• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

I think I am going to pick up Truth tonight. While other RL's have tracking, Truth seems to have the most aggressive tracking with the ability to turn 90 degrees if need be plus detonate early.

I don't have Ballerhorn but I'll be sure to pick that up when it's next available. Truth should be great for the Nightfall this week as well as the Raid, especially since I can now carry more heavy ammo with my Titan's grenade chest.

Plus I just want to collect them all and I have 60 coins to spend.

E92 M3

Yes, since Meridian 59 in fact, its familiarity with other raids and their mechanics that makes the Vault of Glass feel so barebones and basic.

I've never played MMOs and had no baselines for what a good raid should be like. To me, VOG is just a very fun piece of content.

--

I can't be the only that is reminded of Devil May Cry 1 when seeing the Gjallarhorn, right?

Anung

Un Rama
Hit 29 this morning :D Only need like 20 more shards to get to 30. Also started focusing on my secondary character so I can hopefully start doing raids twice a week.

Sunbreakers ain't so bad. I'm starting to integrate it more in pvp just to create hazard zones for opponents or dropping one on the ground when being pressured by a shotgun user. Getting lots more kills now.

kaiiri

Just cleared my first raid. Hell yeah!
My only rewards were energy and Chatterwhite
Ok, I guess.
There's always next week I guess..

haha same here. did it with friends last night. we couldn't beat atheon. decided to practice the cheering this morning by myself.... and.. he died. lol. chatterwhite and energy for me as well. lol.

jay23

Definitely getting truth for some PvP fun. No point in saving so many strange coins if I only want 3 more pieces of exotic gear.

Also gambling my 23 motes for praxic fire chest wish me luck.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I could use that Warlock helmet Xur is selling but I'd rather save my coins for Gjallarhorn/The Last Word so nothing for me this week.

Two questions:

1) I'm not sure if this is even possible and I can't check if it is because I'm at work... but, can you dismantle an engram (ie: don't decrypt it, just dismantle)? If so, what do you normally get? Is there any reason to do so or better to decrypt and see what you get?

2) My buddy cheesed Atheon solo last night and I just tagged along. I hopped in right as Atheon appeared. He was able to do it and I got a couple rewards. Cool. OK, so now tonight I want to do the raid from scratch with my group. I am assuming I will still get "credit" for all of the chests/drops along the way to Atheon, right? The only thing I won't get credit for is the end of mission reward?

Hit 29 this morning :D Only need like 20 more shards to get to 30. Also started focusing on my secondary character so I can hopefully start doing raids twice a week.

I'm in the same boat pretty much.

I realized I was sitting on 200 vanguard marks that I have no use for, so I bougth 3 class gloves and ended up with 8 shards out of it. Not the worst trade.

Yes, since Meridian 59 in fact, its familiarity with other raids and their mechanics that makes the Vault of Glass feel so barebones and basic.

Over on /vg/, where the leak originated I believe, there were further details, Light caps supposed to be raised to 32, new raid normal mode is 28 and hard mode is 32.

Well, shit. Awesome.

Also: Running the Raid on Normal in a few minutes. Looking for one or two people. No Raid experience needed, though 27+ preferred. PSN name is in profile.

Ambitious

Well, shit. Awesome.

Also: Running the Raid on Normal in a few minutes. Looking for one or two people. No Raid experience needed, though 27+ preferred. PSN name is in profile.

Level 28 Hunter, I did it once. Though we cheesed Atheon.
I'll be there in three minutes. Are you going for the chests?

Iceman829

Two questions:

1) I'm not sure if this is even possible and I can't check if it is because I'm at work... but, can you dismantle an engram (ie: don't decrypt it, just dismantle)? If so, what do you normally get? Is there any reason to do so or better to decrypt and see what you get?

2) My buddy cheesed Atheon solo last night and I just tagged along. I hopped in right as Atheon appeared. He was able to do it and I got a couple rewards. Cool. OK, so now tonight I want to do the raid from scratch with my group. I am assuming I will still get "credit" for all of the chests/drops along the way to Atheon, right? The only thing I won't get credit for is the end of mission reward?

You will be able to open all the chests along the way and receive drops from all the bosses minus the final Atheon fight.

As to your first question I never tried and have no idea.

Cheese Atheon, get 2 Raid Helmets. Neither of them have the stats I want. Not sure how to feel. lol

Haha. I tagged along last night while my buddy cheesed Atheon. I got Chatterwhite and some energy. He goes "aw man, that sucks, I'm sorry."

I said "dude, I hopped on and watched you cheese Atheon. I literally didn't do a single thing except watch the screen. How can I be mad?"

pieman

Neo Member
Two questions:

1) You can decrypt them, I never have but have noticed the button is available when selected. I believe that when an engram drops it's final item is created at the same time as it drops so I am guessing if you dismantle an engram you get the same result as if you decrypted it first and then dismantled it, however I don't know for certain.

2) I don't know

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Alright, I'm clearing my storage... dr nope vs vanquisher viii?

dr nope has recovering near death, bottom half extra damage, agility.

vanquisher has kills increase reload speed, precision kils dramatically increase reload speed

Fistwell

Well, shit. Awesome.

Sent you a friend request, PSN: ZonySUX, lvl 29 hunter.

Oh, full I see. Nvmd... Any other raid????? Getting fucking annoying.

Level 28 Hunter, I did it once. Though we cheesed Atheon.
I'll be there in three minutes. Are you going for the chests?
Hey, wanna team up and look for 4 more?

void666

Banned
I've been raiding with some friends but they're not.... good. It's frustrating. They keep dying over and over again.

I have three characters that are raid ready. One 28, one 29 and one soon to be 29.
I wish i could raid three times every week. But can't do it even once.

Another question:

How many shards (not energy) are you guys getting from a full run-through of the raid on normal on average?

Just curious as I need 7 more shards to hit lvl 29 and am doing the raid tonight. I've completed it before but can't remember how many shards I got.

Deku Tree

I wish we could buy other classes legendaries. :(

Me too. Would make light leveling alts so easy... But that's why Bungie forbids it.

Someone told me you can give your alts legendary engrams and they will always decode to the class of the guardian who decodes them... Haven't tried it myself yet.

Fixed1979

Got the Praxic Fire and Truth this morning. Not exactly what I was hoping for but I'm in desperate need of void damage for my Titan and it's my warlocks first exotic. I've been regretting not getting 2 or 3 ice breakers last weekend, it would be so nice to have one on each character without having to occasional switch.

RMI

Banned
got the Armamentarium from Xur and it bumped me up to lvl 27. Feels good. Armor looks beastly, 13 strange coins is a bargain.

The results are in! XP applies equally across all items, it is not divided up.

NrmMIG3.jpg

Edit: I threw the results up on /r/destinythegame as well.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Haha. I tagged along last night while my buddy cheesed Atheon. I got Chatterwhite and some energy. He goes "aw man, that sucks, I'm sorry."

I said "dude, I hopped on and watched you cheese Atheon. I literally didn't do a single thing except watch the screen. How can I be mad?"
Yeah, with the cheese, I do feel less mad about shit drops.

I mean, I have 4 Vision of Confluences. But 2 of them are from cheese, so I guess I can't be too mad about essentially getting 2 extra Energies.

The results are in! XP applies equally across all items, it is not divided up.
Oh yeah?

I wish Bungie would just show the raw numbers instead of random bars.

X-Frame

Gutterboy thank you! I was doing it correctly since Day 1 but haven't for the last week so I didn't miss much XP but now we know.

Another question:

How many shards (not energy) are you guys getting from a full run-through of the raid on normal on average?

Just curious as I need 7 more shards to hit lvl 29 and am doing the raid tonight. I've completed it before but can't remember how many shards I got.

I think 7 is pretty reasonable. RNGesus works in mysterious ways, though...

Iceman829

Another question:

It's really just random. I've seen some people get nothing but shards and others getting nothing but energy. So in reality don't get your hopes up with the drop system. I've learned to expect to get energy and that stupid ship from the boss while raiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom