• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

wowlace

Random post incoming......

I have noticed a significant spike in my internet usage since I started using Destiny. This has made me wonder about the always online aspect and what it's impact really is regarding internet bandwidth.

Check this out; I started playing Destiny on the 28th of September.

c9d9a3f661bb315f51d5ca29261a4fa2.png

Does anyone know exactly how many times a minute Destiny communicates with the servers?

I'm not saying Destiny IS THE CAUSE of this spike because I really haven't investigated it at all. But Destiny is the only thing that is out of the ordinary compared to our normal internet usage. We use netflix and hulu along with other regular internet usage. We have never hit our 200 GB limit until now.

Definity

The rng gods have finally blessed me with the raid chest piece. Level 30 here I come. Time to start doing bounties like crazy!

Dante316

I have noticed a significant spike in my internet usage since I started using Destiny. This has made me wonder about the always online aspect and what it's impact really is regarding internet bandwidth.

Does anyone know exactly how many times a minute Destiny communicates with the servers?

I'm not saying Destiny IS THE CAUSE of this spike because I really haven't investigated it at all. But Destiny is the only thing that is out of the ordinary compared to our normal internet usage. We use netflix and hulu along with other regular internet usage. We have never hit our 2 GB limit until now.

Are you sure its 2 gb limit? I hit 2 gb everyday almost...., thank god for unlimited data. Where do you live?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
great nightfall guys. plan c is a badass choice for this, it cleaned house.

need one for the weekly 28 right now, post your id for ps4 if you want in

EL CUCO

Well our Raid was interesesting. Carried a friend of a friend's level 25 that didn't speak at all.

Basically ran the Raid with 5 people.

The loot:
Found Verdict (Shotgun)
Hezen Vengeance (Rocket Launcher)
Ass mats (Ass)

Had a nice little shoving tournament at the jumping puzzle. Thanks to Firehawk for joining the festivities.

Protip: dont drink black coffee before starting a Raid....

Lucis

I'm not saying Destiny IS THE CAUSE of this spike because I really haven't investigated it at all. But Destiny is the only thing that is out of the ordinary compared to our normal internet usage. We use netflix and hulu along with other regular internet usage. We have never hit our 200 GB limit until now.

Enlighten me... so is Aug Destiny Beta?

What's June?

Pimpwerx

Just got...

...FATEBRINGER!!!

Probably deafened my fireteam yelling with joy. They are so fucking mad. I told them I had to sacrifice all of their drops this week to get that gun.

I have my maxxed Hawkmoon, and Fatebringer will be maxxed in short order. I just need Final Word to complete the ultimate hand cannon trifecta. :D Tomorrow, Xur will bless me with a Hard Light or Gjallahorn. PEACE.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just got...

...FATEBRINGER!!!

Probably deafened my fireteam yelling with joy. They are so fucking mad. I told them I had to sacrifice all of their drops this week to get that gun.

I have my maxxed Hawkmoon, and Fatebringer will be maxxed in short order. I just need Final Word to complete the ultimate hand cannon trifecta. :D Tomorrow, Xur will bless me with a Hard Light or Gjallahorn. PEACE.
one of the few things to still make me jelly, nice rolll. mmm.

Just got...

...FATEBRINGER!!!

one of the few things to still make me jelly, nice rolll. mmm.

Is hard light good? I got it.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Just got...

...FATEBRINGER!!!

There are only so many ways for me to say I hate you. :(

what is it about the way that I play that makes Destiny think i'm just A-ok with my legendary Lord High that i've had for fucking 3 1/2 weeks...

seriously... i'm on my final nerve. If i don't get a hard checkpoint or again - anything out of the standard raid on this coming tuesday.. i think i'm out. So little return on this time investment...

Lucis

I think the Beta was the end of July. June I assume is up because I was on uni break; lots of siting around watch netflix and streaming music. July must be a mistake.

ok destiny beta started mid july, and didn't really get into aug (maybe just 1-2 days?) much.
so your theory does not hold, something is going on, you just don't know what

my limited understanding is that games don't consume that much in online but if you've been playing non-stop then it's a possibility. I always thought streaming HD videos from netflix/amazon was more of a hog.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well our Raid was interesesting. Carried a friend of a friend's level 25 that didn't speak at all.

The loot:
Found Verdict (Shotgun)
Ass mats (Ass)

Had a nice little shoving tournament at the jumping puzzle. Thanks to Firehawk for joining the festivities.

It was funny when I actually pushed him off the cliff. lol

Pimpwerx

There are only so many ways for me to say I hate you. :(

what is it about the way that I play that makes Destiny think i'm just A-ok with my legendary Lord High that i've had for fucking 3 1/2 weeks...

seriously... i'm on my final nerve. If i don't get a hard checkpoint or again - anything out of the standard raid on this coming tuesday.. i think i'm out. So little return on this time investment...

If it helps, I got it from the Templar drop. This is my first time doing the hard Templar too. PEACE.

The loot:
Found Verdict (Shotgun)
Ass mats (Ass)

Wut? Why is drinking black coffee bad?
drinking black coffee is the only way to drink coffee

gdt

Just got something to say as someone who plays zero online games.

Doing The Raid today was incredible. It was 5 newbies being led by a raid veteran, and man, that level of teamwork, cooperation, and communication was something else. Gonna have to go down as one of my favorite gaming moments. I've never done anything like that. Can't wait for more content.

Plus I got a sweet Red Death from it :D.

Dante316

I think..we have lost it when we are counting down hours and minutes and seconds for xur and planning sleep schedules..
I can tell bungie employees reading this are smiling and going we got them..
and yea xur..bring that praxic when I wake up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom