• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

maomaoIYP

Agreed, although sunbreakers are better than voidfang. I use them alot on pvp and benefits are there. Voidfang does look cooler :), I honestly use all my exotics but my lvl 30 warlock has 0 discipline and praxic would help tremendously.

I play a void-lock in PvP and having a grenade with every spawn with voidfang is great for a high risk play style. In almost every game I'm certain to have more deaths than full super meters, so it makes much more sense to use voidfang.

Durden77

Shards from my opinion are best gotten in the vault, weekly, I think daily?(on hard) and public events. Nothing matches the vault though if you get a decent drop or two toull end up with like 6-10

Raids, Dailies, Public Event farming, sharding Legendary gear that you don't need with Vanguard/Crucible marks.

Those are the different ways to get Ascendent Shards.

Public event 1 a day, do your daily mission, buy legendary stuff and dissassemble it. Run the raid. I got 21 shards off of hard mode in 1 run this week.

Thanks. I'm level 25 so the raid's not really an option right now, but I'll try to buy some shit and hunt for public events. Can you get more than one a day from public events?

SnakeEyes

Banned
I've been so preoccupied with the changes in my work schedule this week, that I'd completely forgotten that Xur appears in 2hrs 50mins.

Bring me the Praxic Fire, you Cthulhu-lookalike!

The ascendent shard description makes it seem like the best way to get them is from the crucible, but I haven't scored any yet. How often do they pop up? And what's a good way to nab them in general? I'm not really a big fan of the crucible so I'd kind of like to avoid it, but I can't find these damn things.

Yeah the description is pretty misleading. I play a lot of Crucible and I nor anyone else on my team has ever gotten any ascendant mat. Even if they did playing Crucible is an awful way to get them.

Eh hard raid only gave me ass shards and the same sniper rifle I had..well it was a great raid guys, expect the damn gatekeeper part and the checkpoint issue we had :/

SnakeEyes

Banned
Dammit! I thought they were exclusive to legendary sparrows only.

Thanks for headsup. Would have wasted those coins
Nah, you use them on the Rare Sparrows you can buy from the likes of the Crucible/Vanguard etc. and they upgrade the Sparrow to a Legendary. But considering how easy it is to get the Raid Sparrow (just cheese Atheon) you may as well save those 23 Coins for something else.

Eh hard raid only gave me ass shards and the same sniper rifle I had..well it was a great raid guys, expect the damn gatekeeper part and the checkpoint issue we had :/

Yeah glad we stuck through it. Even with the doubled rewards I still haven't got a single piece of raid gear, the rest shards :( at least I got vision of confluence

Welp, got through the Nightfall with my level 25 Titan alt with one other person who was also under leveled for it (he was 27). The Ice Breaker has got to be the most versatile weapon in the game, no way I would have got through without it.

Midas

I started it monday and went through the story and made sure to do all the bounties. Get some friends to help you power through the toughies

Edit: put it in some perspective, it took 4 bounties that hand out 100/5000 to go from 19 to 20

Hmm. I should be able to do it in two days then, by doing that and running around killing mobs while farming.

SharkJAW

Finally got the mythoclast and it's...surprisingly not bad in PvP. If it was significantly better I would be completely unstoppable. As it stands now, it seems to be a formidable gun in skilled hands.

The mythoclast feels so alien and I love it. Wish there were more guns like it in the game.

Deku Tree

Finally got the mythoclast and it's...surprisingly not bad in PvP. If it was significantly better I would be completely unstoppable. As it stands now, it seems to be a formidable gun in skilled hands.

The mythoclast feels so alien and I love it. Wish there were more guns like it in the game.

Congrats SharkJAW!

Yeah glad we stuck through it. Even with the doubled rewards I still haven't got a single piece of raid gear, the rest shards :( at least I got vision of confluence
I hate the RNG..the VoC is pretty beastly, one of the best scout rifles in the game.
Thanks! Was a pleasure playing with you :)
Nice! And thanks for letting me joined in on the hard raid Deku Tree! Near the end it started to slow down a lot..but we made it, except that gatekeeper and checkpoint issues.

ZangBa

My friend I pushed some rocks and boxes into a hole. It was pretty fun.

5uRfk8p.jpg

TURBO1112

Yeah I have over 70 of strange coins and motes of light. I want G-Horn so bad, but he was selling a rocket last week so I doubt it will be there.

last word and universal remote are the only things I'd go for all 23 for. i want it to be gjallarhorn even though i have it already. the people deserve gjallarhorn

The Last Word and Patience and Time are the only guns I really want now. Well Hawkmoon too, but Xur won't sell that for obvious reasons.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Is it me, or does the Gjallahorn level up slower than any other weapon in the game? I went through two final upgrades on my Legendary Assault Rifle while my Gjallahorn got less than halfway through an upgrade. Sweet Jesus.

Midas

I just want something that I don't already have. :) Two hours left. It would be nice if you could visit Xür and other vendors within the app.

Is it me, or does the Gjallahorn level up slower than any other weapon in the game? I went through two final upgrades on my Legendary Assault Rifle while my Gjallahorn got less than halfway through an upgrade. Sweet Jesus.

Exotics level slower than Legendaries, weapons even more so than armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom