• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

Destiny is competing with Battlefield Hardline for most leaked shooter of the year. Well at least we know the level cap is being raised (which surprised no one).

A_Gorilla

Banned
So bought the engram from Xur today and got the Void Vest (which I couldn't get last week since I spent all my coins on the Ice Breaker)! First time I ever got something from that engram that I didn't already have or wasn't for my class.

why am i even bothering right now to get and max out raid gear if they're just going to raise the cap in two months

30 isn't necessary but 28 will be for future Raid content. Being 29 or 30 simply allows you to have an easier time in the new Raids. This is exactly how gear progression works in MMOs currently.

LordofPwn

Destiny is competing with Battlefield Hardline for most leaked shooter of the year. Well at least we know the level cap is being raised (which surprised no one).

Level cap increase? how and says who? destiny tracker? they've had level 30+ stuff listed before the game was even out (beta).

So bought the engram from Xur today and got the Void Vest (which I couldn't get last week since I spent all my counts on the Ice Breaker)! First time I ever got something from that engram that I didn't already have or wasn't for my class.

What's the strength stats on your void vest?

I doubt they will raise the level cap. All of the current exotic armors will become useless.. unless they add an additional upgrade to them by the time the DLC comes out

I doubt they will raise the level cap. All of the current exotic armors will become useless.. unless they add an additional upgrade to them by the time the DLC comes out

Again, this already happens in MMO's. New content comes out and requires more powerful gear and the old top of the line stuff becomes less valuable. It's not useless, since it's still relevant to it's level range but it does indeed get replaced and new top of the line stuff comes in.

So there would be more powerful Legendaries as well as more powerful Exotics.

Ryck

I need some people to play with, if anyone is interested I am usually on in the mornings 10am-2pm-ish PST

I mostly do bounties, daily heroic, and what not. ( Strikes as well but rarely Crucible )

Level 28 Titan

PS4: Ryck007

Currently doing the weekly heroic by myself haha -_-

Mrgamer

why we don't get any glimmer on hard mode raid?We tried last night the hard raid and didn't get any glimmer at all.We didn't get past the part to defend all 3 confluxes mostly to shitty connection :(.

Do we get glimmer on normal mode?

^^ your doing the raids for glimmer? Why not like you need it for repairs or.. anything.

Why dont we need to repair..

I just hope they weight the shards to the upgrade level. If I have to burn a fully upgraded raid vest and get 3 shards out of it I'll be hopping mad.
Yeah dismantled a legendary fully upgraded helm.. got 2 or 3 shards... ooooo

patchday

Again, this already happens in MMO's. New content comes out and requires more powerful gear and the old top of the line stuff becomes less valuable. It's not useless, since it's still relevant to it's level range but it does indeed get replaced and new top of the line stuff comes in.

So there would be more powerful Legendaries as well as more powerful Exotics.

Yep that would be my guess. This is why I do not like gear treadmills. You work hard to climb to the top and a DLC/expansion knocks you right back down

But I'm sure a lot of achievers will be all over that.

Vespene

Yeah, if they add an AH, they need to also add some better glimmer sinks. Sparrows for 50k glimmer, shaders for 200k glimmer, glowing helmet effect for 500k glimmer etc. I think Bungie just wasnt confident they could create a non-broken economy so they left out AH and player trading both of which the game desperately needs.

I don't think there are enough items and resources to warrant an auction house. The typical MMO has thousands of things up for auction. Destiny would have a few dozen at most. There are only 4 gatherables (1 per environment) all aquireable without a locked profession. Each class has only 3 items sets outside PVP (one blue and 2 vanguard). Weapons are a bit more plentiful but even then not to warrant an AH. This would also lead to glimmer farming which would be pretty dull.

It would be interesting to see an AH where the currency is Strange Coins though...

I just hope they weight the shards to the upgrade level. If I have to burn a fully upgraded raid vest and get 3 shards out of it I'll be hopping mad.

This is an interesting problem and I wonder how they will address it. If they stick with Shards and Energy they have the two fold problem of old gear sharding giving too little for the investment AND people having massive stockpiles of shards and energy from playing while not needing to use them.

If the new gear uses something other than energy and shards then it does effectively make the old gear useless for new players as it uses an upgrade material that becomes too much of a hassle to collect as it will just be replaced on the way to the higher level cap.

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
I'm running the raid with a couple of friends and it will be their first time. Any other gaffers who haven't tried it yet fancy coming along or any more experienced people are more than welcome too.

Edit: PS4 by the way
PSN: DiscreteCat

They don't have to be more powerful, just different-- new perks, etc. to suit different playstyles.

Sure they don't have to be. But we know Raids come in Normal and Hard, with Hard being about 4 levels higher (so far). We also know from the images/video of the bugged Director that both Raids for the known expansions have Normal at Level 28. This suggests that Hard modes will be level 32.

This could all be changed by release of those expacs of course but it's what we know for now.

After the Vex Mythoclast fiasco, this isn't happening.

You're not taking into account that ALL the new gear would be more powerful. So even the new Legedaries would be more powerful than the current exotics similar to the way that current Legendaries are more powerful than current Rares. We're talking Attack/Defense/Light increases here. Not literally 2 and 3 shot weapons.

Tawpgun

Sure they don't have to be. But we know Raids come in Normal and Hard, with Hard being about 4 levels higher (so far). We also know from the images/video of the bugged Director that both Raids for the known expansions have Normal at Level 28. This suggests that Hard modes will be level 32.

This could all be changed by release of those expacs of course but it's what we know for now.

We tried doing the level 30 raid with 2-3 29 and 28s. Simply not enough dps on the adds to kill them efficienty it's crazy

Jaeyden

71 Motes. Ready to buy all the engrams Xur has. Buy one, decrypt, BOOM Heart of the Praxic Fire. You are finally forgiven Rahool.

Cruxist

Talking with my buddies, the main thing we're all frustrated with right now is the lack of diversity in end-game content. Specifically with armor.

There's only one set of armor that gets you to 30 right now (Bar exotics. I love them, but equipping only one at a time hampers the diversity a bit). Presumably the DLC raid armor will follow suit, but there should be more options.

There definitely needs to be a PvP armor set that gets you to 30. This should've been in the base game, and I'm shocked we haven't seen it yet. Trials of Osiris sounds like it might be the solution, but it should be available for PvP players right away.

I also think that factions could play a role for different PvE armor. Not grinding them up to a certain level, but just something high tier, maybe special bounties once you reach rank X or something.

I just think it's kind of lame that all of the 30s running around have the same gear on.

Strider

why am i even bothering right now to get and max out raid gear if they're just going to raise the cap in two months

I agree and this is why i feel raising the level cap so soon after launch is just silly. I honestly don't care if I find the raid boots any more.

I saw alot of people. But I was in Patrol on Earth last night and there was no one. Kinda pleasant actually cuz I was just farming.

I'm almost always by myself when I go on patrol. Except today, seemed to be a lot of people around screwing with my bounties.

ethomaz

Banned
71 Motes. Ready to buy all the engrams Xur has. Buy one, decrypt, BOOM Heart of the Praxic Fire. You are finally forgiven Rahool.
Tried the first time.

lucky_raspberry.jpg

I just have one more try :( (22 motes... I will got one more to try).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom