• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulse rifles, for me at least, feel absolutely worthless.

Scout rifles got a needed buff and are now a great option at long range. Assault rifles are still great at medium.

I don't know where a pulse rifle is supposed to be appropriate.

They're really good mid to mid-long* precision fire weapons. Not as good as scout at mid-long to long** but easier to land more hits. I haven't tried it in PvP post-patch since the only one I have right now has a terribly slow fire rate, but I'm interested in seeing if it stacks up better. The problem pre-patch was that an auto rifle even from mid-long range would take you down before you could even get the three bursts you needed to kill. Even if they were all perfect head shots which was ridiculous.

Where they need to be is competitive at mid against an auto rifle as long as you're a good shot, and beat them out at mid-long and long pretty easy. Then beat a scout at mid, be competitive at mid-long, and be beaten by scout at long.

*mid-long = The distance on Shores of Venus from C to maybe the end of the cave looking towards A
**long = Bastion/First Light distances

SkylineRKR

I was debating that one but the color scheme seems too flashy.

Also I'm upset at myself for not getting Iron Banner level 3. I really like the shader, so much better than Chatterwhite.

I think Chatterwhite sucks honestly. I was playing VoG with this dude that went on about Chatterwhite (it was all he wanted from of the Vault I think), and I was like 'got 3 and I think its shit'.

I roll Thunderdevil. Its bad ass.

Cross post from Raid:
Anyone for anything on the Xbox One? Have yet to do any of the weekly events.
Level 28 Hunter, Gt: ConscienceFalls

I do need people for a special strike (26) on the Moon for my Thorn.

JohnIIVII

Cross post from Raid:
Anyone for anything on the Xbox One? Have yet to do any of the weekly events.
Level 28 Hunter, Gt: ConscienceFalls

I do need people for a special strike (26) on the Moon for my Thorn.

I need to kill Xyor too but wont be home from work until around 4est. Will probably be doing a mix of xyor/weekly/nightfall all night so hit me up if you want. Gt Cruxii7

Anyone know when Iron Banner is going to happen again? I want the shader.

Also anyone down to get the raid as a clan trophy in 1 hour or so?

benjammin

Tiger strikes are probably your best bet if you have already completed the lower level weekly strikes. Decoherent Engrams often turn into Strange Coins or motes of light and you should pick up atleast 2-4 engrams per strike. Or you could always beg someone to carry you through the lvl 28 strike ;)

Ok awesome, I'll run a bunch of tiger strikes and hope for the best. Thanks! If there was a trading system in place then I wouldn't feel bad about begging for a hand, but I don't think I want to ask someone to do that. On gaf at least, maybe I'll try reddit :)

RedFury

Man...this game frustrates me. I joined a clan hoping to FINALLY get to do raids on the VoG but I guess all the people in the clan are college students because they are done by like 4pm. Anybody here that has a regular job with regular hours and wants to raid later in the evening or weekend please add me..

Warlock 28 PSN: Javy3
Will send FR.

Dante316

The Warlock hard raid helmet is pretty cool, though. Just have to be lucky enough to get it. For some silly reason I got 2 from killing Atheon on the same raid.

Yep the raid one looks epic and I have it. Just having different pieced for different types of builds.

SkylineRKR

Thanks. I need to watch some YouTiube videos to see what's the best route for Spin Metal.

My remaining Raid Leg and Gaunts use Spin metal, so its all I farm right now. I don't really use a route but I roam between Rocket Yard and Divide, taking Devil Walker PE down when he spawns as well. Chests are key.

Am_I_Evil

having a weird issue...

doing a patrol on venus...kill fallen for wire wraps...i've killed 3 different groups of fallen and have NO wire wraps...wtf?

GutZ31

fdGVtqN.gif

Finally got around to uploading this, while doing the devils lair for the 9000th time.
Thought someone might get a kick out of it. Although I am sure everyone has seen a funny ragdoll or two while playing destiny.

fdGVtqN.gif

Finally got around to uploading this, while doing the devils lair for the 9000th time.
Thought someone might get a kick out of it. Although I am sure everyone has seen a funny ragdoll or two while playing destiny.
FLLLLYYYYY LIKE AN EAGLE

I like how the Devil Walkers gun turns in that direction.

ocean

Banned
Anyone running Normal Raid, I'd love to join! I've done it a few times before :) 29 Titan over here.

a_javierp on PS4.

Whenever I turn in bounties I swap everything that needs XP, so I get the most out of it

Hell I even triple this requirement since 2 weeks ago by sending the guns to my alts when they turn in their bounties

So getting 30,000 XP on on my guns/gear everyday is hella good

Use the buffs from xur and equip a weapon it applies to. I think it may even be "bugged" and will apply to weapons not of that type if you hand in bounty xp. You can repeat on your alts too since you get 5 per coin. . I've actually maxed out several guns today by just completing 5 bounties, popping the xp thingy and handing them in. It's a 30 minute timer too so you can complete some additional bounties if you can. After which you can repeat the process twice on your alts.

Alright GAF, I could really use some advice. Trying to decide which Hand Cannon and which Pulse Rifle to hold on to. Also ignore the attack values because I've upgraded a couple of them a little bit already.

n3AUbwV.jpg

Upgrades
Aiming this weapon increases its effective range.
Increases range and accuracy.
Reloading this weapon after a kill grants a damage bonus for a short time.

PzEOnKU.jpg

Upgrades
Increases the reload speed of this weapon when its mag is empty.
Increases range and accuracy.
Missing a shot has a chance to return ammo directly to the magazine.

nzmwo9p.jpg

Upgrades
Kills with this weapon reduce the cooldown of your grenade.
A larger magazine. (Reflected in the image.)
This weapon can be fired in full auto mode.

4bfQxau.jpg

Upgrades
Kills with this weapon reduce the cooldown of your grenade.
Oversize rounds built to stagger targets and leave them reeling. (OR) Reload this weapon even faster.
Reloading this weapon after a kill grants a damage bonus for a short time.

Sorry for the massive post but I'm really at a loss here and I don't have the room to lug them all around. Any help is appreciated.

X-Frame

Man...this game frustrates me. I joined a clan hoping to FINALLY get to do raids on the VoG but I guess all the people in the clan are college students because they are done by like 4pm. Anybody here that has a regular job with regular hours and wants to raid later in the evening or weekend please add me..

Warlock 28 PSN: Javy3

I just added you. I've only completed the raid once so maybe we all can get a raid group going this weekend. I have 3 characters at Level 28, but my Defender Titan is my main.

Man Xur what a disappointing haul this weekend.

I've felt that way every single week I've went to him (save for Ice Breaker I suppose but was still disappointed no Praxic). What are you hoping for?

I have the bad Juju exotic bounty, are there any surprises that need to be done after I complete the 25 strikes?

You have to talk to Xur next so try and knock the strikes out before he leaves! Nightfall and Weekly Strikes count as multiple strike runs so maybe just do the Weekly multiple times today and tomorrow. After Xur, the only other step where you actually do something is earning 10K crucible pts with Hunter and Titan kills counting as 75 pts per kill and Warlocks 125 I think.

JohnIIVII

I need Xur for it? Thank you, I would have been upset if I missed him after completing it.

I wouldnt rush too much on it lol! Bad Juju is pretty terrible for the moment until whenever Bungie finally patches it. I tried it out for about 30 seconds and its been in my vault ever since :/

You just need one strange coin for him. No biggie.

The biggie was being stuck on it for another week preventing me from picking up a fifth bounty ;P Finally completed that step before work today. Guess I'll have to go back to Crucible at some point soon if I want to shed this bounty for good.

Woo legendary heavy engram from daily

Nooo ass energy

I don't know whose idea that was. If it ends up as something I don't want I'll break out down to the same amount of ass anyway. For a moment I thought it could be a Gjallarhorn :(

Steroyd

Well ain't that a bitch, looks like you can't cherry pick story missions to progress, made it to Venus only doing a grand total of 5 missions.

What is a good place to kill ultra vex for a lowly level 15?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom