• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakfuss

25 lvl hunter (on the very cusp of 26) looking for a normal raid to join. :(. it's my alt so I've done this a few times on primary and have decent weapons. I know I'm low level but that's why this raid could change my life. GAF pls.

dengatron

Red Death already seems pretty good, I was getting worked the other day by some guy using one.

it's pretty solid. 108 damage per trigger pull if they're all head shots. 2 bursts per kill. same with fair and square. and getting a full heal after a kill makes you a juggernaught with quick reloads. i've been trying to get the red death perk the past couple of days through dailies just to see it's true potential.

gatti-man

Y'all always leave me out when it comes to PVP. I always play PVP and never have a group, that's why I lose all the time since I get paired up with random scrubs who always go <.80

Pocket Infinity
Suros Regime
Hawkmoon
Last Word
Shadow Price (with field scout perk)
Vision of Confluence
Invective

I still like my vex better than voc.

Frenden

Banned
lol *shrug* i guess people are gonna tell you suros regime. suros regime, vision of confluence, pocket infinity, invective, found verdict, the last word, even shingen/galahad-e , hell any decent ar, scout rifle, fusion rifle or hand cannon and you can dominate if you know the maps.

edit: i did not mention hawkmoon because hawkmoon is awful in pvp and should never be used by anyone nor rebalanced in any way amen.

edit again: dang. word up earvcunanan

I have a rare Galahad-E with the slower rate of fire and bonus damage perk and am wondering if Suros is even worth buying, haha. The videos show performance about on par with the G-E in PVP.

Especially considering I'm a 95% hand cannon user.

The most important thing in PVP is map knowledge and anticipation of enemy positions via radar/instinct that builds up in muscle memory over time. Nothing substitutes for the latter, not even a pre-nerf mythoclast. (I saw a dude go last several games in Iron Banner despite having the mytho.)

waiting for the patch

post-49639-spongebob-waiting-gif-Imgur-co-tfl3.gif

WHERE WERE YOU!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The most important thing in PVP is map knowledge and anticipation of enemy positions via radar/instinct that builds up in muscle memory over time. Nothing substitutes for the latter, not even a pre-nerf mythoclast. (I saw a dude go last several games in Iron Banner despite having the mytho.)
pure truth.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
can't believe psn performance is still as shoddy as it is for me :(

well... plan c and thunderlord on deck, let's do this.

looking for two for the nightfall on PS4 now... post your id if you want in

jay23

a corrective measure and light/beware for my warlock :'( I didn't know the postmaster bay just started overwriting stuff. ohhhh well, I will actually probably end up buying him L/B anyway, lol

ahh yeah, i'd try out both with that (it's what I have too). see what you do better with

I almost learned the hard way myself, till I noticed the size limit on the top right.

Good thing you can buy L/B. I'd be really upset about corrective measure, that gets a lot of use during the raid.

it's pretty solid. 108 damage per trigger pull if they're all head shots. 2 bursts per kill. same with fair and square. and getting a full heal after a kill makes you a juggernaught with quick reloads. i've been trying to get the red death perk the past couple of days through dailies just to see it's true potential.

Definitely buying red death whenever Xur has it again. Just for that inevitable pulse rifle buff.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah I'm not sure how people can say that.

I get way too many kills with my throwing knives.
shhh str doesn't affect throwing knife cooldown. useless i say useless.
I almost learned the hard way myself, till I noticed the size limit on the top right.

Good thing you can buy L/B. I'd be really upset about corrective measure, that gets a lot of use during the raid.
yeah, i'm using the fact that I have another as consolation... and I just rolled a final boss to give to my warlock instead. sooo it goes.

Fitts

My shenanigans primary is rapidly becoming my main for PVP. Thorn is just too much damn fun to ignore.

I've been rolling Thorn and Zombie Apocalypse until the heavy ammo inbound announcement. When that happens, as soon as my radar shows no red and I'm in a safe zone I quickly swap out to Lord High Fixer and Thunderlord. LHF is very good in PVP and is a good backup for if I don't manage to get to the heavy ammo in time for whatever reason but if I do... Oh boy.

An aside, I got my first sparrow kill ever in crucible tonight. I had no idea you could even run dudes over with them in PVP.

Frenden

Banned
shhh str doesn't affect throwing knife cooldown. useless i say useless.
yeah, i'm using the fact that I have another as consolation... and I just rolled a final boss to give to my warlock instead. sooo it goes.

Throwing knives are the singlemost under-rated ability in game.

I mean, er, OVER-rated. OVER.

Fitts

can't believe psn performance is still as shoddy as it is for me :(

well... plan c and thunderlord on deck, let's do this.

looking for two for the nightfall on PS4 now... post your id if you want in

How is Plan C in your opinion? You were spot on when you set me straight on Pocket Infinity before and I just got it from this week's Nightfall.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
started out soloing the nightfall... plan c oneshots ascendant knights and twoshots hallowed knights... maybe this won't be quite as much of a pain as I thought

any two want in on PS4? could use the stress relief of being able to die now and again XD
Throwing knives are the singlemost under-rated ability in game.

I mean, er, OVER-rated. OVER.
i've barely scratched the surface with them in pvp (waiting to perfect my ridiculous pocket infinity build... must get that damn gauntlet exotic)

but Gambler's Dagger+Knife Juggler is just gaming bliss, I can't wait.
How is Plan C in your opinion? You were spot on when you set me straight on Pocket Infinity before and I just got it from this week's Nightfall.
certainly the best arc fusion rifle in the game, and there's all kinds of fun to be had with its special upgrade- plus it has a reduce charge time regular upgrade. fantastic gun, I only ever prefer pocket infinity because, lol welp, and 77 wizard because it's void legendary

ethomaz

Banned
Who knows about this? According to the following post, all the "useless" secret passages actually have meaning and lead to secret chests if certain conditions are met:

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/74707472/0/0

There is much more, but here is an excerpt:
One player stay outside of the door before Atheon to keep it open. Complete the gate lord with all players alive. Before killing Atheon the door should be open, everyone should go out of the door, one person uses the appearing platforms to get to the vex plate. Creating a platform for everyone to ride on and tke them up to the 7th chest located at the tip of the what looks like a man made structure near the vex gate. So you will have to take turns for the final person to get number seven. Now go finish Atheon and enjoy the rewards.

The whole series of events is nuts. I want to see videos
I have 100% certain
not :p
this place have a chest if meet conditions.

B0gpEMJIUAInVWZ.jpg

Frenden

Banned
started out soloing the nightfall... plan c oneshots ascendant knights and twoshots hallowed knights... maybe this won't be quite as much of a pain as I thought

any two want in on PS4? could use the stress relief of being able to die now and again XD

i've barely scratched the surface with them in pvp (waiting to perfect my ridiculous pocket infinity build... must get that damn gauntlet exotic)

I tend to use the burning upgrade rather than Juggler (the DOT often results in kills in PVP), but with a decent enough strength and two to burn, you almost always have one to toss.

I could see the Gambler's Dagger being a good upgrade in PVE, though.

I always, always play a throwing knife/tomahawk class in PVP games, so I've been rocking the Gunslinger from the start. I switched long enough to level up Bladedancer, but found it wanting. One tiny hit from splash grenade damage, or one shot with a hand cannon, and the throwing knife is a kill, straight up. So I tend to soften targets a tiny amount and toss. It's glorious. Especially when you're in the air and they're in the air and you lead the target just right and... Yeah. Yeah. So good.

I'm using the Symbiote helm currently but want the Spine gauntlets SO GODDAMN BAD.

gdt

certainly the best arc fusion rifle in the game, and there's all kinds of fun to be had with its special upgrade- plus it has a reduce charge time regular upgrade. fantastic gun, I only ever prefer pocket infinity because, lol welp, and 77 wizard because it's void legendary

Yeah man sure, whats your info?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I tend to use the burning upgrade rather than Juggler (the DOT often results in kills in PVP), but with a decent enough strength and two to burn, you almost always have one to toss.

I could see the Gambler's Dagger being a good upgrade in PVE, though.
yeah that makes sense for PvP for sure, like I said I haven't touched it much... in PvE though when you start chaining the precision kills... please try it, just please.

definitely a fun skill in general though, it has this great weight to it especially against other guardians, the fallen and hive.
I'm using the Symbiote helm currently but want the Spine gauntlets SO GODDAMN BAD.
seems like it's one of the toughest items to come by :( i'm counting on an exotic gauntlet engram of all things.

noooobody for the nightfall on ps4 right now? i'm at 2/3 runes. don't make me lfg ;)
Yeah man sure, whats your info?
I'm Hawkian on PSN. msg me or post yours and I'll gladly get you in.

Bladelaw

yeah that makes sense for PvP for sure, like I said I haven't touched it much... in PvE though when you start chaining the precision kills... please try it, just please.

definitely a fun skill in general though, it has this great weight to it especially against other guardians, the fallen and hive.

seems like it's one of the toughest items to come by :( i'm counting on an exotic gauntlet engram of all things.

noooobody for the nightfall on ps4 right now? i'm at 2/3 runes. don't make me lfg ;)

I'm Hawkian on PSN. msg me or post yours and I'll gladly get you in.
Hawkian I'll help.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Finally hit 20 and I have a question - As someone who doesn't really have the ability to do the raid (mixture of factors that would take a while to explain) - Is there any way for me to Hit 30 as someone who primarily PvPs and does the occaisonal pve content here and there (like the weekly strike)

LiK

Finally hit 20 and I have a question - As someone who doesn't really have the ability to do the raid (mixture of factors that would take a while to explain) - Is there any way for me to Hit 30 as someone who primarily PvPs and does the occaisonal pve content here and there (like the weekly strike)

Nope

Ataxia

For A Voice in the Wilderness, are the 500 machine gun kills PvP only or can I do PvE too? 'cause I hate PvP. I'll just abandon it if so.

the raid's currently the only way to reach 30; however, if you don't raid, then there isn't much reason to be 30 anyway. the raid is the only part of the game with level 30 enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom