• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatti-man

This is just a casual observation, but I'm convinced the drop rate of legendary engrams has been increased over the last little while. I've had four drop in the last couple of days, and I am usually lucky to get one every week or so with much more time spent.

Anyone else seeing this?

I havent seen a legendary engram in over a week. I spend most of my time in raids and weeklies for my 3 characters.

Oof...had a group of almost all 29 Gaffers do the hard mode raid this morning for first time. We only spent a little over an hour on it but we couldn't even advance past the Templar conflux checkpoint. Kept having one or more people die too consistently, which just makes it brutal if you're down to 4 people only.

Any tips on the best way to take on that part, or just hard mode in general? We have gotten good at normal raid but hard mode took our lunch the first time.

Hard mode raid becomes ridiculously easier when everyone is level 30. At 29 you are taking 32% more damage and hitting mobs for 32% less damage (42% at 28).

Second is weapon selection. It really, really helps to have some void weapons for use against the minotaur shields. Without that people die as it takes too long to get their shield down before they get into melee range.

Its pretty sad that armor has little real effect on the game other than making sure you hit the right light level. Someone who has crappy all strength gear but is light level 30 is ridiculously better to take than someone who has lovingly min/maxed their gear stats and is 100% on int/str but only level 29.

Likewise someone who has a void machine gun or rocket launcher is going to be better than someone using a fire exotic rocket launcher.

I posted a link to the VoG door trick two pages back, basically you can solo open the door and grab the first chest (and get to confluxes if you so desire). It is a little tricky and requires some practice, you want to see the spire is being formed message but NOT the vex are taking control of a plate. As long as you haven't looted the chest this week on that character you can still grab it, I got 4 extra ass shards from doing it on two characters who cheesed templar/atheon but didn't do the rest of the raid.

Alucrid

Banned
Hard mode raid becomes ridiculously easier when everyone is level 30. At 29 you are taking 32% more damage and hitting mobs for 32% less damage (42% at 28).

Second is weapon selection. It really, really helps to have some void weapons for use against the minotaur shields. Without that people die as it takes too long to get their shield down before they get into melee range.

Its pretty sad that armor has little real effect on the game other than making sure you hit the right light level. Someone who has crappy all strength gear but is light level 30 is ridiculously better to take than someone who has lovingly min/maxed their gear stats and is 100% on int/str but only level 29.

Likewise someone who has a void machine gun or rocket launcher is going to be better than someone using a fire exotic rocket launcher.

I posted a link to the VoG door trick two pages back, basically you can solo open the door and grab the first chest (and get to confluxes if you so desire). It is a little tricky and requires some practice, you want to see the spire is being formed message but NOT the vex are taking control of a plate. As long as you haven't looted the chest this week on that character you can still grab it, I got 4 extra ass shards from doing it on two characters who cheesed templar/atheon but didn't do the rest of the raid.

yeah, not true. gjallarhorn easily beats out any other heavy

E92 M3

Why the fuck did the Heroic Story bounties get nerfed? They used to give 100 rep/5000 exp, but all of the sudden they give 50 rep/2500 exp. The only reason I even bothered doing most of them was because of the 100 rep/5000 exp, now I can't be arsed anymore.

This isn't the first time Bungie has pulled this shit, a couple of bounties rep/exp amounts were nerfed soon after the games release. Yes Bungie, I fucking noticed.

Why in the world did they change the story/strike bounties to 50/2500 instead of 100/5000?

Urgh.

Yep - pissed me off too. Goodness forbid that we level up our weapons in a timely fashion. Such a useless move that did no favors for Bungie.

I'll be inviting in 5 min

1. Casmith7509 29 hunter
2. EinFurDieDamen. Titan
3. Exhumed1
4. ComputermkII
5.Qwell
6. Keltin99

I'm running this again so hopefully some of you that I missed can get in. Gotta start quick though I don't have too much time.

If you have room for a second run, I'm up for it. Lvl 29 Hunter with fully upgraded primaries and Heavies.

^A bit pissed off to hear there's even less incentive to run through the story missions.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
LAWL

HLjz1SP.png
wolfpack rounds don't give a shit

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yep - pissed me off too. Goodness forbid that we level up our weapons in a timely fashion. Such a useless move that did no favors for Bungie.
ermmm. heh. I always thought the bounty rewards for those story missions were dependent on the individual bounty (i.e. the level/difficulty of the mission it was for)

perhaps I am crazy

The_Monk

My good GAFfers was there any recent discussion about how or when will they implement changes that will let players go above level 30? I'm not level 30 yet but I was just wondering. perhaps having more than one piece of exotic armour equipped? Same with weapons too? I'm not aware if there was any recent discussions regarding this so I'm sorry if this has been discussed before.

Also, does anyone know when the first DLC will hit, what will have and if it's for the Season Pass owners?

Why the fuck did the Heroic Story bounties get nerfed? They used to give 100 rep/5000 exp, but all of the sudden they give 50 rep/2500 exp. The only reason I even bothered doing most of them was because of the 100 rep/5000 exp, now I can't be arsed anymore.

This isn't the first time Bungie has pulled this shit, a couple of bounties rep/exp amounts were nerfed soon after the games release. Yes Bungie, I fucking noticed.

Scrap the Light/Beware and go get the Solar damage version from the Vanguard Vendor.

Why in the world did they change the story/strike bounties to 50/2500 instead of 100/5000?

Urgh.

When did the bounties get nerfed? If you guys are referring to the sword of crota bounty from today, that one has always been 2500.
ermmm. heh. I always thought the bounty rewards for those story missions were dependent on the individual bounty (i.e. the level/difficulty of the mission it was for)

perhaps I am crazy
I believe you're right.

Yaari

VoG question, should it say Unknown Rewards when I already cheesed Atheon?

Also the door trick just worked on my Titan, but my Warlock was locked inside near Templar. How do I get him at the starting area again?

JayEH

Wondering if I'll ever get Pocket Infinity...Got the bounty over a week ago and only have 4 rare fusion rifles dismantled. Gunsmith refuses to sell them when I'm on.

Just got a second Swarm. Though this time with Solar damage (the first was Arc). I'd rather have a different machine gun for the sake of variety, but that's the one damage type I was missing, so for the time being I'm going to keep it.

The low ROF machine guns are most useful in nightfalls where the corresponding damage type is needed. They're more efficient for taking out swarms of enemies since one shot is usually enough to kill and you have more control.

HighOnPCP

Someone posted a youtube video of doing a certain thing
Here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVkb2Y8yXr4

If the spire builds and gate is still closed do this sparrow glitch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX8BLfRsf8Q

So yeah the chest still spawns

My Hunter (28) & Titan (27) both missed first chest, so that's why I went to see
It took a few tries of going back to orbit, but it works

Regarding the second link you posted, they fixed it. You can still get in but the doorway where the first chest would be located is shut, can't go further. You can probably still get to the templar area via the hidden route but as a Warlock I can't even get there I just keep floating to my death lol.

JayEH

Can you get the first loot chest again on hard? I think I read somewhere you can't get loot from it again.

Fake edit: Nvm, I see you can't get loot from any of the chests again, that's really dumb.

so for the raid, should i use the truth or gjallarhorn saying that both would be fully upgraded. I know truth is void damage but i've been seeing a lot of gjallarhorn being used in raid videos.

EL CUCO

That was one interesting Raid. Had a fun time but getting Ass energies for the complete run feels baaaad man.

Destiny needs a mad/sad/dissapointed emote. Maybe he kicks a rock or something.

Exhumed

Anyone want to cheese Templar hard?

You'll get Templar loot and the 3 chests afterwards?

Super easy, I just need a couple sun singers and preferably titans with armamentum. It's not even necessary just makes it go quicker.

I'll be doing this twice.

1. Casmith7509 29 hunter
2. EinFurDieDamen. Titan
3. Exhumed1
4. ComputermkII
5.Qwell
6. Keltin99

Tons of shards, Hawkmoon, and Preadyth's Revenge! Awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom