• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt knucklehead radar the better option with the radar perk et al?

It's only with primaries and I don't think holding ADS down for a moment longer than necessary is a good idea in pvp imo. In pve the effect is worthless as nothing really springs you outside of minotaurs which charge at you like a bull anyway. Hard to miss. It's kind of useful but I've gotten way more mileage out of my extra golden gun shot. I used Knucklehead for a couple weeks.

In looks though Knucklehead > Third Man > Achowaeklanfs

XBP

Bought a armor engram from xur and it ended up being for a different class. I honestly give up now. I've had the worst luck with this game yet.

KeRaSh

I think I'll go for the Warlock helmet in case I never get the raid helmet. That way I could still reach Lv 30 with all other raid pieces (which I also don't have, haha).
I prefer the look of the Skull helmet but at least this one is neutral for me as a Sunbro.

oh, i didn't see the weapon on sale was the truth. i got that from my first raid i did monday. that's good, i can save my coins for a rainy day.

Bought a armor engram from xur and it ended up being for a different class. I honestly give up now. I've had the worst luck with this game yet.

when i buy the engram from xur, i'm honestly only expecting to break it down for shards or energy. with that perspective, i am never angry.

Daemul

I'm interested in buying the Armamentarium, but Lord, wearing it would mean I would have to wear that ugly ass Raid helmet. Fuck it, I'm buying Truth instead.

My Striker Titan is ready for war with 2x grenades:

I refuse to wear that helmet until it gets a redesign. Any extra grenade isn't worth looking like a walking can opener.

Carn82

It's only with primaries and I don't think holding ADS down for a moment longer than necessary is a good idea in pvp imo. In pve the effect is worthless as nothing really springs you outside of minotaurs which charge at you like a bull anyway. Hard to miss. It's kind of useful but I've gotten way more mileage out of my extra golden gun shot. I used Knucklehead for a couple weeks.

In looks though Knucklehead > Third Man > Achowaeklanfs

Thanks for the input; makes sense :) To be honest I'm not a big fan of all three of them :/

JackHerer

I like Hard Light, but even before the nerf it wasn't that much of a heavy hitter and more of a bullet hose. The fact that your bullets ricochet mean that even the ones that don't hit an enemy can damage one, but it's not precise at all. I'm looking for something to complement mine.

By the way, does anyone have a checkpoint for Atheon on Hard mode on the Xbone? Let me know, I want to try cheesing it with a few friends, we've always done it legit. :lol

Hard Light feels like what an SMG would be like if their was an SMG weapon type in this game. Shorter range than other ARs and high RoF. I haven't used it in PvP and not sure when I will because I'm more of a hand cannon guy (I <3 Hawkmoon).

The effect of Mask of the Third Man is damn near useless in PVE as Bladedancing is a death sentence to anything above trash. It looks cool though, I'll give it that.

You can give it a shot but it reads right there that it applies to rare sparrows. Are you willing to find out?

Doesn't it say rare OR higher?

And I would if I had enough coins :(

This reminds me. What grenades can OHK in this game? Feels like it happens to me a lot but as far as I can tell none of the Hunter nades can do this.

My Titan's sticky nades can usually do it, even though they technically explode twice. First damage lowers their health and second explosion takes 'em down. Only works when they get stuck, though.

Fuck just looked at that Light Beyond Nemesis. It's pretty much garbage if you ask me. Regaining health when you pick up orbs MIGHT be useful in certain very select situations, but rarely. Reviving fallen teammates faster is trash in the raid, at least in good groups, because people aren't down that often anyway (and you can't revive anyone on Hard, period).

So the Dire Skull is still pretty much the only exotic warlock helm worth a damn. Even Apotheosis Veil is better than Light Beyond if you ask me, except for the way it looks (bubble head). Guess I'll be sticking with my praxic fire chest or sunbreaker gauntlets, lol.

This reminds me. What grenades can OHK in this game? Feels like it happens to me a lot but as far as I can tell none of the Hunter nades can do this.

gunslinger's tripmine
bladedancer's flux grenade
defender's magnetic grenade
sunsinger's fusion grenade

am sure there are others if you stay in their AoE.

Fuck just looked at that Light Beyond Nemesis. It's pretty much garbage if you ask me. Regaining health when you pick up orbs MIGHT be useful in certain very select situations, but rarely. Reviving fallen teammates faster is trash in the raid, at least in good groups, because people aren't down that often anyway (and you can't revive anyone on Hard, period).

So the Dire Skull is still pretty much the only exotic warlock helm worth a damn. Even Apotheosis Veil is better than Light Beyond if you ask me, except for the way it looks (bubble head). Guess I'll be sticking with my praxic fire chest or sunbreaker gauntlets, lol.

i want the golden gun helmet but it's ugly as fuck. hate choosing between aesthetics and stats

All right, I'm too lazy to do in depth math, but here's my conclusion, for those Warlocks who care. I'm testing to see how many grenades I get with and without Heart of the Praxic Fire during the duration of the Sunsinger Super. Also, it's late, and I suck at math, as I'm just quickly rushing this test. I might be wrong with my results.

I AM NOT using the perk that gives me two grenades.

Radiance + 334 Discipline (100% CD) + Heart of The Praxic Fire = 8 3/4 Grenades

Radiance + 276 Discipline (100% CD) + NO Heart of Praxic Fire = 7 1/4 Grenades

CONCLUSION: At least with max Discipline, the difference between the cooldowns is worth 2 grenades. However, about 1 grenades worth of that difference is from the last seconds of Radiance, where the cooldown was refreshing the grenade, but didn't finish.

TL;DR: You're only missing out on about one grenade.

So I have a load of vanguard marks burning a hole in my pocket. Thinking about picking up a primary weapon because I'm currently using Bad Seed Down and not feeling it. Looking at either Shadow Price or one of the scout rifles. Worth it?

Also, hey gaf! First timer here!

Can anyone rate these three RLs against the other please?

Gjallahorn
Truth
Hexen Vengeance

Gjallarhorn > God >>>>>>>>>>>> Hexen Vengeance > Truth

Gjallarhorn is best exotic in the game. Hexen Vengeance is ahead of Truth because it holds 3 shells, has nearly maxed blast radius and velocity, small explosive shell detonation, and oracle bonus. Only downside is its slow rate of fire. It'd otheriwise rival Gjallarhorn if it had Truth's homing.

JayEH

So I have a load of vanguard marks burning a hole in my pocket. Thinking about picking up a primary weapon because I'm currently using Bad Seed Down and not feeling it. Looking at either Shadow Price or one of the scout rifles. Worth it?

Yeah Shadow Price is pretty good and the scout rifles just got a buff so they should be good in PVE.

Gjallarhorn is best exotic in the game. Hexen Vengeance is ahead of Truth for 3 shells, nearly maxed blast radius and velocity, and small shell detonation. It'd rival Gjallarhorn if it had homing.

Agreed.

Love my Hexan, 3 rounds in the tube makes a huge difference imo, especially in PvP.

Got the blast radius maxed in mines too.

Would swap in a heartbeat for Gjallahorn tho.

I have both Vanguard scout rifles and they are fantastic, everyone and their dog seems to love Shadow Price so it seems like a safe bet.
Personally, I recommend The Devil You Know. It's hands down my favourite gun in the game.
Until I get The Last Word or Hawkmoon (but I won't get Hawkmoon cos I'm Xbox)

Zakalwe

Banned

Gjallarhorn is best exotic in the game. Hexen Vengeance is ahead of Truth because it holds 3 shells, has nearly maxed blast radius and velocity, small explosive shell detonation, and oracle bonus. Only downside is its slow rate of fire. It'd otheriwise rival Gjallarhorn if it had Truth's homing.

So the only reason Hezen is behind Gjallahorn is the lack of homing? Or does Gjallahorn hit harder too?

I bought Truth anyway as I needed a void RL to complete my heavy set and I had the coins spare.

Truth can do this

That does look fun. Need a legendary hand cannon to replace TLW if I run it though... Soon.

I find that because of the one exotic weapon equipped at a time limitation, my inventory space is super cramped. Nine spaces isn't really enough. Any chance Bungie increases bag space?

#firstworldproblems

Can anyone rate these three RLs against the other please?

Gjallahorn
Truth
Hezen Vengeance

Truth can do this

Yeah Truth > Gjallarhorn for a single target in PvP, but I've seen Gjallarhorns take out 4-5 players in one shot. It really is like having a super available All. The. Time. in PvE, and having multiple supers in pvp provided you grab the heavy ammo and don't die.

I'd probably be torn between the two in PvP, but in PvE Gjallarhorn owns all. It is THE best exotic in the game for PvE, with Icebreaker 2nd place only because you have to get crits to make it worth its weight.

Icebreaker crits Aetheon for ~13,000dmg at level 30 on Normal raid, but if you don't crit then Gjallarhorn will out DPS it.

As to the poster's question, I'd say Gjallarhorn > Hezen Vengeance > Truth. I'd put Truth above Hezen Vengeance only when talking about the raid b/c Truth *should* be stronger against Minotaurs/Praetorians.

So the only reason Hezen is behind Gjallahorn is the lack of homing? Or does Gjallahorn hit harder too?

I bought Truth anyway as I needed a void RL to complete my heavy set and I had the coins spare.

That does look fun. Need a legendary hand cannon to replace TLW if I run it though... Soon.

Hezen would be the perfect legendary rocket launcher if it had homing. Once you've used one with homing, it's hard to give it up. Gjallarhorn is better because of that and wolfpack rounds. Without wolfpack, Hezen would be slightly better.

Gsnap

Get the RL if you don't have a Gjallarhorn. Trust me. Running the raid with a huge DPS weapon at level 29 beats running the raid without said weapon at 30.

I've run a few raids with full groups of 29s but none of them had a good RL, and they were all green with envy when I was blasting praetorians and minotaurs out of existence in one shot while they peppered them with LMGs. I even ran it on my hunter when it was level 27, and that rocket launcher was still making short work of everything in sight.

Besides, if you level up vanilla legendaries from the Vanguard QM and get just ONE raid piece from normal, you can get to level 29, which is enough to run the raid on Hard, so there's no need for the Light Beyond Nemesis. You might get lucky and join a group on Hard at the Aetheon checkpoint and get the raid helmet, too.

Good advice, but honestly. I love the way the helmet looks, so I got it. I'll have time to get another rocket launcher eventually. But I would have had time to get another helmet eventually too, so I guess I didn't really matter ultimately.

But I want wings on my head!

Steroyd

Are there any better exotic Warlock helmets, this one feels Meh, but I feel I need to buy one, because raid gear helmets sounds rare unless I do hard raid, which I'm apprehensive to do unless my char is 29.

Zakalwe

Banned
Do how much. More powerful is Gjallahorn than Hezen?

Is it just the tracking it has on it, or does it hit much harder too?

Edit: thanks Zoba.

Hezen would be the perfect legendary rocket launcher if it had homing. Once you've used one with homing, it's hard to give it up. Gjallarhorn is better because of that and wolfpack rounds. Without wolfpack, Hezen would be slightly better.

So I take it wolf pack rounds out damage Hezen's Mirv Mini cluster bombs?

I'd really love to see some number crunching about dps difference between the two. Would test myself if I hadn't stupidly passed on Gjallahorn. ;_;

Are there any better exotic Warlock helmets, this one feels Meh, but I feel I need to buy one, because raid gear helmets sounds rare unless I do hard raid, which I'm apprehensive to do unless my char is 29.

One that regenerates your health when you use your super, and one that makes you tankier when you use Nova Bomb.

Get the RL if you don't have a Gjallarhorn. Trust me. Running the raid with a huge DPS weapon at level 29 beats running the raid without said weapon at 30.

I've run a few raids with full groups of 29s but none of them had a good RL, and they were all green with envy when I was blasting praetorians and minotaurs out of existence in one shot while they peppered them with LMGs. I even ran it on my hunter when it was level 27, and that rocket launcher was still making short work of everything in sight.

Besides, if you level up vanilla legendaries from the Vanguard QM and get just ONE raid piece from normal, you can get to level 29, which is enough to run the raid on Hard, so there's no need for the Light Beyond Nemesis. You might get lucky and join a group on Hard at the Aetheon checkpoint and get the raid helmet, too.

yep, everyone should bring a good rocket launcher to the raid. praetorians don't stand a chance.

Bought 3 chest engrams trying to get Crest of the Alpha Lupi for the Hunter. I got a second Lucky Raspberry and 2 Heart of the Praxis Fire. God my luck is terrible.

Yeah I did the same in hopes of receiving the same piece... Got Armamentarium, Alpha Lupi(Titan) and Heart of Praxis Fire for my trouble.
I already had both titan chest pieces so they got dismantled for shards.
So frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom