• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambitious

Seriously though, what an I supposed to do with two raid helmets when I've already got an exotic one? This is so annoying. Gonna keep the better one just in case and scrap the other one.

Is raid gear only dropped by Atheon or is there also a chance to find it in loot chests in the VoG?

Could anyone answer this, please? Unfortunately, we used an Atheon checkpoint, so I'm still missing the loot chests.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
You should have three characters so you always have a good number of strange coins every week
Yeah, ok, no. I have a life outside of gaming. Expecting people to make three characters, get them to 20 and then get fully leveled Legendary gear for all of them is ridiculous. That should not be required for anything.

Hedgey

Could anyone answer this, please? Unfortunately, we used an Atheon checkpoint, so I'm still missing the loot chests.

You can get raid armor after any "boss" reward. I think there's 4-5 times throughout the raid that happens. Never got any armor from a chest, just a class item or weapons.

Jinjo

Vanguard room, he had

Armamentarium
Crest of Alpha Lupi (hunter)
Voidfang vestments (lol)
Suros
Gauntlet engram (just when I don't have enough motes :()

I have a a feeling his gun loot table is set and limited to Suros, Red Death, Icebreaker, Gjallarhorn and Truth. When watching vids on the Xur timetravel glitch he never shows up with anything else.

Shito

Ok, good, only weapon I want is Gjallahorn, and I couldn't buy both an armor and a weapon.
Will buy alpha lupi for the swag, and try my luck at the gauntlet engram! (I'll probably get the titan ones I already have in the vault...)

JayEH

Damn, Suros was more expensive than anticipated. Only have 4 coins left! Time to watch everyone and their mother use this thing in PvP.

Raid gear could be in chests too, I think Atheon has some unique drops though.

I got a raid chest piece from completing the relic portal part before Atheon the other day so it's worth while doing it all if you can.

Spiders

Vanguard room, he had

Armamentarium
Voidfang vestments (lol)
Suros

I have a a feeling his gun loot table is set and limited to Suros, Red Death, Icebreaker, Gjallarhorn and Truth. When watching vids on the Xur timetravel glitch he never shows up with anything else.

I already have every item he's selling this week. Guess I might as well buy the Sparrow upgrade.

Vanguard room, he had

Armamentarium
Voidfang vestments (lol)
Suros

Son of a bitch. Really want that gauntlet engram since I don't have exotic gauntlets for any class.

Ambitious

You can get raid armor after any "boss" reward. I think there's 4-5 times throughout the raid that happens. Never got any armor from a chest, just a class item or weapons.

Yes, I realized I had forgotten about the other boss drops just after posting. Thanks. So there's still a chance.

BraXzy

i wouldn't have many either without xur or exotic bounties

x3 vex mythoclast - hard raid
x2 mida multitool - nightfall, hard raid
x2 suros regime - xur, nightfall
icebreaker - xur
truth - xur
red death - legendary engram from crucible
bad juju - exotic bounty
thorn - exotic bounty
pocket infinity - exotic bounty
super good advice - exotic bounty
invective - exotic bounty
plan c - tiger strike
hawkmoon - hard raid
monte carlo - crucible drop

You've had a decent amount through PvE kinda. Thinking about it.. I think non-Xur I have gotten:

Thunderlord - Nightfall
Plan C - Nightfall
Bad JuJu (lol) - Bounty

And I can't think of any others :/

I've considered it but upgrading an exotic weapon is a horrendous pain in the ass already. Fuck doing it twice.

Used my Icebreaker plenty and I still haven't reached the damage column on the right.

Good point, they are a nightmare to level.

I have some duplicates, and some weapons (maxed ones) are always stored in the vault, and i use them with all the characters when i need em, then they go back to the vault again.

I was thinking of doing this. I usually end the day on Destiny in the tower anyhow, good idea!

Nothing good with Xur this week as well, meh.

Only the raid helmet is dropped by hard difficulty atheon, everything else you can get from chests/drop on any difficulty.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
crest of alpha lupi is interesting, but I don't know how many builds I can support on my hunter and I don't know what I'd do with it.

exotic gauntlet engram is the headline this week. I have 18 motes. I wonder if there's any chance I can get another 28 by the time he leaves for two shots at ahamkara's spine. hooboy.
Young Ahamkara's Spine from the exotic Engram. Maybe I should start leveling my Hunter.
*foams at mouth*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom