• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

excowboy

Woop - I'm down for Light Beyond Nemesis - helmet is the only piece of legendary gear I don't have so I'll skip straight to the exotic.

WITHE1982

Oh shit, i´m gonna buy Truth

tumblr_inline_mt6c71PykL1s42mq7.gif

...sorry I had to.

Yes. Might be best RL in the game. Seeks strong, and the predetonation maximizes blast radius. It was my first exotic. PEACE.

I can't see how it would possibly be better than Gjallarhorn. I can one-shot Praetorians with the Gjallarhorn in the raid if I get a direct hit due to all the smaller seaker rockets that come out after the initial explosion, and it can clear out an area of smaller enemies (Templar summons his legions, for example) just as good as a warlock nova bomb. It's godlike. The fact that it's fire damage and still wrecks void-shielded Praetorians is very telling.

The void damage is nice, but I've never used it so I dunno if Truth has any other perks that would negate the inherent awesomeness that is Gjallarhorn.

Nope.

ALL STR. :I

Eh, beats having an over-abundance of DEX. That force barrier you get from punching an enemy is a godsend at times if you're running sunsinger.

But all this talk of a new helm just reminds me that I'll have to do bounties and farm materials for it. Fucking hell Bungie.

I'll probably just buy it and throw it in my vault, praying for a patch that negates the stupid ass grind to upgrade things. If the patch never comes, I'll probably never wear it.

(Bad DEX-heavy stats) > (Grinding to upgrade more gear)

Gsnap

I'm torn! Do I go with the rocket launcher or the warlock helm? The helm is strength which sucks but I really want to get leveled up so I can do more stuff. And the launcher is good but I'd rather have gjallargorn if it ever shows up for me

jbortz78

Need some help, i have the queens helmet for my warlock, is the Xur helmet a viable uppgrade?

And also Will soon have 150 V marks and finallåt be able to uppgrade my rare primary to legendary one, is shadow price still the best choice since the nerf to A.rifles?

CaptDjob

Neo Member
Xur really loves us Titans. He has given us almost all of the exotic armor in the game now. A new thing almost every week.

Well, i have waited two weeks for arm or legs so dissappointed. I have fully upgraded helmet ja chest so not keen to scrap them.

So saved my coins.

3 people in my fireteam, including myself, bought the exotic engram. Every single one of us got the Armamentarium chest that he's currently selling.

What the fuck? Is it glitched or something?

I'm torn! Do I go with the rocket launcher or the warlock helm? The helm is strength which sucks but I really want to get leveled up so I can do more stuff. And the launcher is good but I'd rather have gjallargorn if it ever shows up for me

Get the RL if you don't have a Gjallarhorn. Trust me. Running the raid with a huge DPS weapon at level 29 beats running the raid without said weapon at 30.

I've run a few raids with full groups of 29s but none of them had a good RL, and they were all green with envy when I was blasting praetorians and minotaurs out of existence in one shot while they peppered them with LMGs. I even ran it on my hunter when it was level 27, and that rocket launcher was still making short work of everything in sight.

Besides, if you level up vanilla legendaries from the Vanguard QM and get just ONE raid piece from normal, you can get to level 29, which is enough to run the raid on Hard, so there's no need for the Light Beyond Nemesis. You might get lucky and join a group on Hard at the Aetheon checkpoint and get the raid helmet, too.

Fistwell

Is there a particular benefit in purchasing additional exotic armor parts after you got one for each char/class? Upgrades/procs making a big difference? Get tons of ass shards from salvage? Just wondering.

dengatron

Decided to buy the titan chestpiece. Apparently it's pretty good.

optimal piece to wear with full raid gear imo. i use it over inmost light because inmost light does almost nothing for you in the raid or nighfall, where as 2 lightning grenades are beast

Ken

Decided to buy the titan chestpiece. Apparently it's pretty good.

Mmm, yeah I think so. Strikers at least have some really powerful grenades and getting two is amazing. I'll be sad to see my Inner Light helm go away for sure though. :(

I dont have the math but i know its almost instant when using super. I was popping off grenades almost as fast as i could hit the button.

I know it's blazing, but I also have max discipline, so I'm wondering if I should shelve my Praxic Fire for now, and work on Nemesis.

I think i'll test it out in a bit.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
People need to realise that Gjallarhorn is the best thing about Destiny😄

Disappointed it's a warlock helm. I wanted Sunbreakers - miss them every time!

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Oh great, of course Xur is putting up the only piece of Warlock gear I found that he hadn't sold yet instead of anything actually useful like the Skull of Dire Ahamkara or the Heart of Praxic Fire.

I kind of want to get one of the Sparrow upgrades, but then I'll of course get the Timebreaker from the Raid because this game just hates me like that.

;-(

Paertan

Probably gonna buy that Titan Chest. Looks like it could be good.
I already have Truth and both other Helmets he is selling.

Trakan

Bought 3 chest engrams trying to get Crest of the Alpha Lupi for the Hunter. I got a second Lucky Raspberry and 2 Heart of the Praxis Fire. God my luck is terrible.

JohnIIVII

I know it's blazing, but I also have max discipline, so I'm wondering if I should shelve my Praxic Fire for now, and work on Nemesis.

I think i'll test it out in a bit.

Yeah i shelved it due to the fact that i just didnt like the look of it with any shaders lol! I have nemesis which is ok, but normally run sunbreakers for sunsinger or void fang vestements for voidwalker

Key2001

Spent the coins to get Armamentarium for my Titan and got Heart of the Praxic Fire from the Engram for my Warlock. Still considering getting Truth and the Hunter helm, although I will probably pass on the helm since I am planning on only using him (once leveled up) for a 3rd Nightfall/Heroic Weekly run.

Oh great, of course Xur is putting up the only piece of Warlock gear I found that he hadn't sold yet instead of anything actually useful like the Skull of Dire Ahamkara or the Heart of Praxic Fire.

I kind of want to get one of the Sparrow upgrades, but then I'll of course get the Timebreaker from the Raid because this game just hates me like that.

;-(

Should get the upgrade anyway and apply it to the Timebreaker when you eventually get it. And lemme tell you. Even without upgrade Timebreaker is pretty awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom