• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it make any difference if I get an exotic chest piece vs. an exotic helm stat wise? Kind of feeling like taking the chance on the chest piece since I'd rather spend the coins on a sparrow upgrade.

Does it make any difference if I get an exotic chest piece vs. an exotic helm stat wise? Kind of feeling like taking the chance on the chest piece since I'd rather spend the coins on a sparrow upgrade.

Not really

You can potentially reach level 30 without doing the hard raid if you take an exotic helm since its a hard mode Atheon drop.

I understand why Pocket Infinity got nerfed. That thing still fucking wrecks in the Crucible, holy shit. Managed to get the second part of the Invective bounty done in one match.

Really? I don't find it that much better than any other fusion rifle. I actually felt I killed many more people with the regular than with Pocket Infinity.

I stopped using the fast reload perk and switched to the minimal recoil one. It's easier to handle but still not great. Feels really nerfed in raids/nightfall too.

Not really

You can potentially reach level 30 without doing the hard raid if you take an exotic helm since its a hard mode Atheon drop.

Is that true? I thought there were 2 sets of all gear, one for normal and one for hard. For instance, I think Cowl of Hezen Lords for Warlock's is gotten in normal, and Facade of Hezen Lords is from hard.

Deku Tree

I wish I had sunbreakers but I already have raid gloves.... And no other raid armor drops except the pointless arm band three weeks in a row.

Edit what's better iridium core rounds or more stability on my fusion light/beware ???

void666

Banned
So, anyone tried using Atheon's Epilogue against the Oracles after upgrading it for extra Oracle damage? Is it worth upgrading this weapon?

Bullets spray all over the place.

Mine is still bare bones. Got only one or two upgrades so far. But i love this kind of gun.
AE is like a better doctor nope. I usually miss or don't hit the crit spot with the first few bullets but once i manage to tame the beast it's a crit fest. There's a stability upgrade ahead and glass half full. Can't wait.

Some people can't stand low impact high rof weapons. If that's your case i don't think you will enjoy it.

Pejo

I have waited weeks for xur to sell sunbro armor. I have played the nightfall every week in the hopes of getting sunbro armor. No sunbro armor.

I just spent enough motes of light to get two exotic chest pieces thinking that maybe today would be my lucky day. Nope. Got unlucky raspberry and the titan armor xur is selling today. I don't have any alts and I don't want to spend hours grinding another character. I just want to be the best sunbro I can be guys.

I feel for you sir. I too have been denied the incandescence....until this morning. Woke up with my savings of 78 motes and 53 coins, ran to find Xur before work. Saw he was selling........a helmet I already had, but.....low and behold, body engrams! So knowing it was my time as I had been patient with RNG, i purchased 3. First one - Alpha Lupi chest I already had for my Titan, second.... PRAISE THAT SUN! I was elated with joy, I don't even remember what the third one decoded into because honestly who cares.

Afterwards i put on the sweet sweet robes and began praising. Best of luck to you in the future!

dB Viper

My poor Vex is simply a POS now. So sad. Guess I'll be rolling with SUROS. I did get a Grim Citizen III from a blue last night so that's cool. Can use that and then an exotic special... never had a purple AR worth using in PvP.

kaiiri

dumb question: can I do another vog to help friends? (I know you won't get gear but I'd still like to help them best this week as well)

todd360

I feel for you sir. I too have been denied the incandescence....until this morning. Woke up with my savings of 78 motes and 53 coins, ran to find Xur before work. Saw he was selling........a helmet I already had, but.....low and behold, body engrams! So knowing it was my time as I had been patient with RNG, i purchased 3. First one - Alpha Lupi chest I already had for my Titan, second.... PRAISE THAT SUN! I was elated with joy, I don't even remember what the third one decoded into because honestly who cares.

Afterwards i put on the sweet sweet robes and began praising. Best of luck to you in the future!

Look at this guy living the dream. Its like he is part of the 1%

I'll be keeping one lava covered eye on you, Todd.

How well can you see out of that eye with lava over it? Plus it should have ate your thoughts of protecting namikaze.

How does the Xur upgraded Sparrow compare to the Raid Sparrow?

With normal boost Xur sparrow is faster and it has air brakes.

Raid sparrow is faster when doing its 'super boost' and it has ten more durability plus a wicked looking trail.

Comparisons on overall speed have been talked about on reddit but it's in conclusive. Some people say Xur sparrow is faster from A to B while others say raid one is faster.

Deku Tree

My poor Vex is simply a POS now. So sad. Guess I'll be rolling with SUROS. I did get a Grim Citizen III from a blue last night so that's cool. Can use that and then an exotic special... never had a purple AR worth using in PvP.

#FirstDestiny #blessedbyRNGesus problems....

Uthred

That leaked list for the expansion is fairly underwhelming, three story missions and two strikes is an hour or two's play at most. Hopefully they do something interesting with the strikes at least. The raid, assuming you get a group for it (hopefully they introduce matchmaking by that point), is another four or five hours.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Does armor with "increases amount of heavy ammo you can hold" impact how much ammo you get from the heavy ammo crates in PvP?

In general, any "increase amount of ammo you can hold" abilities only just increase the max ammo you can carry for that weapon, I don't think it would affect the amount of ammo picked up.

Deku Tree

That leaked list for the expansion is fairly underwhelming, three story missions and two strikes is an hour or two's play at most. Hopefully they do something interesting with the strikes at least. The raid, assuming you get a group for it (hopefully they introduce matchmaking by that point), is another four or five hours.

It's all 'bout the grind for the new loot.

E92 M3

I already got my money's worth for 90 dollars. So the expansions will definitely be worth it. A new raid should be fantastic - plus new gear, level cap increase and secrets. It'll be cool. Also, we don't know if they're making the strikes more interesting or not.

Tovarisc

I really like it how Praxic comes with high quality nipple rings and chain...

whScsAj.jpg

6aqW22H.jpg

sorry had to :/

In general, any "increase amount of ammo you can hold" abilities only just increase the max ammo you can carry for that weapon, I don't think it would affect the amount of ammo picked up.

I've been under the impression that Heavy ammo crates give you a percentage of what you can carry total.

For instance, by default I can carry 72 bullets for my "The Swarm" machine gun. When I pick up a Heavy ammo crate, I get 36 bullets. Whats funny is that "The Swarm" only has a clip size of 35. So I often have 1 or 2 bullets that go to waste because it isn't worth reloading.

so if my new total ammo size is 108 (50% increase), will I then start picking up 54 bullets?

So if there's a level cap increase will they atleast have the sense to start the raid legendaries at a higher light level? Or will you go back to being 26/27 again? Place your bets.

I don't think that's going to be the case though, it's probably just an alternate set of legendaries. It makes sense the game would be less annoying if you had 2/3 locations to get possible raid gear from in a week, it also fits with the this content was scissored out to make expansion packs conspiracy theory.

Uthred

It's all 'bout the grind for the new loot.

I suppose thats why I find it so underwhelming, burnt out on the grind at the moment so "Hey new grind!" isnt a strong selling point ;)

I already got my money's worth for 90 dollars. So the expansions will definitely be worth it. A new raid should be fantastic - plus new gear, level cap increase and secrets. It'll be cool. Also, we don't know if they're making the strikes more interesting or not.

To be honest I found the current raid underwhelming, the mechanics were a nice departure from the strikes but thats like saying plain bread is a nice departure from eating dirt.

I wonder how much of this expansion was already done when the game launched, i.e. how realistic is it to expect this to address complaints like repetitive strikes, minimalistic story content, etc. ?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
wtf kind of chest is that? All I get is Glimmer and materials. Maybe a green-gram time to time.

Wat.

Wat.

The fuck kinda chests is that? i get a solitary green if my ass is lucky >.<

Regular ass chest in the Steppes on Earth, I was making my way to The Divide for Fallen Devilwalker Public Time Event
Saw it wedged in the railing where the pipes are, popped it and that's what I got lol

I forgot to capture the one where it gave me +183 Glimmer +Blue engram +Ascendant Shard + 11 Helium

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
sweeeet was worried he'd have a gauntlet engram and I'm severely low on motes this week but no problem there, Truth fills the missing heavy weapons Void in my arsenal (hope I get to hit sepiks again with thing), and light beyond nemesis is perfect for a second PvE-centric (especially Nightfall)/path-to-30 build on my warlock to complement Praxic Fire... have enough coins with 1 to spare!

thank you based xur :>
I can see Praxic Fire being a PVP exotic, and Nemesis being a PVE exotic for me.
yussss

Off to Orlando for the weekend now guys. Catch y'all later :}

E92 M3

To be honest I found the current raid underwhelming, the mechanics were a nice departure from the strikes but thats like saying plain bread is a nice departure from eating dirt.

I wonder how much of this expansion was already done when the game launched, i.e. how realistic is it to expect this to address complaints like repetitive strikes, minimalistic story content, etc. ?

Have you played MMOs before? I found the raid to be a lot of fun with a group of friends. Also, doesn't hurt that the Vex are always enjoyable to kill.

Uthred

Have you played MMOs before? I found the raid to be a lot of fun with a group of friends. Also, doesn't hurt that the Vex are always enjoyable to kill.

Yes, since Meridian 59 in fact, its familiarity with other raids and their mechanics that makes the Vault of Glass feel so barebones and basic.

Makes sense, which is why I am not betting on it. No content in the leak is over 28.

Over on /vg/, where the leak originated I believe, there were further details, Light caps supposed to be raised to 32, new raid normal mode is 28 and hard mode is 32.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom