• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tekku

Xur is bringing The Last Word, Believe.

As much as I want that weapon I hope not. I'm tired of top-tier primaries being sold to everyone. Takes away the wow-factor when you actually meet someone with and it might cause debate about imbalance because there's so many users suddenly. Just look at the Suros.

As much as I want that weapon I hope not. I'm tired of top-tier primaries being sold to everyone. Takes away the wow-factor when you actually meet someone with and it might cause debate about imbalance because there's so many users suddenly. Just look at the Suros.

Man, you must hate games like Counter-Strike.

Geneijin

Pro tip (just discovered this) Vex Mythoclast can be used for the Overchage bounty (kill 2 enemies wiht a single fusion burst)
Wow, it really does work, and there's a weird multiplier at work. It seems like after the first 2 kills while holding the trigger to count as one burst, the bounty counts each additional kill as another killing spree... so killing 3 enemies counts as 2, killing 4 enemies counts as 3 and so forth. Thanks for the heads up.

SAiLO

Is it me, or does the Gjallahorn level up slower than any other weapon in the game? I went through two final upgrades on my Legendary Assault Rifle while my Gjallahorn got less than halfway through an upgrade. Sweet Jesus.
Exotic weapons take forever to level..

Pimpwerx

Wow, it really does work, and there's a weird multiplier at work. It seems like after the first 2 kills while holding the trigger to count as one burst, the bounty counts each additional kill as another killing spree... so killing 3 enemies counts as 2, killing 4 enemies counts as 3 and so forth. Thanks for the heads up.

You have to kill 2 or more enemies with 2 seconds, or something like that. I thought it was about overpenetrating rounds, but it's not. It's about getting multiple kills in a short window of time. I don't know if it's 2 seconds or 3 or 1, but that's how it goes. PEACE.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I think I'm near the end of my time with Destiny. I should get to 30 today and then all I want to do is the hard raid.

People who have hit 30 and done the hard raid, why are you still playing? Is it the loot? the PvP? Just curious. I knew I was getting a bit weary when I saw the weeklies and thought "I don't care, no way I'm doing that crappy strike for the 100th time."

Just to be clear (although hopefully it should be obvious) I actually think Destiny is a really good game and I've had some amazing moments with it - it just feels like I'm about to run out of content (which after 150 hours, is fair enough imo).

Loomba

I got the last word yesterday and I'm really not feeling it. It has low ammo capacity pretty much no accuracy, the hip fire bonuses aren't very good and the gloves on my titan block like 40% of the screen when it's firing, why do y'all like it so much? I'm I using it wrong?

I think I'm near the end of my time with Destiny. I should get to 30 today and then all I want to do is the hard raid.

People who have hit 30 and done the hard raid, why are you still playing? Is it the loot? the PvP? Just curious. I knew I was getting a bit weary when I saw the weeklies and thought "I don't care, no way I'm doing that crappy strike for the 100th time."

Just to be clear (although hopefully it should be obvious) I actually think Destiny is a really good game and I've had some amazing moments with it - it just feels like I'm about to run out of content (which after 150 hours, is fair enough imo).

i'm passively doing pve and pvp bounties and putting the experience towards factions and exotics. by passively i mean if it's a mission, strike or map i don't enjoy playing on, i don't bother with it.

i've settled into a decent routine:

tuesday - dailies, raids, weekly's, nightfall, then whatever else
wednesday - dailies, leftovers from yesterday (helping others on my alt, etc.)
thursday - dailies
friday - dailies, Xur, leftovers from the week, etc.
saturday - dailies
sunday - dailies
monday - dailies

what keeps the daily grind fresh for me is the size of my friend's list. i have at least 4 different groups i'll jump around between and then random groups, so every lobby is different.

it's enough to keep me logging on every day, if only for an hour or two. i've definitely already seen the content, but i'm more bored with the variety of the missions and gametypes themselves than the locations.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG

You know, I don't know.
Something about the gun game is fun.
Complaining about the loot system is fun.
Complaining about multiplayer is fun.

There's so much potential for this game, I love nitpicking it and making long ass posts of why it pisses me off so much.
Also, complaining with friends in the tower about what the tower could have been.
Getting the same legendary cloak that I had spent points/glimmer on (TWICE) from drops and engrams.
Getting weapons that are inherently worse than the ones you can just buy outright from vendors

etc

I love complaining.

But seriously; Started two new characters. Gonna get them to level 29.
Fuck hard mode raid. Finished my first this weekend. Got the helm, but that was the only hard specific drop I had (aside from the ship)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
so what, i say. this is just another way of saying it'll shake up the meta, and the meta could use a little shaking. just look at the suros indeed. if xur selling the last word results in a bunch of posts about the last word being OP I will laaaaugh and laugh.

I like the game play and playing with people.

Marvel

could never
hay.
ioLYSZ7kpOAzD.jpg

I remember a video when someone from the development team spoke about how it would show what a player have gone through in the world of destiny, equipment and weapons that would be hard to come by and only the most die hard gamers would have.

As it is now, everyone can buy these things almost, everyone is rocking exotics, everyone looks the same.

and as soon as anyone has some sort of awesome weapon, that is hard to come by, it seems a complaint is made to bungie to nerf those weapons. it´s like If I cant have it, then we need to nerf it

TTG

I know this is a stupid brag post, but I just blew out a mythoclast dude by 1100 points in Rumble. He was second, so it's not like it was an afk thing. Also got my first 15 kill streak earlier today waiting around for Xur, like I am now. All I have is a Grim Citizen too, ha.

EDIT: Twice in a row, by 500 points this time. Oh, I'm enjoying this

JJD

Anyone knows if Xur is up yet?

I got Hardlight from this week's nighfall, knowing my luck he is probably going to be selling it! Lol!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
i'm passively doing pve and pvp bounties and putting the experience towards factions and exotics. by passively i mean if it's a mission, strike or map i don't enjoy playing on, i don't bother with it.

i've settled into a decent routine:

tuesday - dailies, raids, weekly's, nightfall, then whatever else
wednesday - dailies, leftovers from yesterday (helping others on my alt, etc.)
thursday - dailies
friday - dailies, Xur, leftovers from the week, etc.
saturday - dailies
sunday - dailies
monday - dailies

what keeps the daily grind fresh for me is the size of my friend's list. i have at least 4 different groups i'll jump around between and then random groups, which keeps stuff i've already done fresh.

it's enough to keep me logging on every day, if only for an hour or two. i've definitely already seen the content, but i'm more bored with the variety of the missions and gametypes themselves than the locations.

You know, I don't know.
Something about the gun game is fun.
Complaining about the loot system is fun.
Complaining about multiplayer is fun.

There's so much potential for this game, I love nitpicking it and making long ass posts of why it pisses me off so much.
Also, complaining with friends in the tower about what the tower could have been.
Getting the same legendary cloak that I had spent points/glimmer on (TWICE) from drops and engrams.
Getting weapons that are inherently worse than the ones you can just buy outright from vendors

etc

I love complaining.

But seriously; Started two new characters. Gonna get them to level 29.
Fuck hard mode raid. Finished my first this weekend. Got the helm, but that was the only hard specific drop I had (aside from the ship)

I like the game play and playing with people.

Thanks for the answers!

Yeah, I get the social aspect and the gameplay is great. I think I'm just the kind of player who likes challenges / objectives more than anything. If there was a super hard raid I'd probably stay a bit longer.

Either way, the DLC will probably bring me back.

Really looking forward to reading Edge's review - even though I'm finally starting to lose interest, it's still been a great time.

Demetrius

Neo Member
I got an Ice Breaker, Suros Regime, and a legendary engram in under an hour from the crucible today.

I already got those weapons, but it still felt good.

Thanks for the answers!

Yeah, I get the social aspect and the gameplay is great. I think I'm just the kind of player who likes challenges / objectives more than anything. If there was a super hard raid I'd probably stay a bit longer.

Either way, the DLC will probably bring me back.

Really looking forward to reading Edge's review - even though I'm finally starting to lose interest, it's still been a great time.

here's to hoping trials of osiris opens up next month. if that lasts at least two weeks, it'll be great. should be a release date for DLC by then too.

BraXzy

I've never got a drop from PvP, that is madness.

Shitty blue armour is all I ever get.

You know, I realised the same thing yesterday. I've played a few hundred crucible matches, winning a good number of them, and still the best thing I've had drop is one or two legendary engrams. If Xur wasn't a thing, I'd probably only have one or two exotics.

will rage if he brings thunderlord.

don't want to see that all over PvP

As much as I like my Thunderlord I think my extended mag Swarm is better. The increased fire rate doesn't really creep in for a while and it's got a lower impact. Last night I went from 1000 to ending a game of rumble in the space of 2 minutes lol

BraXzy

As annoyed as I was about my third character getting the raid helmet first, it looks damn cool on my Warlock. Although I still haven't put a huge amount of time into my alts, and I only have one subclass levelled on each, I think my preference by class goes Hunter > Warlock > Titan.

You know, I realised the same thing yesterday. I've played a few hundred crucible matches, winning a good number of them, and still the best thing I've had drop is one or two legendary engrams. If Xur wasn't a thing, I'd probably only have one or two exotics.

i wouldn't have many either without xur or exotic bounties

x3 vex mythoclast - hard raid
x2 mida multitool - nightfall, hard raid
x2 suros regime - xur, nightfall
icebreaker - xur
truth - xur
red death - legendary engram from crucible
bad juju - exotic bounty
thorn - exotic bounty
pocket infinity - exotic bounty
super good advice - exotic bounty
invective - exotic bounty
plan c - tiger strike
hawkmoon - hard raid
monte carlo - crucible drop

not counting dupes, it would be cut in half. i'm sure my vault space would appreciate it since i only use a quarter of them regularly.
i didn't expect them to be so "common" though. or rather, i expected them to be rewards for incredible feats with the way bungie used to talk about them. like going into a dungeon to find a mysterious sword.

i'm not proud of what i had to do for it. but...

mj-laughing.gif

DJ88

Same here, it's crazy. The only exotics I have are from the bounties and Xur. Never gotten one from crucible, nightfall, tiger playlist, raid, engram, nothing.

Ha at the post above. I wish my exotic collection was cut to your bounty/Xur exempt list.

Question: Do people buy duplicates for alt characters or switch items between in the vault?

I've considered it but upgrading an exotic weapon is a horrendous pain in the ass already. Fuck doing it twice.

Used my Icebreaker plenty and I still haven't reached the damage column on the right.

Vault. The way I did it was vault until I got a raid set. I then transferred my old set to my alt. Now it has my backup weapons, so no more switching unless I'm leveling something via bounties.

Question: Do people buy duplicates for alt characters or switch items between in the vault?

I have some duplicates, and some weapons (maxed ones) are always stored in the vault, and i use them with all the characters when i need em, then they go back to the vault again.

TTG

Who here has sharded an exotic that was not redundant? I don't really need the materials, but Pocket Infinity is taking up space. I got it post-debuff and I can't rationalize keeping it in the inventory now that I was gifted a New Monarchy fusion with the same type of damage. Only reason it's going into the vault instead of the trash compactor is that it's yellow. The Purifier VII isn't just better, the difference in every category but reload is huge, over twice what Pocket Infinity offers in a couple of areas. And I'm never going to use the exotic enough to unlock full auto, off to the vault with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom