• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'm like 3 Strange Coins and 3 Motes away from getting that helmet and exotic engram from Xur this weekend...

time for that grind all night.

DLC leaks sound decent, so far, considering that's not all that's included (right?).

Nah, that's about it.

Seriously, we don't know. Most likely a handful of new gear sets (most we won't use like vendor gear after level 28), 4 story missions, 2 strikes, and a raid. Then some touches like weapon, speeder, or ship shaders. Ghosts and grimoire cards in the new areas.

Oh, and PvP maps.

Nori Chan

I don't have a single exotic chest piece for my hunter, but I have one for titan and warlock. I just hope I get lupi when I buy the engram tonight

I wonder if I should play tonight.

image.php

Nah, that's about it.

Seriously, we don't know. Most likely a handful of new gear sets (most we won't use like vendor gear after level 28), 4 story missions, 2 strikes, and a raid. Then some touches like weapon, speeder, or ship shaders. Ghosts and grimoire cards in the new areas.

Oh, and PvP maps.

Maybe I might be asking for too much but to me this sounds like... Nothing lol. It is so little content, this game is in serious need of an explosion of things to do. Or heck, more variety on the things that we have.

So the DLC raid is level 32 right? I wonder if we will get an armor increase to 32 or we will just have to deal with being 2 levels below.

Juraash

So I've spent 5 or 6 days leveling Patience and Time and I gotta say...I'm a little disappointed. Now before I rag on it I will say that it is my favorite looking sniper in the game (it also sounds awesome), and it probably handles the best of any sniper I've used. That being said, its perks are underwhelming and it's damage seems anemic.

I've upgraded it to the point where it has both the radar while aiming perk (which is nice) and the Patience and Time perk (which cloaks you when aiming down sights), I've also invested in...most if not all of the non rare material damage upgrades.

The P&T perk is super underwhelming, and I get that it'd probably be broken as shit in PVP if it worked differently, but it takes 2-3 seconds to cloak you once you've aimed down the sights. It also breaks stealth when you fire, though there does seem to be some give in movement, but it isn't consistent as far as I've seen. Sometimes I can walk around while aiming and not break the cloak, other times it'll seemingly break at random.

Now I also have Icebreaker (which I kinda hate outside specific situations) but even without one single upgrade, it is killing targets quicker, even ones not solar shielded. This is despite the fact that currently my P&T has a higher damage stat from upgrades and is naturally more stable AND has a higher RoF.

Sorry for the long winded post about my first world problems. I suppose it just speaks to what lots of other people have been saying: Exotics should feel exotic and PVP and PVE should be balanced separately.

JackHerer

I don't have a single exotic chest piece for my hunter, but I have one for titan and warlock. I just hope I get lupi when I buy the engram tonight

image.php

I'm gonna roll the dice on another chest engram today in the hopes that I will get Alpha Lupi for my Hunter as well. I bought one last night and got the Titan chest he is selling. Nothing else to spend motes on really. I do like some of the cloaks the speaker sells but I'd rather have something that's actually useful rather than just cosmetic.

Maybe I might be asking for too much but to me this sounds like... Nothing lol. It is so little content, this game is in serious need of an explosion of things to do. Or heck, more variety on the things that we have.

I agree. I think that stuff, except for PvP maps, should just be added as base content to keep people coming back until the DLC. For a third the price of the full game, the DLC should be stuff like new a subclass, new patrol areas, new game modes ect. Game changing stuff.

Nori Chan

I'm gonna roll the dice on another chest engram today in the hopes that I will get Alpha Lupi for my Hunter as well. I bought one last night and got the Titan chest he is selling. Nothing else to spend motes on really. I do like some of the cloaks the speaker sells but I'd rather have something that's actually useful rather than just cosmetic.

I have all the exotic helmets for the titan and hunter and only one for the warlock. So basically, I'm just going to buy chest engrams with my motes. I already have the gauntlets for warlock and hunter so I'm just missing the titan one.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I have four primary exotics now, three exotic helms, an exotic chest, and a special, and I have a bounty for a second special.

I really need to focus on leveling up some top-tier legendaries, they're much more flexible.

Yes good legendaries are sometimes just as good if not better than their exotic counterparts. They also don't handcuff you like exotics do with the one exotic at a time rule

I agree. I think that stuff, except for PvP maps, should just be added as base content to keep people coming back until the DLC. For a third the price of the full game, the DLC should be stuff like new a subclass, new patrol areas, new game modes ect. Game changing stuff.

The fact is, even without the content updates, fools like myself keep on going back to it every day. We complain and complain, we feel the lack of content, but we still play the game.

Dang, was really hoping for either The Mask of the Third Man or the Crest of Alpha Lupi for my Hunter. I'm still rocking the Queen's Wrath gear and I'm looking to upgrade.

Next week, Bungie?

The fact is, even without the content updates, fools like myself keep on going back to it every day. We complain and complain, we feel the lack of content, but we still play the game.

Of course we do. The gun play and individual encounters are too satisfying. As a whole, it's a hot mess, but moment to moment it's great and there is always one more thing to do.

That also works against the DLC. I am perfectly fine playing what we have endlessly and have no reason to pick up the DLC until it's on sale. I won't beat a dead horse, but I've mentioned in the past how I feel we were mislead about what to expect, and even though I love the game, I'm still bitter about how we got here.

Love/Hate is strong with this game.

I don't get it.
LOL he quoted your avatar as a way of saying, you are hilarious for asking for an update next week :p

Of course we do. The gun play and individual encounters are too satisfying. As a whole, it's a hot mess, but moment to moment it's great and there is always one more thing to do.

That also works against the DLC. I am perfectly fine playing what we have endlessly and have no reason to pick up the DLC until it's on sale. I won't beat a dead horse, but I've mentioned in the past how I feel we were mislead about what to expect, and even though I love the game, I'm still bitter about how we got here.

Love/Hate is strong with this game.

Totally agree. I tried Diablo, knowing that its the much better, more content filled loot game. Needless to say, I just came back to this game after a few days.

hydruxo

I have every hunter exotic armor except the one I want... Knucklehead Radar.

People who use it, is it really good or am I just charmed by the pretty graphics?

It's nothing mindblowing but having the radar up with primaries is very helpful in PVP

ocean

Banned
Xûr, how many more weeks will you deny me my Suros Regime? Haven't I suffered enough already for not picking it up the first time you sold it?

Xûr, how many more weeks will you deny me my Suros Regime? Haven't I suffered enough already for not picking it up the first time you sold it?

Pretty sure theres a way to see what he'll have next week. Change the clock on your ps4. It works going backwards, not sure about forwards.

So I've spent 5 or 6 days leveling Patience and Time and I gotta say...I'm a little disappointed. Now before I rag on it I will say that it is my favorite looking sniper in the game (it also sounds awesome), and it probably handles the best of any sniper I've used. That being said, its perks are underwhelming and it's damage seems anemic.

I've upgraded it to the point where it has both the radar while aiming perk (which is nice) and the Patience and Time perk (which cloaks you when aiming down sights), I've also invested in...most if not all of the non rare material damage upgrades.

The P&T perk is super underwhelming, and I get that it'd probably be broken as shit in PVP if it worked differently, but it takes 2-3 seconds to cloak you once you've aimed down the sights. It also breaks stealth when you fire, though there does seem to be some give in movement, but it isn't consistent as far as I've seen. Sometimes I can walk around while aiming and not break the cloak, other times it'll seemingly break at random.

Now I also have Icebreaker (which I kinda hate outside specific situations) but even without one single upgrade, it is killing targets quicker, even ones not solar shielded. This is despite the fact that currently my P&T has a higher damage stat from upgrades and is naturally more stable AND has a higher RoF.

Sorry for the long winded post about my first world problems. I suppose it just speaks to what lots of other people have been saying: Exotics should feel exotic and PVP and PVE should be balanced separately.

I agree that P&T isn't as good as people expected but as a warlock that cloaking does come in handy at times. It's enought to get you in an exposed position to get one good shot and run back. I also love how it handles and how I have 24 rounds to work with with 6 in the magazine. The low recoil means I can get 6 quick headshots on a boss and get back to safety. I think overall it's a very elegent weapon.

Edit** of course I'm talking about PVE since that's where I spend most of my time

Grimsen

According to the internets, I need 109 light to be level 29.

Swapping my queen's helmet for The Xur Warlock exotic one, and then maxing it out, should give me 109 light on the nose.

Which means I won't have to spend ass shards on my Queen's Guard chestpiece.

The level system is so stupid. There's lots of pieces of legendary armor to buy or get through drops, but they become useless too quickly, since they can't take you to 30.

Navy Bean

Exploding Rounds perk on my TDYK hand cannon is awesome. I don't care if it does less damage (does it?) I'm addicted and there's no going back.

Ganhyun

I just wish I could get some more raid armor from the raid instead of shards when I do it.

Though I have both the Gal and Truth from random drops. I just need to get them upgraded. Truth is very nice for killing Minotaurs in VoG.

Juraash

I agree that P&T isn't as good as people expected but as a warlock that cloaking does come in handy at times. It's enought to get you in an exposed position to get one good shot and run back. I also love how it handles and how I have 24 rounds to work with with 6 in the magazine. The low recoil means I can get 6 quick headshots on a boss and get back to safety. I think overall it's a very elegent weapon.

Edit** of course I'm talking about PVE since that's where I spend most of my time

I must not have upgraded it quite as far as I thought since I haven't opted for the larger capacity yet. But 24 shots sounds awesome, and as Warlock as well I agree that the stealth does have advantages.

Overall, despite my bitching, I love that gun. It's just not exactly what I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom