• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisOne

Anyone on PS4 want to do the weekly Strike on either level 26 or 28? I Need 8 more coins for Xur before he disappears this week.

KZObsessed

For anyone who has done the Templar HM and Atheon HM cheeses on all their characters, you can spend an extra 3 minutes per character and open the first chest for some extra shards/energy.

You can solo the gate opening by using this little zone trick, basically you start the spire build and run into the next zone, that despawns all enemies. Wait the 1:40 it takes for the spire to build, and zone back. At that point the beam hits the door and it opens (if you are close enough), and places the first chest.

http://youtu.be/dVkb2Y8yXr4

I guess you can do it as well to skip the open stuff in a regular raid group, but if your group can't open the door you probably won't get far anyways.

I just tried this on hard mode, kind of worked. But after I went back the enemies spawned, spire disappeared and door closed. Went back to orbit to try again and it triggered the Templar checkpoint doh. Can't do that solo!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Please explain
When you drive to that cave, make sure you walk far enough that it loads the next section (Camp 9, I think it's called). Then walk back and wait a minute or two and drive over. I think what happens is that it fucks up the server so that it spawns the tower, but not the minotaurs.

It's similar to the infinite chest "trick".

jay23

Gambled on engram, wanted sunbreakers or ahamkara.

xFhz31O.jpg

Guess I should start working on my titan class.

Should I buy the Titan chest Xur is selling?

So after extensive use in Crucible with both Thorn and Bad Juju I really hope they don't overbuff Thorn too much.

That gun is a beast as it stands now, I'd hate to see them make it a "cheap" weapon in PvP by making it overpowered. Maybe just bump the mag up to 7 and make the reload a tiny bit faster but that's the max they should go.

As for Bad Juju...I don't have it completely leveled up yet but yeesh, it sucks. It's reload is nice and the gun feels good but otherwise it's junk. Its mag size kills it and I think that's everyone's biggest complaint. The range is ass too. I don't know, I'm a big pulse rife fan but I'll probably wait til Red Death makes it's round again from Xur.

Fitts

Should I buy the Suros? Already have maxed out shadow price.

Your call. I have both and pre-patch my maxed Shadow Price was hitting for 370 crit PVE damage and I was seemingly out-DPSing Suros users in PVP. Post-patch, it does 309 and Suros users are out-DPSing me.

FYI, mine is from a drop that gives me persistence, spray and play, field scout, (for PVE) and perfect balance. (for PVP) I've had three Shadow Price drops and really can't think of one that would be more ideal, but the Suros is still objectively better.

Hand cannons are better than auto rifles anyway. ;)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I really don't think so, but I guess we'll see tomorrow.

lol just got it, this bounty is to kill banok, ur prince, it's before you even get into the shrine let alone the sword part, not even a respawn restricted area. it isn't worth more than 2500xp... but who knows. if none are ever 5000xp again, strike me down

gatti-man

So after extensive use in Crucible with both Thorn and Bad Juju I really hope they don't overbuff Thorn too much.

That gun is a beast as it stands now, I'd hate to see them make it a "cheap" weapon in PvP by making it overpowered. Maybe just bump the mag up to 7 and make the reload a tiny bit faster but that's the max they should go.

As for Bad Juju...I don't have it completely leveled up yet but yeesh, it sucks. It's reload is nice and the gun feels good but otherwise it's junk. Its mag size kills it and I think that's everyone's biggest complaint. The range is ass too. I don't know, I'm a big pulse rife fan but I'll probably wait til Red Death makes it's round again from Xur.

Dont touch thorn at all in pvp. Its pretty damn op to two shot people. Its one of if not the strongest pvp weapon in the right hands.

mstevens

lol just got it, this bounty is to kill banok, ur prince, it's before you even get into the shrine let alone the sword part, not even a respawn restricted area. it isn't worth more than 2500xp... but who knows. if none are ever 5000xp again, strike me down

Well, I thought the Stike missions used to be 100/5000 too and the Archon Priest (which is the last boss) is only 50/2500 this week.

Pocket Infinity. SGA is an easy exotic to nab, but it's not that great of a Machine Gun/Exotic due to the shit stability. Better off using the ZAWF47 or The Swarm legendaries.

Thanks, I'll go with that. I think I skipped it last time it popped up because I was too low level for nightfall, but that's definitely doable now.

Gjallahorn, no question.

I have a fully upgraded G, and it's awesome.

But why would you think the G is better than Truth for VoG?

Since I've not used Truth there yet I'd be curious to know...especially since Truth holds three rockets and tracks just like the G.

What makes G better?

Fitts

That's exactly what I'm hoping for, but think the mag should go up by more than that or add a field scout option to bring it to, I don't know, 10 rounds. I love Thorn as-is for PVP, but I just can't get anything done with it in higher level PVE content.

Fitts

I don't understand..are you saying Thorn is OP in crucible and therefore you don't use it?

I'm confused.

No, he means that Bungie shouldn't buff it at all for PVP.

EDIT: And I don't find it to be OP. I sucked when I first started using Thorn, but I learned the weapon and now it's more than just my "fun gun." It's not one of the weapons that will instantly improve your k/d ratio. (ex: Mythoclast)

NeOak

Anyone doing a teaching run for the raid? Just tell me when and if I can bring a non gaffer friend.

This is for PS4.

Fitts

Ahhh...thanks :)

I had no idea Thorn was viable for PvP. What makes it so good?

For starters, it's a hand cannon. Aim for the head and watch the bodies drop.

The "poison" is unique and absolutely awesome for racking up assists/post mortems. It's also hilarious to pop a couple shots off and run into cover as they die or even make them watch you dance as their remaining health ticks away if you get the drop on them.

Man, this online is so fucked. Who the fuck thought that Suros Regime would be good thing to put on Xurs marketplace?

Those nerfs they put out dont do shit. The same problems persist with specific gun classes being absolutely useless. Its still dominate guardian classes and still dominate gun classes. I just got a rare pulse rifle I like and its pointless to even try and use it because I'll end up doing poorly every match. Ugh.

For starters, it's a hand cannon. Aim for the head and watch the bodies drop.

The "poison" is unique and absolutely awesome for racking up assists/post mortems. It's also hilarious to pop a couple shots off and run into cover as they die or even make them watch you dance as their remaining health ticks away if you get the drop on them.

So it's a LoLCanon then? I like that :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man, this online is so fucked. Who the fuck thought that Suros Regime would be good thing to put on Xurs marketplace?

Those nerfs they put out dont do shit. The same problems persist with specific gun classes being absolutely useless. Its still dominate guardian classes and still dominate gun classes. I just got a rare pulse rifle I like and its pointless to even try and use it because I'll end up doing poorly every match. Ugh.

pulse rifles are the outlier. you can main hand cannon, shotgun, fusion rifle, scout rifle and a variety of auto rifles besides suros that free up your exotic slot. or mythoclast I suppose. no one thought about the effect it would have on the meta, it's just random. it's better now than it was before the nerf, when even less of the options were viable in the fact of a good ar.

i don't know what to do with pulse rifles.

who are the unbalanced classes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom