• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full disclosure, I risked our one-and-done with him by shooting rockets from the bubble. I tried to stay as far forward and away from the rest of you as possible and luckily it went ok. But... it does so much fucking damage to him you guys omg. I can't go back. From now on, I'm gonna be an outside-the-bubble person and fire them Wolfpack rounds from safety, it's beyond worth it. We didn't even have Weapons of Light going...

And another joins the church of Gjalla. All praise be. Gjallaaahmen.

Oh great and powerful Cryptarch Lord.
Thank you for your blessing.
10710317_310409502499143_1547275606017800576_o.jpg

kkWxzTb.gif

Acorn

Ahh damn even with the upgrades still crazy recoil? :/
Yeah it's better and manageable at close range but anything further than across a room you'll need to fight with it to stay on target or feather it. At which point you'd be better off with shadow price since the rof is meaningless

Trojan

Welp, just finished an absolute cheese session on Phogoth....that door crack exploit means you can finish Nightfall in 20 min

montereyjack.jpg

phen0m24

Sorry Colonel et al, got caught up, will be on soon- no worries if you already did the weeklies

Hey maybe we can connect Friday night! Hooked up with Vibrations and Gen-hof and we did the Nightfall. Thanks guys!!! That was madness.

Got Heart of Praxic Fire, but already have Light Beyond Nemesis on my warlock alt. Thinking the chest piece is better, but then need a blue or purple helmet..

Decisions decisions.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey maybe we can connect Friday night! Hooked up with Vibrations and Gen-hof and we did the Nightfall. Thanks guys!!! That was madness.

Got Heart of Praxic Fire, but already have Light Beyond Nemesis on my warlock alt. Thinking the chest piece is better, but then need a blue or purple helmet..

Decisions decisions.
those are the two I have

nemesis pve, praxic pvp <3

Dante316

Decisions decisions.

If you are a warlock, praxic is the go to exotic armor. Other pieces can be occasionly worn.

Bug is used loosely in gamedev. We track anything that needs to be fixed as a bug, even if it's not a mistake/accident caused by typo or software glitch, it's still referred to as a bug.

Then call it poor design. Bug implies something is broken, whether it's by a glitch or by game mechanics failing.

Just because your playerbase quickly figures out how you designed the encounter with Aetheon to maximize success rate and minimize time investment does not mean it needs to be fixed.

It's akin to whining like a petulant child. "No fair! We meant for that to be super hard but they went and figured it out and now they beat it easily every time! We're gonna change it now!" stomp stomp stomp door slam

The Aetheon cheese is a bug in the sense that people are abusing game mechanics to circumvent the encounter entirely. But it was quite obvious from the get-go that the encounter was designed in a way where Aetheon would always teleport the 3 furthest players from him at any given time. If players are smart enough to figure that out and keep 3 people close and 3 people further so that they can plan their attack and guarantee that the same 3 players get teleported each time, so be it. It just means that the players beat the game, NOT that anything is broken.

TL ; DR - Fix the cheeses. Don't fix shit that isn't broken like the teleporting targets just because players are good at the game.

gdt

Got a Lucky Raspberry exotic chest piece, but equipping it means taking off a fully leveled Ghost Angel chest and taking off a nearly leveled Acyphiloge Symbiote and replacing that with a non leveled legendary helmet.

Lucky Rasberry seems pretty sweet though. Soon as I can maintain my level when I put it on I'm switching to that. Don't really like Golden Gun much anyway.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I must have had the best RNG this week, I still can't get over all the shit I got.

Raid Chest
Raid Boots
Raid Ship
Suros Regime
Praedyths Revenge
The Comedian
Plan C
Corrective Measure
Shadow Price
Bad JuJu
Arctic Proxy shader

Praise you RNGesus

Now just need to farm some mats and finish leveling my boots and chest and I'll be 30.

Dante316

there's a case to be made for voidfang vestments and honestly sunbreakers for all the crap xur gets selling them like popsicles.

Agreed, although sunbreakers are better than voidfang. I use them alot on pvp and benefits are there. Voidfang does look cooler :), I honestly use all my exotics but my lvl 30 warlock has 0 discipline and praxic would help tremendously.

HighOnPCP

Xur is gonna have the following items, calling it now:

Titan: No Backup Plans
Hunter: Skeletor arm
Warlock: Skull of Dire Ahamkara
Weapon: The Last Word
Engram: Helmet

Geneijin

Agreed, although sunbreakers are better than voidfang. I use them alot on pvp and benefits are there. Voidfang does look cooler :), I honestly use all my exotics but my lvl 30 warlock has 0 discipline and praxic would help tremendously.
I don't know man. 2 Solar Grenades is pretty darn nice!

My prediction... even though I have it already, it's time for another round of Gjallarhorn! More fireteams need access to it. Gjallar to the people baby

Gjallaaahmen.

It was my very first exotic, I spent all 17 of my hard-earned coins on it and I don't regret one penny :D

have more smileys :D :D :D

Yes, it really is, unless a Void burn is in town. I think some that question the majesty of Gjallarhorn are really missing out on what WOLFPACK ROUNDS actually do.

edit: Though this is primarily for bosses in PvE i'm talking. In PvP it's probably a wash.

special and heavy weapons are always 17 coins.

Actually even in PvP Gjalla is better overall IMHO. Truth can get you 1-2 kills with each shot more or less guaranteed b/c of the agressive tracking, but Gjalla can take out an entire team due to those wolfpack rounds. It's pretty sickening firing a rocket at a control point and seeing wolfpacks go around the corner to kill a guy that ran when he saw the blast coming.

"Heavy weapon in exotic slot? How often would you do that?!"

Exactly what far too many people thought. For me I was like 'fuck it, why not? what else am I gonna do with these coins and it'd be nice to have an exotic'.

I'm so, so, so glad I made that purchase. Best damn heavy weapon in the game, full stop. And with all the added heavy ammo perks on my Warlock's armor I have 8 rockets at full capacity, so best weapon PERIOD in the game, full stop, for me at least.

I'm scared to death they're gonna nerf it if he sells it again and it starts getting complaints from the PvP whiny babies. Almost don't want him to ever sell it again BECAUSE of that, but then my raid teams wouldn't have full access. Double-edged sword.

I don't know man. 2 Solar Grenades is pretty darn nice!

Haven't tried it by putting them back on since I went sunbro, but does anyone know if the extra grenade perk from the armor stacks with the one from the skill tree? If so you could have 3 grenades ready without even activating your super. Ummmm, carpet bomb anyone?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Sht i misheard. I thought you got all three!

(We were on same team btw) :)

Great raid. Went by without a hitch. Too bad we missed secret chest

Oh yeah lol. I got the gloves in like my first ever raid run, then I went 3 or so runs with no gear and got the two pieces tonight haha.

And yeah, for never raiding with you guys before, that went pretty damn well.

NastyBook

Fuuuuuuuuuuck, why did it all fall apart at the Gatekeeper? Fuck that, I'm doing this Daily, then I'm jumping on somebody else's raid. Bullshit...

Durden77

The ascendent shard description makes it seem like the best way to get them is from the crucible, but I haven't scored any yet. How often do they pop up? And what's a good way to nab them in general? I'm not really a big fan of the crucible so I'd kind of like to avoid it, but I can't find these damn things.

Dajanksta

Banned
The ascendent shard description makes it seem like the best way to get them is from the crucible, but I haven't scored any yet. How often do they pop up? And what's a good way to nab them in general? I'm not really a big fan of the crucible so I'd kind of like to avoid it, but I can't find these damn things.
Shards from my opinion are best gotten in the vault, weekly, I think daily?(on hard) and public events. Nothing matches the vault though if you get a decent drop or two toull end up with like 6-10

NastyBook

Raids, Dailies, Public Event farming, sharding Legendary gear that you don't need with Vanguard/Crucible marks.

Those are the different ways to get Ascendent Shards.

gatti-man

Public event 1 a day, do your daily mission, buy legendary stuff and dissassemble it. Run the raid. I got 21 shards off of hard mode in 1 run this week.

rayuma

Does anyone wanna cheese normal Atheon? Normally I'd run it legit but with my lvl 23 alt warlock I don't do any damage.

PS4

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I <3 you Atilac... i'll be home soon but at least you tried to get me into that goodness :(

If i don't make it in time keep me in mind if anyone drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom