• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakely

I grind through all of the Bad Juju requirements and jump into the crucible thinking it will destroy everyone.That gun is complete trash. For an exotic to be this bad is unacceptable. And why the hell has the outfitter been selling the same shaders since launch?

Bungie claims that that specific weapon is getting a boost, so don't dismantle it just yet.

Yes, right now it's utter trash.

I'm tired of seeing so many fucking green drops! Can I get some blues? Hell, it's about time I get a legendary engram drop!

I've only seen one Purple since the engram patch. Granted, I haven't been playing as much as I did in the first couple of weeks, but there have still been times where I play for hours without a single purple orb.

nowai

I grind through all of the Bad Juju requirements and jump into the crucible thinking it will destroy everyone.That gun is complete trash. For an exotic to be this bad is unacceptable. And why the hell has the outfitter been selling the same shaders since launch?

The only great exotic bounty is Invective.

Hopefully Thorn and Bad Juju will be more worthwhile after they are buffed.

Having said that, Bad Juju will always have that annoying green flame that blocks your view when you pan to the right.

Shit! Is this true? That's what I'm working on right now. What's bad about it?

Terrible recoil. There's just nothing special about it for an "exotic" when a legendary MG would be much better to free up your exotic spot.

On the plus side, the SGA bounty is insanely easy. Just grab P Infinity next time.

Strider

The spawns on Blind Watch are just so so bad. Probably my least favorite map in the whole game honestly. I think I even hate it more than Bastion :/

cabletime

Level 29 warlock on Xbox one

Void walker willing to do hard mode raid if anyone wants to tonight at 9Pm

gamertag is the same as my name here. Hit me up!

I've only seen one Purple since the engram patch. Granted, I haven't been playing as much as I did in the first couple of weeks, but there have still been times where I play for hours without a single purple orb.

Yesterday I got my first purple engram (heavy weapon) drop. L28 Titan with 72h into the game.
It became 2 ascendant energy.

Pimpwerx

I bought the titan chest and the warlock helm. Really got the helm because my warlock gets stiffed on raid gear, so I need a helmet at the very least. Plus, it has perks that help in the raid. I need 3 more motes and I'll roll the dice on a chest engram. I hope to get a titan piece or praxic fire. Hell, anything I don't already have would be nice. PEACE.

Namikaze1

The last legendary engram I got as a drop was during the raid. Three weeks ago. I got one last week as a Nightfall reward. I remember seeing purples drop every ten minutes for me before the Cryotarch patch. I haven't seen a purple drop since then.

Well I mean, what else are you going to spend it on? Cosmetic shit from the Speaker?

I've already got an exotic armor piece so I'm fine with it-- either I'll roll what I already have and break it down, roll something else I can use for different build options, or roll something I can either break down or save for an alt. I've got nothing to lose.

I had 106 motes. Took two tries to get the chest I wanted!

I had 45 motes this morning with my Warlock being super close to another. I rolled two Exotic Chest Engrams from Xur and got the two I wanted most. (Heart of Praxic Fire for Warlock and Crest of Alpha Lupi for Titan).

I did this because I had good odds. There are only six exotic chest pieces. I didn't have any. therefore no matter what I roll on the first one, I have a 100% chance of something I don't have. Second roll has a 83% chance of giving me something I don't have and a 66% chance of getting a chest for a different class than the first.

My odds were good. I got lucky to get the two I wanted most, but either way I was going to win on the first roll.

Ah, fair enough. I keep forgetting that there isn't really much to use motes on and they seem so few and far between, it feels like I should be saving them.

In any case, there are only two exotic chest pieces, and I have the one they aren't selling, so it doesn't make much sense for me this week.

Since the patch I've received maybe 4 or 5 legendary engrams from the daily. Cryptarch level up while not as often as before still gives them. I even got an exotic.

Fucking Sunbreakers

ocean

Banned
The last legendary engram I got as a drop was during the raid. Three weeks ago. I got one last week as a Nightfall reward. I remember seeing purples drop every ten minutes for me before the Cryotarch patch. I haven't seen a purple drop since then.
The chances to get a purple drop now are probably normalized to the chances of a purple actually being Legendary pre-patch.

Oh don't get me started on bounties. They're just as deplorable as material grinding. What's that you say? You're level 30 and you already have a Praedyth's Revenge, but you want to test out that new sniper? Hold on, you can't compare them until you get the new one up to 300 damage so you can see the differences between them in a fair light!

Speaking of upgrading alternate gear, given the fact that end-game players get next to no experience from killing vanilla enemies, and have little to no incentive to do the raid multiple times or even bother touching the level 24 strike playlist, there needs to be a FASTER METHOD FOR UPGRADING ALTERNATE WEAPONS/ITEMS than bounties.

The bounty system is atrocious. It's fine for 'younger' players, but when you've got three raid-ready toons at level 28-30, it makes absolutely no sense to force you to do 'patrol the cosmodrome' or 'kill 10 hive majors' or 'do story mission X for the 100th time, on heroic'.

It forces us to do the unthinkable and migrate our new weapons to alts so we can run the same 5 bounties 3 times in one day, just to level up a new weapon to see if we like it! Because you can't accurately compare a freshly-dropped legendary sniper that isn't maxed out to your already-maxed 300/300 damage sniper. You have to upgrade the new one to compare them properly.

FFS Bungie, fix this garbage or the only time you'll see some players is when we come back to check out the new raid with each DLC, then promptly leave again.

I don't mind the bounties or even the farming of mats away from killing something. But i do agree its all very half-baked. There should be a system in place to buy planet mats or an item exchange for said mats. 10-20 planets mats for 5000 glimmer or 50-100 armor mats. The bounties i like but i don't know why for the life of me they are the same 10 type of bounties over and over. If they mix up the types and offer higher ranking bounties at level 26 that offer a bit more rewards seem easy to do. Solo a public event get a strange coin, dance with 20 guardians get 5 motes of light, or help a lower level guardian complete a strike or bounty get ass shards or energy.

I don't understand why they have two tiers of vendor trash. Why does green nonsense drop for lvl 20 and up players anyway, it serves no functional purpose besides slowing you down by making you press square in your inventory for a while. I wish it just autodismantled on pickup really.

jeffc919

Are any of the legendary fusion rifles for sale in the tower any good for PvP? I've just been using a blue/rare FR because the legendaries have slower charge times, and I've gone with the assumption that charge time is the most important thing for PvP, so I've been holding out for a random drop of a fast charge time legendary FR. But maybe I'm missing something...are the slower charge rate FRs advantageous in some other way in PvP? For instance, do they have a longer 1 shot kill range, or a more forgiving blast "width" for lack of a better way of describing it? I find that my FR effectiveness is very hit and miss. Sometimes it's a 1 hit kill. Sometimes it isn't, and I don't know if it's because the target is just a little too far away or if I'm just not hitting them with a direct enough shot.

you get 10 shots on one hand cannon and 11 on the other. Both respectable although I tend to lean towqards one with perfect balance and/or ammo directly into the magazine. I think theyre both good. Im not gonna comment on the other two because theyre not handcannons and I couldnt care less about them ;).

Thanks for the advice. I guess they're both pretty even then. I'll just have to mess around with them and see which one I prefer I suppose.

The Red Hand does actually have a Perfect Stability upgrade but I was a bit worried about its range without Send It. Is that not as big of an issue as I'm thinking it is?

Iceman829

I don't mind the bounties or even the farming of mats away from killing something. But i do agree its all very half-baked. There should be a system in place to buy planet mats or an item exchange for said mats. 10-20 planets mats for 5000 glimmer or 50-100 armor mats. The bounties i like but i don't know why for the life of me they are the same 10 type of bounties over and over. If they mix up the types and offer higher ranking bounties at level 26 that offer a bit more rewards seem easy to do. Solo a public event get a strange coin, dance with 20 guardians get 5 motes of light, or help a lower level guardian complete a strike or bounty get ass shards or energy.

I also wouldn't mind if they included them in the daily mission reward (as an extra bonus) or included upon finishing heroic missions to get people to not play everything on easy to breeze through it.

Leyasu

Banned
Lol so xur arrives, and its helmets and chest pieces... They know that people have already got these first, so you have to keep grinding for legs and arms..

Oh bungie

Namikaze1

I just need to buy legendary gauntlets and legs. I got an exotic helm and chest for my warlock that I can switch anytime if I ever get a legendary helm/chest from a drop or as a reward. I just want to get it to level 27 before reset for Weekly and Nightfall.

I don't understand why they have two tiers of vendor trash. Why does green nonsense drop for lvl 20 and up players anyway, it serves no functional purpose besides slowing you down by making you press square in your inventory for a while. I wish it just autodismantled on pickup really.

The only reason I wouldn't want auto-dismantle is for my alt character. I have so little of the Warlock armor upgrade material that I usually level up the green armor before dismantling it since it doubles the material drop. Of course if they gave us an auto-dismantle option that would be the best of both worlds... but what are the odds of something that crazy?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Just helped my buddy do the Nightfall and he got The Last Word as a reward. So fucking jelly.

YES! I just got the God of War shader from a cryptarch level up package.

Same here. My shader collection will be complete once I have Thunderdevil (along with Beowulf, Chatterwhite, Bloodpact, God of War).

Vespene

I have every hunter exotic armor except the one I want... Knucklehead Radar.

People who use it, is it really good or am I just charmed by the pretty graphics?

People who use it, is it really good or am I just charmed by the pretty graphics?

Same situation. That is the only one I want but I keep getting others. In my mind it is the perfect exotic. Not bound by what sub class and useful for both PVE and PVP

Greenymac

Thanks for the advice. I guess they're both pretty even then. I'll just have to mess around with them and see which one I prefer I suppose.

The Red Hand does actually have a Perfect Stability upgrade but I was a bit worried about its range without Send It. Is that not as big of an issue as I'm thinking it is?

it shouldnt if youre getting headshots with the handcannons like you should be.

To make playing another Hunter alt interesting I'm only going to use hand cannons as my primary to prepare me for my dream hand cannon, either Hawkmoon or Fatebringer.

[bottom of last page]

To make playing another Hunter alt interesting I'm only going to use hand cannons as my primary to prepare me for my dream hand cannon, either Hawkmoon or Fatebringer.

For those who have Hawkmoon is it good or just pretty looking? Does Fatebringer outclass it?

Hiko

Banned

I have it with perfect stability. The only HC that I think is better is the last word

Anyone else with the Plan C exotic fusion absolutely HATE the holographic sight? My god.

Hah. I love that sight.

It makes me really love scoping in, and the weapon has the range to justify it I think.

Not used to the rapid switch insta-fire thing though. That takes some care to use, but could see how someone who really is aware of it could do well in PvP with it.

JohnIIVII

No purple engrams since patch for me. The day before patch i had 3 drop in one strike! Ofcourse none of those actually turned onto a purple item. I think the actual rates for getting a purple stayed exactly the same just the colors of the engrams changed to actually reflect what it would have been anyway lol!

well, My titan already has the raid chest, Chest of Alpha Lupi and The helm of inmost light.

I guess I might as well add the The Armamentarium??

It's definitely very nice to have Radar available at all times when using a Primary. I can't count how many times someone tries to run up behind me to melee when I'm in ADS and I just do a backwards jump, and end up dusting them from behind instead.

Personally though, I actually prefer Lucky Raspberry for the free grenade on every spawn. I don't use it much now though because I don't have a Raid Helm so I need to the 30 light from an Exotic helm. Symbiote and Mask of the Third Man don't mesh with my playstyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom