for many it's the challenge, comradery and process they care about. Obviously in any MMO people are going to seek to exploit in order to make encounters easier, but I've never seen it to this scale. Yes it's Bungie's fault almost exclusively. but it worries me the community isn't ready for this kind of content, and going forward it's going to be significantly dumbed down to appease the communities majority. I wanted the Hard Mode to be harder, or at least as hard as it will be now originally. It's a step forward in the right direction, albeit far too late. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how Bungie does with the next raid etc.
If that Redit interview was to be believed, they opted for the more casual, accessible route rather than a more pure MMO one. All about that money and I expect Activision weighed more heavily in this regard than Bungie.

Mindlog

Complaining about the RNG is fruitless, but you know....
Soloed the Nightfall on my level 28 Hunter alt without the assistance of an arc burn fusion rifle. It was a great tension filled romp. That was rewarded with the same auto rifle this alt stopped using already.

Not even strange coins. Just two bits of energy.

Looking to do some raiding on PS4 around 7 EDT. Normal mode, no death run, hard mode, or Atheon hard cheese. Got a 29 Titan. PSN same as gaf.

Looking for 5 more to do a normal raid now.

People who are new to the raid are welcome, I'm experienced and willing to help anyone go through it. PSN Jignxs

1) Jignxs
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Just wanted to thank the guys I played with earlier today. RNG was good to me, and now I feel like I can focus on my alts without missing any opportunities for my main. I still need some Hunter gauntlets to get to 30, but I'm okay at 29 for now.

Thanks clutch, strider, southbend and the other two guys that were awesome, but I forget their names.

Tovarisc

is it just me or has Crucible lobby quality went to total shit as of late, when it comes to performance? Game doesn't even try to hide it anymore that PvP comes with high latency lobbies, such insane delays on everything more often than not.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Looking for 5 more to do a normal raid now.

People who are new to the raid are welcome, I'm experienced and willing to help anyone go through it. PSN Jignxs

1) Jignxs
2) Rubenov25 (28 Sunbro experienced)
3) GraveRobberX (28 Sunbro, very experienced)
4)
5)
6)

Added myself

Hard mode is hard in the stupidest ways possible.

How about make the content more challenging by increasing the difficulty of the encounter via adding new mechanics versus taking away revives?

Bungie have demonstrated over and over again that they're complete novices at this and are learning on the fly. I do expect the Moon raid to be of much higher quality, but it may be too late for many of us.

Adding mechanics I'm all for (Putting random people into the portals on Atheon is a mechanic addition btw, albeit added stupidly late in so becoming a waste of time), removing the no rez stipulation? Bad idea in my opinion. Hard mode is supposed to put emphasis on coordination, and teamwork by punishing slip ups in strategies. If you've found a good strategy and have the right setup, you shouldn't be having people dying unless they screw up. It's supposed to be the highest tier for people who have overcome all the other obstacles. It's not supposed to be "I finished normal, time for hard." You're supposed to need the right weapons, gear, and strategies. The only problem being the shitty RNG system, which I hope they fix. But that'sin place because they are trying to appeal to the masses (Who have told them they would rather have a traditional loot system). It's a delicate balance no ones figured out yet, but Bungie is really really far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom