• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Obscured

Thought I'd wait til TTK dropped and some reviews popped before I jump in, but I've read and seen enough so figured in for a penny, in for a pound. Since I have to wait for the download anyway might as well take full advantage of it, hope it finishes soon.

30 minute impressions:

TLW got hit baaaad but using perfect balance is like eating ice cream after a break up
Thorn's range sucks but otherwise the same
Sector 618 is confusing but cool concept
Thieve's Den is trash in Rift - shocker
Blink Shotgun hasn't changed, although maybe it depends on the shotgun being used
lol at Arcbolt. Can walk right through it.
Bannerfall best map in the game BAR NONE

As for Rift.... i think it's too hectic right now. Half the time I don't even know it's being scored and i'm off on the other side of the map doing something. I dunno, doesn't feel like i'm playing an objective game yet. Also, the Mercy rule means most games just end really quickly.

Other general impression is that Crucible feels "balanced" and smoother.

jyoung188

Update is taking forrreeeeevvvvvvveeerrrrrrr.

I haven't played since the launch before the first DLC. I'm sorry, I'm sure its been answered a ton of times in this thread but whats the best way to get all the DLC? I have the digital version of the og game on PS4 but none of the DLC, do I buy the $60 digital version of Taken King that includes the original game again or is there some way to just buy all the DLC in a bundle?

wwm0nkey

Update is taking forrreeeeevvvvvvveeerrrrrrr.

I haven't played since the launch before the first DLC. I'm sorry, I'm sure its been answered a ton of times in this thread but whats the best way to get all the DLC? I have the digital version of the og game on PS4 but none of the DLC, do I buy the $60 digital version of Taken King that includes the original game again or is there some way to just buy all the DLC in a bundle?
Taken King Legendary Edition includes the base game + all DLC.

Also try the pause trick for faster downloads

Are they making any changes to gun sounds? I didn't play a lot of destiny 1.0, but I really hated how most of the guns sounded the same within a given class(i.e., assault rifles kind of all sound the same). Just felt like a lot of reskinned stuff

Frostburn

Anyone else not having kills register inside the ward of dawn for the first defender quest?
Yes completely broken, melee and granades count but not kills in the ward. Tested with Helm of Saint-14 and without. With exotic primary and without, with firefly and without.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Are they making any changes to gun sounds? I didn't play a lot of destiny 1.0, but I really hated how most of the guns sounded the same within a given class(i.e., assault rifles kind of all sound the same). Just felt like a lot of reskinned stuff

Exotics have their own unique sound.
Weapons from each class sound the same. This is one of the ways exotics have a more unique feel to them.
I think your expectations were off regarding gun sounds.

Frenden

Banned
If my download ever finishes, I'll probably just Crucible and wait until the level cap is lifted to do the class quests and apply that xp to my leveling.

jadedm17

Anyone need one on PS4? Up for anything. notJaded

Cons :
- Drunk. Actually, drinking, I'm like a 5/10 now. Wont go past 7.
- Hasn't played most of expansion 2, such as Skolas or even HM Crota.

Pros :
-Plays way too many FPS, so still better drunk than 90% online sober.
-Will play anything*. Prefering co-op, such as nightfall, weeky, story missions, etc.(*I've never been in Trials so...*)

Edit : Anything big I should be aware of I haven't read about yet?

Some really odd changes I have noticed in raids.

You can't kill yourself in the water anymore.

The Ogre at the end of the Abyss has more aggressive pathing now.

The doors at GK are always closed, so glimmer farming is slightly less effective at that spot (add 5-10 seconds per respawn).

EDIT: The last point held true for about a dozen circuits and then I respawned past the doors my second death after posting. Whatever.

DNAbro

I just want to have one match on The Dungeons, it's the last one i haven't seen yet. Why can't we vote on maps? I get so many repeats of the same ones.

So pretty confused right now, I only have access to the level 20 strike playlist on my level 32 character?

the only modifier you can do right now is the Weekly Heroic. everything else has been locked to the default difficulty. that means no more Exclusion Zone glimmer farm until next week.

Top Bottom