• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

I have the bad Juju exotic bounty, are there any surprises that need to be done after I complete the 25 strikes?

Yeah, you need to bring 1 strange coin to Xur later on, so if you don't do the bounty up to that point before he leaves this weekend, it's going to sit in your bounty slot till next week...

Melchiah

My remaining Raid Leg and Gaunts use Spin metal, so its all I farm right now. I don't really use a route but I roam between Rocket Yard and Divide, taking Devil Walker PE down when he spawns as well. Chests are key.

Thanks for the tip. I don't have a need for them right now, but I like to have a good supply of them ready.

BTW, is there any other use for Mote of Lights, than to buy stuff from the speaker, and the occasional events, like the Queen's Wrath? And what's the best way to farm Ascendant Shards for the armor upgrades?

I've reached the point where I have more exotics than I know what to do with. I want my Titan to roll with Invective, but I also want an Auto Rifle and I've only got Hard Light. :'(

JohnIIVII

I've reached the point where I have more exotics than I know what to do with. I want my Titan to roll with Invective, but I also want an Auto Rifle and I've only got Hard Light. :'(

In a similar situation. Pretty bad when its easier to get exotics than it is to get legendaries.

Greenymac

Alright GAF, I could really use some advice. Trying to decide which Hand Cannon and which Pulse Rifle to hold on to. Also ignore the attack values because I've upgraded a couple of them a little bit already.

Sorry for the massive post but I'm really at a loss here and I don't have the room to lug them all around. Any help is appreciated.

you get 10 shots on one hand cannon and 11 on the other. Both respectable although I tend to lean towqards one with perfect balance and/or ammo directly into the magazine. I think theyre both good. Im not gonna comment on the other two because theyre not handcannons and I couldnt care less about them ;).

gdt

Lvl 23, I have zero Legendaries :/.

Best tips to start racking them up? Also, anyone wanna bang out the Weekly Strike quick? When you go in the weekly one there is no MM, but having it come up in the Vanguard Playlist doesn't count -_-.

gdt5016/PSN/PS4.

Namikaze1

I hate the grind! Fuck! Gonna focus on leveling Vanguard since it's near level 2. Problem is, I don't have enough marks. Someone wants to do a bunch of Tiger Strikes with me?

Steroyd

Have you just been saving up? How do you get so many?

If you complete the nightfall the day it refreshes, if you play throughout the week, you'll get motes of light quite often, that's not including RNGesus.

I've got 80 myself, may just roll the dice on xur seeing how I've got nearly nothing to spend the things on.

Ambitious

Just completed my second raid. Got a few shards, a bunch of energy, a legendary machine gun (Corrective Measure) and Chatterwhite again. Meh.

JohnIIVII

Best tips to start racking them up? Also, anyone wanna bang out the Weekly Strike quick? When you go in the weekly one there is no MM, but having it come up in the Vanguard Playlist doesn't count -_-.

gdt5016/PSN/PS4.

The quickest way is to level up a faction and start doing as many bounties as you can every day. If you don't enjoy the crucible however, then you will want to level up the vanguard which takes a bit longer since you only get rep from vanguard bounties, strikes, and patrol. Either way your best bet is to grind rep and buy legendaries.

gdt5016/PSN/PS4.

Rank up factions (try to focus Vanguard or Crucible first) so you can buy them. Other than that, submit to RNGthulu.

gdt5016/PSN/PS4.

Buy them. Crucible/Vanguard/Faction, whichever you prefer.

RedFury

Anyone willing to help with Atheon normal that knows the fight send me a FR RedFury03. Nephew and I trying to beat out first raid. Once we have enough will make the party.

If you complete the nightfall the day it refreshes, if you play throughout the week, you'll get motes of light quite often, that's not including RNGesus.

I've got 80 myself, may just roll the dice on xur seeing how I've got nearly nothing to spend the things on.

The daily nightfall or weekly nightfall you mean? Is there matchmaking for that?

void666

Banned
Well ain't that a bitch, looks like you can't cherry pick story missions to progress, made it to Venus only doing a grand total of 5 missions.

What is a good place to kill ultra vex for a lowly level 15?

What's the difference between majors and ultras?

Anyway there are two spawns in venus that i know of. Minotaurs. One spawn has 2 yellow bar minos. The other has one with two regular ones. Sometimes yellow harpies and goblins spawn around there.

When you spawn go left. There's an area with fallen. Just keep going. It's the next area.

gdt

I've been grinding Vanguard so I guess I'm on the right ish track. Just hit Rank 2 with 87 marks so I'll have a Legendary weapon in a few days. Really don't wanna keep doing this for the rest of my gear.

Man, I don't know how y'all are willing to risk the exotic engram. I JUST got 23 motes of light and am terrified to roll the exotic and RNG to shit on me with some other class's gear.

I had 45 motes this morning with my Warlock being super close to another. I rolled two Exotic Chest Engrams from Xur and got the two I wanted most. (Heart of Praxic Fire for Warlock and Crest of Alpha Lupi for Titan).

I did this because I had good odds. There are only six exotic chest pieces. I didn't have any. therefore no matter what I roll on the first one, I have a 100% chance of something I don't have. Second roll has a 83% chance of giving me something I don't have and a 66% chance of getting a chest for a different class than the first.

My odds were good. I got lucky to get the two I wanted most, but either way I was going to win on the first roll.

Jrmint

I've been grinding Vanguard so I guess I'm on the right ish track. Just hit Rank 2 with 87 marks so I'll have a Legendary weapon in a few days. Really don't wanna keep doing this for the rest of my gear.
You really should buy legendary armor first. You can get 2 pieces of armor for the same cost of a weapon. That will also increase your damage substantially since you'll likely jump up to at least level 25. The weapons will come.

jay23

I'm tired of seeing so many fucking green drops! Can I get some blues? Hell, it's about time I get a legendary engram drop!

Haven't seen a legendary engram since the patch.

Side note I was hoping Xur had rocket launcher telemetry. Wanted to power rank truth.

Just made my third hunter alt. Going to try to rush through this horrible story mode to get to level 20. I had a Titan and Warlock alt that I deleted because it didn't feel fun to be underleveled all over again and I couldn't devote time for them. Now I'm going to have 3 hunters that farm raid and strange coins to buy the exotics for other classes and then I will start playing a real alt when I have the items I want. Screw RNG.

I grind through all of the Bad Juju requirements and jump into the crucible thinking it will destroy everyone.That gun is complete trash. For an exotic to be this bad is unacceptable. And why the hell has the outfitter been selling the same shaders since launch?

Steroyd

The daily nightfall or weekly nightfall you mean? Is there matchmaking for that?

Unfortunately no matchmaking for the nightfall, you get a exp boost for the week if you complete it.

What's the difference between majors and ultras?

Anyway there are two spawns in venus that i know of. Minotaurs. One spawn has 2 yellow bar minos. The other has one with two regular ones. Sometimes yellow harpies and goblins spawn around there.

When you spawn go left. There's an area with fallen. Just keep going. It's the next area.

No idea what the difference is all I know is they both have yellow bars which I need to get me some bounty exp.

People tend to get stuck around level 23 or so. There is a gap between getting there and typically having done enough to get vanguard to level 2. Once youve done that buy some legendaries and grind marks. That will let you get a full set of legendaries...if you want to be smart, work out early on what exotic you might like to use and upgrade the cirrsponding legendary item last. This saves you putting all your shards into an item only to then replace it with an exotic...

Edit forgot to say, but armour first, as light level will let you into thebharder events. From there you will get to vanguard level 3 and also start dropping cool weapons...IMHO don't buy legendary weapons first...

cakely

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I have four primary exotics now, three exotic helms, an exotic chest, and a special, and I have a bounty for a second special.

I really need to focus on leveling up some top-tier legendaries, they're much more flexible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom