• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidyj

kinda getting tired of people bringing unupgraded gear to raids, especially trying to run hard-mode.

like 257? really bros? i know you just do pvp because all you have are fucking crucible weapons but still you thought this was a good idea?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
light/beware is a fantastic fusion rifle. pocket infinity, once leveled up, isn't really like other fusion rifles. it's a beast of its own.
Yeah, and I was able to get void damage on my light/beware. That and it doesn't take up an exotic slot. I'll still go for the pocket infinity though just to have it.

kuppy

New Thread, yay!
The exotic build randomizer is neat, great idea for the OP. The Become Legend Wall of Fame is also a cool addition.

My latest thoughts about Destiny:
I've gotten way too careless from playing my high level character.
Rushing it a bit too much for my alt, always going for MVP, hehe. Think my new concentration will be to get my third character in the mid twenties and learn to pay the necessary respect again. Partially my sloppiness is also due to me having videos or podcasts in the background when I'm doing less concentration heavy tasks (so basically whenever I'm not doing a raid or nightfall).

That's basically what Destiny has become for me, a very solid gun game that I go to when I want to listen through my backlog of podcasts and videos over the week. And raids, don't think they will ever get boring, especially the hard one is still very challenging and just an amazing team effort.

Also more and more curious about the expansions, not sure how much I'll play till then and how heavily they will suck me back in, but the potential, oh.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, and I was able to get void damage on my light/beware. That and it doesn't take up an exotic slot. I'll still go for the pocket infinity though just to have it.

pocket infinity is solar
New Thread, yay!
The exotic build randomizer is neat, great idea for the OP. The Become Legend Wall of Fame is also a cool addition.
thank you! everybody do feel free to submit build ideas to add :)

Afrocious

If anyone's up for a Flawless Raider trophy run, I'm down. I'd get online.

Would like folks to be 29+ and not die on normal :).

As far as I'm concerned, Zoba and I are pretty damn flawless.

joecanada

Different play styles.

I hate both for pve, but I use both in pvp quite frequently. The DoT from Thorn is fantastic and it has tremendous range. I did not like Red Death at first due to the low RoF, but since unlocking the heal perk, I quite enjoy it.

I have been using Red Death as a nice change of pvp pace for the past few days exclusively.

If you can aim, both guns are great. If you need to spray and pray, follow the crowd and roll with Suros.

Thanks and thanks jinjo... I actually forgot Thorn was an exotic so yes it's very important to have a slot for icebreaker...
Good points!

Arrrrgh!

I am so pissed.

I finally got another Exotic Bounty Missive (I only need 1 more bounty) and, of course, all the ones offered are ones I already have.

What good is doing the bounty for a weapon you already got?

A whole lot of work just to break down for materials.

Why couldn't they have given me the Super Good Advice one.

eliza0224

The fucking internet issues are the worst part of this game. I would've already finished leveling my alt if I didn't get disconnected so many times.

I really like Destiny, but its so frustrating :( I won't even do raids cause I know I'll get disconnected... And it only happens with this game ;-;

Gurrry

Good RNG day for me

Got a rare shotgun in the raid, a bunch of shards, and atheons epilogue! (no more chatterwhite! yay)

Then I leveled up my rare chest piece, so im nearing 29 now. Whoohoo!

Add all that up with suros, sunbreakers and a exotic chest piece for my Hunter all from Xur.. and its been a good Destiny week.

BondFancy

The fucking internet issues are the worst part of this game. I would've already finished leveling my alt if I didn't get disconnected so many times.

I really like Destiny, but its so frustrating :( I won't even do raids cause I know I'll get disconnected... And it only happens with this game ;-;

Completely agree I typically have an issue once or twice daily, typically that doesn't sound bad at all...however, I have 100 down and 75 up in the US, so I shouldn't have ANY issues.

phen0m24

FInd a good spot on Venus and run around in a circle. Plenty of videos of where to run around.

Ember Caves. Dishes are done. Don't forget to check the chests in the caves.

Also every once in a while you get to take out a walker.

Enjoy. I'll be there later too.

If anyone's up for a Flawless Raider trophy run, I'm down. I'd get online.

Would like folks to be 29+ and not die on normal :).

As far as I'm concerned, Zoba and I are pretty damn flawless.

Flawless raider please! 30 Titan with 30 raid clears and maxed weapons out the ass. PS4. Only trophy I need for plat but haven't found a group for it yet.

After getting Plan C the other night and just picking up the Pocket Infinity, comparing them Plan C looks quite a bit better on paper except full auto mode on PI.

Plan C is the only weapon that gets me worried if I'm going up against someone that has it. Even with explosive rounds on my TDYK, if we both see each other at the same time, the non-existent charge time on Plan C turns me into ether.

PI is better for PvE. Plan C is OP in PvP once you unlock the Accelerated Coils and Hammer Forged.

Afrocious

Flawless raider please! 30 Titan with 30 raid clears and maxed weapons out the ass. PS4. Only trophy I need for plat but haven't found a group for it yet.

Cool beans.

Flawless Raider run:
1. Afrodeeziyak (me)
2. Darthbob
3. Boguester
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

Any takers?

nowai

Thanks and thanks jinjo... I actually forgot Thorn was an exotic so yes it's very important to have a slot for icebreaker...
Good points!

For pve, I 100% agree. For pvp though, you are much better off using Predyth's Revenge over Ice Breaker.

IB resets it's ammo when you die and the fantastic impact it has doesn't make up for the massive kick back it has.

All snipe rifles act the same in the Crucible. Two body shots or one head shot for a kill. No reason to use IB and take up an exotic slot.

kuppy

Cool beans.

Flawless Raider run:
1. Afrodeeziyak (me)
2. Darthbob
3. Boguester
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

Any takers?
Gosh, I'm so tempted. You would start when you have a team ready? How many attempts will you give it / how long will you keep trying?
But.. Yeah I'm pretty sure I could do it, but the pressure, shaking hands, would feel so extremely bad if I die though.

DjRalford

Well thanks to the raid earlier I had enough shards to upgrade my gear to lvl29

I also got enough energy to fully upgrade my ice breaker.

eliza0224

Completely agree I typically have an issue once or twice daily, typically that doesn't sound bad at all...however, I have 100 down and 75 up in the US, so I shouldn't have ANY issues.
I wish it was twice a day... It's been like 30 times today. I'm gonna think it's because I'm in Latin America. But it still sucks. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom