• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided I Review Thread I I asked for this

Dominator

You have a Wii U too, right?

You should've gone for the version since it's the best console version with also good use of the touchscreen. =(((((
I do but I already had the game for years without ever playing it on 360 lol

It's just the base game, is the Director's Cut a massive improvement that I should go for that? I don't have my PS3/360 hooked up anymore and I don't think that version is back compat, so I'd have to search out the Wii U version.

*sigh*

Was hoping for a meta in the high, and not the low 80s. Disappointed that the story appears to be a little underdeveloped, especially after waiting five years, but I'm glad almost all outlets agree that the gameplay and level design is improved. Don't understand why some say it is an improvement on the gameplay of HR but still score it something low like 6 or 7, but maybe they were just really let down by the story? Hoping I agree with the people giving it 9s, or the outlet that gave it a 10. The only real concern I have is that I hope it gets the same sales of HR or better, I need the series to keep going.

Looks like this is the second GOTY-candidate this year to stumble in pacing.

What's the other?

Grief.exe

At its current form? Zero propably.It barely runs 60fps on a GTX 1080 at 1920X1080 right now.After heavily patching who knows.It might run 60 fps at Full HD

I'm really skeptical of those benches. It's likely Nixxes wasn't given proper time, there may be some optimization/driver issues that need to be squashed out prior to, or post, launch.

Tovarisc

Like what? Outside of a very few examples (TLoU), I really don't think that the quality of narrative and story depth is significantly different in 2016 vs 2011. Especially if you are talking about "prolific" games.

I know people on GAF loves NaughtyDog, but I wouldn't say TLoU is some achievement of narrative depth and quality.

Not really defending his opinion but Edge 10 vs 91 MC isn't much different than Edge 9 vs 80 MC.

Were we expecting a 100 Metacritic?

A better example would've been them giving a 10 to something that ended up with a mid-70s metacritic, not universally acclaimed GOTY contenders. Like what a stupid reply, lol. "Hey remember that time EDGE gave an excellent score to a game everybody thought was excellent? Sometimes they're definitely off from the consensus you guyz"

I know people on GAF loves NaughtyDog, but I wouldn't say TLoU is some achievement of narrative depth and quality.

Interesting take on it.

I totally would. It's a masterpiece of the medium. There are lengthy video essays on the subject of its brilliance.

Raxanas

Neo Member
I'm really skeptical of those benches. It's likely Nixxes wasn't given proper time, there may be some optimization/driver issues that need to be squashed out prior to, or post, launch.

It might be the engine.But i believe in respecting devs that put serious work to the game to have decent optimisation and scaling.I wont be buying this game till they fix everything and its on sale for like 15 euros or something.I cant believe that in 2016 its acceptable to have badly optimised games in PC

seph1roth

So essentially

Better gameplay, better quest and level design than HR but it seems like is half a game probably due to future DLCs.

Am i right?

Tovarisc

Interesting take on it.

I totally would. It's a masterpiece of the medium. There are lengthy video essays on the subject of its brilliance.

Not sure what it says about me then because it didn't do anything for me. It was okay story with decent storytelling, but didn't blow my mind like it apparently was supposed to.

Ulysses 31

Gold Member
I do but I already had the game for years without ever playing it on 360 lol

It's just the base game, is the Director's Cut a massive improvement that I should go for that? I don't have my PS3/360 hooked up anymore and I don't think that version is back compat, so I'd have to search out the Wii U version.

I think in the DC the whole game uses the improved engine of Missing Link DLC, and items/skills/maps management is improved with the touch screen.

I 5hought they said September.... oh shit. We still in August sigh.
But still this game doesn't look that great.
What engine they are using?

They're using the Dawn Engine which is a heavily modified version of the Glacier 2 Engine used for Hitman: Absolution.

Jeffrey

were people really expecting GOTY scores?

They've had a pretty hefty preview marketing thing a few months ago and its easy to tell this game was going to be a 'safe' sequel gameplay wise, where most of the tweaks was on the balance and level design to fix the disproportionate balance that favored stealth more in HR.

Curufinwe

A better example would've been them giving a 10 to something that ended up with a mid-70s metacritic, not universally acclaimed GOTY contenders. Like what a stupid reply, lol. "Hey remember that time EDGE gave an excellent score to a game everybody thought was excellent? Sometimes they're definitely off from the consensus you guyz"

Actually, Edge giving a 10 to a game with a MetaCritic score of 90 is a very good comparison to Edge giving a 9 to a game with an 85 MetaCritic score.

But if you need a more extreme example of Edge liking a game more than the consensus, here you go.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/ridge-racer-unbounded/critic-reviews

what are you even arguing here?

AdamT

Looks like I'll stick with mostly high settings at 1440p on my 980ti. I don't mind a few dips, especially if it's a slower pace like DX. Can't wait to play.

komplanen

The stuff on bad story and ending makes me feel good not preordering.

Cherish those moments for they are worth so much. I just had that happen with NMS and I couldn't be happier!

Deus Ex to me looks like a winner though. I really loved the first one and the story + ending were shit. I just love the gameplay and most of all the atmosphere.

Not sure what it says about me then because it didn't do anything for me. It was okay story with decent storytelling, but didn't blow my mind like it apparently was supposed to.

Probably the same thing it says about about me. I wasn't blown away by TLoU either.

On topic, I'm actually quite okay with knowing that eidos took the safe route. I'm still very excited and an aggregate in the 80s doesn't take away from that in the slightest.

Coxy100

Banned
So essentially

Better gameplay, better quest and level design than HR but it seems like is half a game probably due to future DLCs.

Am i right?
Modern gaming huh?

Having read a couple of reviews I'll definitely be getting this - love the series and this sounds great too. For the developers sake though it's a shame they didn't get a higher metacratic - I was expecting 87 ish

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Getting exactly what I was expected score wise(8-10 scale). It'll be a fun ride, we knew that from the start.

John Wick

The reviews that really matter to me gave it 8.5,9 and 9. So looks like it's a very good game indeed. Definitely picking this up

kami_sama

The reviews are lower than expected, but I still ended preordering the game.
It'll be better than nms and I ended up liking that game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom